THREAD for no reason - Random Hair Thoughts Here

gymfreak336

I am have an itch to buy something but I just bought some garnier last night. I used it and it was great. I will add it into the rotation. I think I might need to buy some steam rollers because lately my sets are not lasting despite what I do:perplexed

angie10

InnerSoul said:
I only take one vitamin... womens one a day. I get majority of my nutrients and vitamins from foods also.

I'm trying to be like you InnerSoul when I grow up:lol: I'm trying to cut back big time.

MzOptimistic

angie10 said:
No I'm not having trouble with my weight, I gained a little weight but I lost it. Why do you ask? I'm also thinking about dropping either the Ultra nourish hair or nioxin. I don't know which one to drop, I like them both:confused:

I can help you with that:grin: drop the Ultra Nourish Hair:)

ravenmerlita

I think I'm going to do an Aphogee treatment tonight. It will be my first one and I hope I don't jack my hair up. Of course, what I really need is a trim. So I don't know if I should do the treatment, wash it out, then deep condition and leave that in and go get a trim tomorrow. Or go through the whole aphogee, then deep condition, then rinse then roller set, then dry at home and then turn around tomorrow and go get my hair washed, trimmed and blown out. Or maybe, I should get my hair trimmed tomorrow and not have them dry or style it, but I can come home and do the aphogee and the rest myself. Thoughts to ponder as I wait for it to be time to go home...

Carla From VA

What a great thread. I am wondering how everyone is able to stretch their relaxers AND do rollersets at the same time. I want to cut down on the heat, but I am 11 weeks post relaxer, and when I roller set or use flexirods, my new growth shrinks back down to an unmanageable brillo pad.

Today my coworker showed me how her hair is breaking off at the roots, she said its because she has waited 6 weeks to do a touchup and she should only go 4 weeks in between relaxers!:eek: I told her how long I had been stretching and I was trying to go from November to March or April and she said no way could she do that. Her hair is see through, I'm not exaggerating. And if you look at her head from behind, you can see her scalp through her hair. I asked what kinds of deep conditioners was she using, and she said she doesn't know what kind of shampoo/conditioner the stylist uses, but whatever it is, it is never left in any longer than 3 minutes. :eek: :eek: Then I had the audacity to ask what kind of moisturizer she was using....LeKair Super Petroleum....I mean SuperGro!! :eek: :eek: :eek: And she puts a permanent hair color on top of all this, and washes it only every two weeks. So I went into my spiel, and I could see the disinterest in her eyes. I told her about Nexxus Emergencee and how it could stop her hair from breaking and all she wanted to know is how much it costs? Cuz if it more than 10 bucks I'm not getting it!:perplexed I begged her to at least let me braid her up and slap a weave in for the rest of the winter to give her hair a break, I told her I would even GIVE her the hair. But nope she said she plans on getting a head full of finger waves instead, and she uses that hard black gel.

This conversation has racked my brain the entire afternoon. Thank goodness I am enlightened. Now I feel better I got that off my chest.

MzOptimistic

gymfreak336 said:
I am have an itch to buy something but I just bought some garnier last night. I used it and it was great. I will add it into the rotation. I think I might need to buy some steam rollers because lately my sets are not lasting despite what I do:perplexed

I know how you feel because I am sitting at this computer, trying to think of something to buy...and I can't think of nothing. I bought some more viviscal but other than that. I can't think of nothing that I realllllllly want/need:)

Carla From VA

prettypuff1 said:
Man that Biotin made me break out....

Me too, I had to stop taking it, and now I'm just doing 2000 msg of MSM and I've added 1 evening primrose oil pill to the mix. I am looking like a teenager around here and it ain't pretty!

gymfreak336

navsegda said:
Man, I realllllllllly want some Monoi oil.

I just got some monoi oil lotion and shower gel from bath and body works and :D I love the smell. I was in the shower last night washing my hair wondering if I could find a monoi hair care line. I would love for a shampoo to smell like that.

Anancy

Im thinking hmmmm, maybe i should take a picture of how rough my extentions are looking after 3 weeks.

