This Is Why I don't Trust Folks With My Hair

leona2025

Ok so I went to the Beauty School today to get a rollerwrap. The instructor was called to do my hair. She said I needed a trim, which I knew I did because I had some damaged split ends from abusing my flat iron. I inspected them before leaving.

I talked to her before hand and I really didn't want much taken off and she said she wouldn't trim much and it seemed like when she was triming it she was sticking to her word. I asked her after she was done did trim off most of the damaged ends.

She said no I had a lot more that needed cutting. I talked to her before hand and she seem really knowledgable. I ask if my hair seemed to be in good condition she immediately said NO. Long story short I went from this to this. I'm kinda upset, but it's really my fault I knew better. There goes WL. I think my hair is in very good condition. I like the fresh ends, but I'm sad about my goal and the fact she cut more than I thought she should have.

leona2025

Yeah this one was your fault. But at least you have a cute haircut!

I like the haircut MSA, I'm just sad it's gone. Especial since I told her light trim, but I guess this is light since I "need" so much more cut. Now I don't know where to go to get trims.

msa

I like the haircut MSA, I'm just sad it's gone. Especial since I told her light trim, but I guess this is light since I "need" so much more cut. Now I don't know where to go to get trims.

Well I think if you take care of your ends really well and do search and destroys you shouldn't have to trim.

And if you do feel the need to get a trim, make sure you explain to them exactly what you want and watch them the whole time.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Well I think if you take care of your ends really well and do search and destroys you shouldn't have to trim.

And if you do feel the need to get a trim, make sure you explain to them exactly what you want and watch them the whole time.

IA: She probably "thought" she was helping you out by taking care of those ends.:look:

I am certain you wouldn't want to reach WL and have 5-6 inches of uneven hair just to get there. Unless you were planning to grow it out and then trim it up. Either way, you would have probably had to "Trim":look:

Regardless, it looks great. And maybe as msa stated: You can keep them healthy and just lightly "dust" when/where needed until you reach your goal.:yep:

prospurr4

I don't blame you....I certainly don't trust anyone (but myself) around my head with scissors.

Your ends look fabulous, though. It's just the beginning of summer, so hopefully you will get a growth spurt that gets your length back in no time.

chebaby

i actually like the cut more than the longer photo but i understand it is hard to let go of hair. especially if it was unexspected.

MissYocairis

I don't think you needed that much trimmed. Don't let others do your trims!

*Muffin*

:bighug:. Sorry this happened to you. It will be all right. You will be back down there again in no time, and what is more you won't have need of a trim because you just got a good one. I'm just happy she didn't cut it ridiculously short. You still have great length :yep:

Junebug D

It's still pretty, but she did cut quite a bit. I'm sure she cut more than what was absolutely necesary. :nono:

ajacks

Oh, no! That sucks that she cut so much, but on the upside your hair and those ends are perfection!

sqzbly1908

Hey Leona!

Well all that matters is that you like it....It looks good and I bet you get that length back before the holidays if not earlier...I just got a therapeutic trim (what I call it) and I love it - especially how the stylist talked walked me through the whole process - PM me next time and I will give you her information....

leona2025

Thanks for the support ladies. While I did have some bad ends, they were not thin. I found maybe 3 or 4 splits and I had trimmed them out. That before picture was a week old uncombed flat iron job. The reason my hair looks full now is because I had a roller wrap.

On top of that I think I will wash and dc tomorrow because my hair is so greasy. She used Proclaim Oil Sheen and it is really greasy. The wrap and the roller set looked like crap. I don't know if ya'll can tell in the picture, but my hair is not straight. I guess this is a good starting point to go for TBL, lol.

leona2025

I'm gonna put a bald head cat in my siggy cause the more I think about it the more I feel like that.

MahoganyJazz

I'm so sorry she didn't do what you asked. Sometimes you have to break out a ruler and show them how much you want trimmed, or else they'll do what they please. At least she did a good job on the cut if nothing else.

ETA: I'd die for that length!!!! You're about 22 inches away from being a bald cat!!!!

leona2025

I'm so sorry she didn't do what you asked. Sometimes you have to break out a ruler and show them how much you want trimmed, or else they'll do what they please. At least she did a good job on the cut if nothing else.

ETA: I'd die for that length!!!! You're about 18 inches away from being a bald cat!!!!

It's a nice trim. She did tell me that I need to rerelax my whole head from ends up because it was underprocessed, but I kinda liked it liked that. I felt it was almost texlaxed, lol.

SelahOco

She cut too much....but now you're in a great position to baby that hair and reach WL with good ends. Your hair is beautiful and I'm sure it's in great condition. It looks so.

hopeful

It doesn't look like you needed more than a good inch or so cut. I would be sad too if I were you, but you don't look like a bald-headed cat!:nono: Take that thing out of your avi!:lol: Thank goodness you still have a nice length.

tarheelgurl

It looks good and it really isn't that bad. I don't think she took off more than a good shaping up. She really didn't do a bad job but it all boils down to how you like it. I like it.