The Worst Day of my Life

A

AmilLion

I used to think triming my hair and growing my hair was soo important in life. I only considered taking vitamins initially to help my hair growth and then tonight I was struck with something that I wish on no one which made me reevaluate the importance of "hair health and growth"

Tonight, before the friggin holidays as if things couldn't get worse, I come to find out my dad has Prostate Cancer. The #1 killer amongst males.

So to those that are taking vitamins for the sole purpose of hair health and growth, also consider the health of your body, mind and soul. It's easy how we can put other things on high importance.

Upon hearing the news tonight, I realized that I took more care in wondering if my hair would grow rather than my body. What good would growing long beautiful healthy hair do me if I'm ill.

daviine

Amillion, I am truly sorry. Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts.

Sending you the biggest hug.......daviine

pebbles

AmilLion,

I know what you're feeling. My father had prostate cancer, and I was devastated when I first heard the news. I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope it's at an early stage, since prostate cancer is a slow moving cancer and there are a lot of options available to him. I wish you and your family the best and my prayers are with you on this holiday season.

sweetcocoa

Hey AmiLion, I'm sorry to hear about your father. My brother in-law is being tested for the same thing. Hopefully it is still in it's early stages and can be taken care off. You are absolutley right. I was just thinking how nice my hair has been and that I'd like to get some minor problems(like lower back pain and carpel tunnel) under control and be healthy all over.

Lucia

Just take things one day at a time, and know that God won't give you more than you can handle.

ms_kenesha

I'm sorry to hear that. My mother is a breast cancer and prayer and hope will get y'all through. When my mom told me she had breast cancer, the 1st. thing I said to her is "We'll get through this!" Don't give up on life, yours or your dads, cancer is no longer a death sentence.
And just think that all the vitamins you're taking are as good for your body and health as your hair, because healthy hair is a reflection of overall health.
Keep your head up!

BlkMane

Amilion--

I'm sorry to hear about your father. My father is sick as well (not cancer), so I feel your pain.

Something to keep in mind is that it HAS BEEN PROVEN THAT PRAYER HEALS. /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

An experiment was conducted in the medical community where 1/2 of subjects were not prayed for, while the other 1/2 were. Guess which 1/2 did better? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Jada

This just brought tears to my eyes, I know your pain my Father had cancer as well - Lung Cancer..I truly wish you and your family the best. The most important thing we can do "EVERYDAY" is to let our loved ones know that they are truly loved...I'm sending you a big ol hug, I will pray for your dad, good luck.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
My father was diagnosed with prosate cancer six years ago. It has been in remission, but I still get nervous... I lost my mom in 2000. I even considered getting the sheep sorrel for him. But he believes in 'real drugs' --none of that natural stuff...
You are in my prayers.

VALLEYGIRL

AmilLion
I am very sorry to hear this. Please stay strong for your dad and the rest of your family.

and like Black Mane said
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
it HAS BEEN PROVEN THAT PRAYER HEALS.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so very true

You and your family will be in my prayers and my thoughts

Valleygirl

rayne

Amillion and BlkMane, I am so sorry to hear about your fathers. I will keep you both in my prayers.

vevster

I am so sorry to hear that your father has prostate cancer. My father was diagnosed years ago and is stil asymptomatic. Like someone else posted it is a slow growing cancer if that is any consolation.

*hugs*

Robin41

Amilion, I'm so sorry to hear about your father. I lost my father to cancer when I was a young girl. Hopefully, your father's was caught in time and he still has a long healthy life ahead of him. You and your family are in my prayers.

Brownie

AmilLion,
I'm sorry to hear the news about your dad. It's ironic that you were thinking about what's most important in life today because I had that same thought. I was thinking about my hair woes, and in the middle of the thought, I started thinking about people (especially sick children) who have real problems. Prayer is powerful, so with all the ones you will be getting from the women on the site, if it is the lord's will, your dad will pull through.

carrie

I am so sorry to hear that. I agree with Lucia about God not giving you more than you can handle. Have faith in him. You and your father are in my prayers.

Carrie

JerseyGirl

I am so sorry to hear about your father. My mother had breast cancer and my father found out he had prostate cancer all in the same year. Both has survived and doing well. I share your pain. My God be with you and especially him. I will pray for him.

NAY007

amillion,

i am very sorry to hear that. you are right about what you said. something bad always has to happen to somebody and then you look at yourself and the things that are important to you and you ask yourself if you are crazy???
i do believe it is important not just to worry about the health of our hair but as you said our all over health.
have a blessed day.

Integrity

AmiLion God be with your father and the whole family. It's gonna be OK by the grace of God /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

nita4

May our gracious Lord bless and comfort all of you that are experiencing illness within your families.

NayNay

AmilLion,
Your father, you, and family are in my prayers! Hang tight and stand by his side and KEEP positive!
GOD Blesses to you.

Crysdon

I'm going to pray for you and your family.

"Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him!"

L.A. Woman

It's a shock at first but just take comfort in knowing that
1. People are praying for you and
2. Medical technology advances by the day and this is a condition that can be treated.

Tea

AmilLion, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad being diagnosed with cancer. I agree with what other ladies have said - don't give up on life, God doesn't give us more than we can handle and prayer really does work. If I remember correctly prostate cancer (my grandfather had prostate cancer some time ago) when caught early it is very treatable. I understand what you are going through my greatgrandmother had breast cancer, my grandmother had breast cancer, my aunt has breast cancer (she's currently being treated) and my mom is on an experimental drug to try to prevent breast cancer. It can be quite scary and unsettling when a family member is diagnosed with this disease and it does make you think about what things are really important to you. May God grant you and your loved ones peace in knowing that He knows the things that we are going through, He is with us through all things, He is the divine physician and He does heal.

Kitkat

AmilLion, like everyone else I'm sorry to hear about your dad's diagnosis. My father had prostate cancer and it was very treatable. It was just like a chronic illness that he took medication for, and he was fine. In older men, it progresses very slowly. I hope that your dad makes a full recovery, but I'm sending hugs and prayers your way anyway.

BlkMane, I hope that your father recovers as well. I'm sending hugs and prayers to you as well.

A

AmilLion

Thanks guys for all your support. Wish I could say more but I can't. Totally lost for words, but I really do appreciate each and everyone of your for stopping by the post and leaving kind words of encouragement.

I'm no longer going to think the worst. I can only do what I can. I'll help my dad out as much as possible, cherish all memories of him and enjoy the time that I have with him.