Thick Hair madness!!

keeshesfromindy

With the tips i've gained from this board, my hair is thick is stays moisturized now, but I think I may be over doing it. I have to part my hair in sections, because it's soo thick and I have to get my roots too. Anyone have any tips or dealing with the same problem? Should I skip a day moisturizing my hair? I'm not sure what to do. I just moisturize in the morning and when i get home at
night. My factory job used to dry my hair out, but
now my hair stays moisturized.

Thanks in advance,
Keeshes

Mahalialee4

For me, hair cannot be too thick!!!
I LOVE THICK HAIR, and eventually it becomes long healthy thick hair!!!
Are you saying you want it thinner. Do you relax? Bonjour.

adrienne0914

i'm with mahalialee on this one. maybe it's because i've had so much trouble with shedding, but there's no such thing as too thick for me either. i think it depends on the look that you're trying to achieve. i don't like BIG hair, but i do like thick. how do you wear you hair on a daily basis?

Madison

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
luvhair said:
can you please share with us how you got you hair thick and maintained moisture?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes please share.

keeshesfromindy

I love my thick hair, I hope it grows out to be thick and long. My hair beats up my relaxers. I think I was just born with it.
Just sometimes it takes forever to make sure it is moisturized.
My mom has thick hair too. I basically just use moisturizers, and do a pre-shampoo treatment. I'm new at this too. I never realized how thick my hair was until I started taking care of it. I'm still trying to make out a good regimen, I say one thing it does not feel hard anymore.

1. I think eating right helps me.
2. I drink lots of water.
3. I use lots of oils, carrier oils on my hair. I'm scared Ill clog my scalp if i use petroleum and mineral oil.
4. I rotate moisturizers, I have lots of different ones.
5. I just try to make sure I hit each section of my head.
6. I wash with moisturizing conditioners/ shampoos. I'm going to try a protein shampoo/conditioner after I get my relaxer.
7. I keep my hair up in a clip every day.
8. I rinse my hair with distilled water, and put a nice leave in conditioner in it.
9. I realize that I have to have patience.

That's it!
Keeshes