This Is Why I don't Trust Folks With My Hair

Nayna

Unbothered
Ur hair still looks good and healthy. I don't even ask stylists their opinion. I think she still listened but u know how they do, once u ask them if it needs more they cut to even up. Next time don't even ask, tell her to cut however much u want and that's that. I remember one time my old regular stylist gave me a trim but because I grow in a V she trimmed in a V. I had to get a quick wash and set but I couldn't go to her and the daggone stylist said I needed a trim, lol. Since then I was like yea they don't look for no damn splits.

Lucky's Mom

Awe. Honey. I am sorry.:nono: I must say I was SHOCKED when I saw your pictures.

I would also respectfully submit that NO instructor ( especially the instructor) Could come near my head. I figure that they would be worse than the students.....

Ok so I went to the Beauty School today to get a rollerwrap. The instructor was called to do my hair. She said I needed a trim, which I knew I did because I had some damaged split ends from abusing my flat iron. I inspected them before leaving.

I talked to her before hand and I really didn't want much taken off and she said she wouldn't trim much and it seemed like when she was triming it she was sticking to her word. I asked her after she was done did trim off most of the damaged ends.

She said no I had a lot more that needed cutting. I talked to her before hand and she seem really knowledgable. I ask if my hair seemed to be in good condition she immediately said NO. Long story short I went from this to this. I'm kinda upset, but it's really my fault I knew better. There goes WL. I think my hair is in very good condition. I like the fresh ends, but I'm sad about my goal and the fact she cut more than I thought she should have.

leona2025

I'm not angry about it much. I love the shape and them ends were taunting me day after day, but it's a surprise to see it. She wrapped it and I left and took it down at home. I even looked on the floor to see the hair, but it was gone. Now I can just bun and be happy.

blue_flower

Your hair likes NICE! I really like the U-shape- that's how I want my hair to be trimmed when it gets longer. I don't know who I can trust to do that!

leona2025

Awe. Honey. I am sorry.:nono: I must say I was SHOCKED when I saw your pictures.

I would also respectfully submit that NO instructor ( especially the instructor) Could come near my head. I figure that they would be worse than the students.....

I thought the instructor would be better than a student. She was telling me about how she was getting her own salon. I will just have to perfect this rollersetting thing myself.

tenderheaded

Your hair is vey lovely, but you did not get what you requested:sad:

How about a one woman :SUPER GROW" challenge - you see how much growth you can achieve between now and Oct. 24th. Four months to showcase your skills. Of course, you'll keep us posted!

cmw45

I'm sorry this happend. BUT...and this is just me...while you are no longer at WSL...it really doesn't look like she took off that much.

Your hair still looks great.

leona2025

Since ya'll don't think it's that bad, would it be ok to still go back just for the rollersets and nothing else?

winnettag

Well, the ladies have pretty much covered everything I was thinking. :yep:
You still have beautiful, long hair....
But I am very mad that she said you still needed to trim a lot and it was in bad condition. :nono: Who's head was she looking at?

cutenss

Very frustrating when you have a goal that you are trying to achieve. But your hair IS GORGEOUS in both pics. :yep:

FindingMe

awww, man. sorry, sis....she cut a lot leona, but it still looks good. just think of it this way, not you have a healthy BSL to get back to waist length with nice ends...

charmtreese

Im sorry this happened to you!!!

Im in cosmetology school now...and many stylist/students really do not know or understand how much an inch is. Today one of my classmates was getting her hair trimmed by the teacher (who is really scissor happy). when the hair hit the floor I said to one of my other classmates..."thats 3 inches" some other students over heard me and exclaimed "thats no more than an inch of hair...maybe less!"...well when I pulled out my cutting comb with the inches on it and measured the hair it was 3 inches exactly!!!!!

Whenever you get your hair trimmed show them with your fingers or a ruler how much you want cut off.

Nubenap22

Well we dont always like that we need a trim and sometimes we are almost in tears or fuming mad when they do it but sometimes its what out hair needs....Try having her chop 4 inches (hair was on the bottom of my neck) all around when all i needed was maybe two...she said I wanted to cut it in a style...needles to say she didnt get paid and i wont be seeing her again!!!

Barbara

Princess
Your hair doesn't look bad at all. I don't think she sabotaged your hair; she did a good job, but your "before" picture didn't look bad either. I would have left it like it was.

Mine was trimmed like that too, except my ends were really unevened (right side five inches longer than the left). My hair hadn't been trimmed in about three years. My stylist just isn't into trimming, because he feels it will cut away the growth. He removed four inches and trimmed it into a "U" shape (to bra clasp) back in February.

Last edited:

Miss*Tress

It looks good and it really isn't that bad. I don't think she took off more than a good shaping up. She really didn't do a bad job but it all boils down to how you like it. I like it.
I definitely agree. As the stylist cut more than you expected, it's only natural to not like the cut. However, it is very pretty and if you notice the deepest/longest part of the 'U' is only a fraction shorter than your original length.

loved

OP did she explain to you or show you why your was supposedly not in good condition? Your hair looks nice with the cut, but it looked fine in the first pic. It looks like a light dusting could have served your purpose.

And please don't pay attention to her advice to rerelax your entire head from the ends up because of "underprocessing". It is so much stress on the hair and you lose your thickness. I speak from experience.

leona2025

OP did she explain to you or show you why your was supposedly not in good condition? Your hair looks nice with the cut, but it looked fine in the first pic. It looks like a light dusting could have served your purpose.

And please don't pay attention to her advice to rerelax your entire head from the ends up because of "underprocessing". It is so much stress on the hair and you lose your thickness. I speak from experience.

She didn't really explain why she thought my hair was in poor condition. I think it was because it tangles easily. Which is what I told them at the shampoo bowl. She had a hard time detangling, but I do just fine in the shower under the water.

I know my hair is easy to tangle which is why I saved so much of my hair when I discoverd LHCF and detangling in the shower. The bolded is what I was mostly concerned with. My hair generally gets really straight when I flatiron or roller set. I don't want to sacrifice my thickness.

910danielle1987

Based on the before picture, you have fine hair. Based on my own experiences stylist do not like long, fine hair, and will try to convince someone with it to cut it. I don't know if they can't tell the difference between it being fine or damaged, or just feel that people with fine hair shouldn't grow their hair long, but that's the way it is with most stylists.

I'm 99% sure if your hair was in the same condition, but a thicker texture, she wouldn't have been so convinced your hair was in "bad condition". My suggestion would be to do your own trims from now on, because most stylists are going to be like her. I got lucky, because my cousin is a hair stylist and she's not scissor happy and actually knows the difference between a trim and cut, and always asks first, and never cuts my hair without my wishes. But I don't know if you'd be so lucky to find a stylist like that these days.

pri

I like the before and after pic...but to me your hair looks just fine in the before pic. It didn't look like you needed a trim to me unless you wanted to even things up...but either way your hair is beautiful!