This Is Why I don't Trust Folks With My Hair

MissJ

Girl, I learned the hard way like you. The upside is that your ends are full and healthy.

finickyone

You still have lovely hair, but why can't they just do what you asked for? I agree with the poster that said you asked for a trim & not a cut! If she knew more then a trim was needed then I don't think its too much to bring it to your attention before cutting more.

blazingthru

I am now a huge fan of trims. I get mines regular now. My hair is almost at the length was before I got it chopped. That was back at the end of feb. I got another trim in March and another one in May. Seemed like my hair got better so I go and get my trims and my stylist hair is waist lenght both in phil and in Atlanta so I was really lucky. I also make sure the salon I go to whenever I go specializes in long hair. My hair is not long but thats my goal and I want to keep as much of my lenght as I can. I found that that works. I think its a lot of hair lost but it will come back healthier and thicker which is what you want. Your hair is still a dream for me.

honeisos

I just read this in our twlight group, Leona ! I'm so sorry .. I will send Edward to bite her right now ! But your hair does look really pretty on the bright side ;)

hillytmj

I honestly think it looks great, but I wouldn't go back to them again since they didn't follow your wishes.

CurlyMoo

How many times did she trim your hair? Before you asked her what condition your hair was in she trimmed it; did she trim it after? Because that's a lot of hair to take off.
I'm sorry she took too much off, I would have been upset too. It will grow back.

Actually, to be honest your story is very upsetting and will keep me out of the salons. I was considering visiting a Barber to trim my hair, because men like long hair on women. Whereas women have a hard headed jealous streak and tend to do what they want to do and not what they get paid to do. And then act surprised that you would be upset for taking a foot of hair off when you asked for a centimeter.

Don't worry it will grow back.

CurlyMoo

Im sorry this happened to you!!!

Im in cosmetology school now...and many stylist/students really do not know or understand how much an inch is. Today one of my classmates was getting her hair trimmed by the teacher (who is really scissor happy). when the hair hit the floor I said to one of my other classmates..."thats 3 inches" some other students over heard me and exclaimed "thats no more than an inch of hair...maybe less!"...well when I pulled out my cutting comb with the inches on it and measured the hair it was 3 inches exactly!!!!!

Whenever you get your hair trimmed show them with your fingers or a ruler how much you want cut off.

I agree and if they go over that amount tell them they will be paying you to cut extra!

joib

You mean to tell me you had 3 to 4 inches of split ends. What was she thinking? Your hair looked beautiful at both lengths. You will be back on track in no time.

shortycocoa

Hair Weave Killer
OP, I'm sorry this happened to you. Just look at it as a minor setback that you will recover from. And like others said, at least you learned your lesson and know to proceed with caution in the future. You will most likely have to learn to do it yourself if you want it done right.

I am just wondering why you want to know if you should go back to her for other services (e.g. wrap and roller set) if you told us that the end result looked like crap?

you will most likely have to find someone else who can do stellar wraps and rollersets or learn to do EVERYTHING to your hair yourself. It gets tiresome, I would imagine, but it's an investment that seems worth it. Especially considering your goals. If everytime you go to a stylist and they're just cutting what they feel like cutting (that's not really necessary) then what is the point?

Your hair looks great and I'm sure when you get back to waistlength (and beyond if that is what you desire) it will be even more beautiful.

leona2025

OP, I'm sorry this happened to you. Just look at it as a minor setback that you will recover from. And like others said, at least you learned your lesson and know to proceed with caution in the future. You will most likely have to learn to do it yourself if you want it done right.

I am just wondering why you want to know if you should go back to her for other services (e.g. wrap and roller set) if you told us that the end result looked like crap?

you will most likely have to find someone else who can do stellar wraps and rollersets or learn to do EVERYTHING to your hair yourself. It gets tiresome, I would imagine, but it's an investment that seems worth it. Especially considering your goals. If everytime you go to a stylist and they're just cutting what they feel like cutting (that's not really necessary) then what is the point?

Your hair looks great and I'm sure when you get back to waistlength (and beyond if that is what you desire) it will be even more beautiful.

Well I did leave early and I didn't let it dry completely and that's why I thought it looked like crap. After 2 hours under the dryer I told her to wrap it and I would dry it the rest of the way at home, but the wrap came out horrible. The other thing I noticed is that the cut isn't even. I have strings and areas where the hair wasn't cut at all. I won't be doing anymore trims for a while.

Optimus_Prime

your hair still looks long. take it as a lesson learned - you don't need to consider it a big loss, since you know you can grow past your current length.
Love your avatar, btw.

song_of_serenity

I agree that it's horrible to get a cut you didn't want...and "It looks great!" (and it DOES, I LOVE your ends and the shape) doesn't help much when you get a cut you didn't want. BUT consider the fact that in the before, your hair was lying stick straight and in the after, it's slightly curled and volumeized...

Stella B.

I understand how you feel! These hairdressers just don't have the same vision for our hair that we do!! Seriously though, it doesn't look bad; your ends really look fuller. Just look at it like this- even though your ends are shorter, they're healthier, and this will jumpstart you towards your WL goal. :grin:You might reach your goal a little later than you expected, but don't give up!! We can all see that you are clearly on your way!!!

taj

You may have had a few splint ends, but your hair looked no where near damaged! Your hair still looks fabulous, but she gave you a cut as opposed to a trim. I only trust 1 person to trim my hair.