Hareitiz

tsmith said:
I know how you feel because I am sitting at this computer, trying to think of something to buy...and I can't think of nothing. I bought some more viviscal but other than that. I can't think of nothing that I realllllllly want/need:)

Are you going to take the Viviscal and Nioxin together or switch up?

gymfreak336

tsmith said:

Don't you just hate that:cool: I am going to goahead and pick up some more garnier while it is on sale. I guess that justifies that. I still want more though. I just feel like since it is the same brand of what I bought last night then it really isn't new:D

gymfreak336

Carla From VA said:
What a great thread. I am wondering how everyone is able to stretch their relaxers AND do rollersets at the same time. I want to cut down on the heat, but I am 11 weeks post relaxer, and when I roller set or use flexirods, my new growth shrinks back down to an unmanageable brillo pad.

Today my coworker showed me how her hair is breaking off at the roots, she said its because she has waited 6 weeks to do a touchup and she should only go 4 weeks in between relaxers!:eek: I told her how long I had been stretching and I was trying to go from November to March or April and she said no way could she do that. Her hair is see through, I'm not exaggerating. And if you look at her head from behind, you can see her scalp through her hair. I asked what kinds of deep conditioners was she using, and she said she doesn't know what kind of shampoo/conditioner the stylist uses, but whatever it is, it is never left in any longer than 3 minutes. :eek: :eek: Then I had the audacity to ask what kind of moisturizer she was using....LeKair Super Petroleum....I mean SuperGro!! :eek: :eek: :eek: And she puts a permanent hair color on top of all this, and washes it only every two weeks. So I went into my spiel, and I could see the disinterest in her eyes. I told her about Nexxus Emergencee and how it could stop her hair from breaking and all she wanted to know is how much it costs? Cuz if it more than 10 bucks I'm not getting it!:perplexed I begged her to at least let me braid her up and slap a weave in for the rest of the winter to give her hair a break, I told her I would even GIVE her the hair. But nope she said she plans on getting a head full of finger waves instead, and she uses that hard black gel.

This conversation has racked my brain the entire afternoon. Thank goodness I am enlightened. Now I feel better I got that off my chest.

Now you know you need to pick up some aphogee keratin packs and give them to her out of goodwill. I don't understand how people can complain about prices when they look damn near bald? Its not like emergencee is 50 bucks. I know a good wig cost more than what ever a good protien treatment cost.

Carla From VA

Gymfreak, what a great idea! That is what I will do, give her a couple of Aphoghee packs. And I will take a ziploc bag, and spoon some of my homemade jojoba oil/shea butter/mango butter into it and tie it up with a bow. She lifted up her hair in the back, and she literally had areas where it was just like 3 long strands and all the rest had broken completely off.

gymfreak336

Carla From VA said:
Gymfreak, what a great idea! That is what I will do, give her a couple of Aphoghee packs. And I will take a ziploc bag, and spoon some of my homemade jojoba oil/shea butter/mango butter into it and tie it up with a bow. She lifted up her hair in the back, and she literally had areas where it was just like 3 long strands and all the rest had broken completely off.

Maybe she will listen to your advice. Your hair looks great. Just tell her that she can one day have hair like you.

e$h

Well I went to get a multi-vitamin from Vitamin Shoppe last night and when I got to work this morning, I read that it wasn't a good pill:eek: . I opened the darn bottle and threw out the receipt last night. I dunno what pill to get now. So far I'm taking; biotin and b-complex/b12. I needed to add a multi to that but I'm not sure which one to get now. I might look into the flintstones complete.
Since I don't have my receipt, I'm thinking of exchanging it for some AO honeysuckle rose since I've been wanting to try it.

Hmmmmmm........... decisions, decisions.

LocksOfLuV

angie10 said:
Thanks, I do exercise about four times a week. I don't stress out a lot, and I'm also thinking about taking either the nioxin or ultra nourish hair. I'm just having trouble picking which one. I agree about eating fish instead, I only take the fish oil when I'm not eating fish. I take the ester c because it's suppose to be a powerful source of vitamin c, I believe. It's the chewy kind, so I like the taste:grin:

Yeah I was gonna say drop the oils too. I mean, they are good and they aren't the "bad fats" but once again our body does has a very limited storage for those fats too. I say drop those and eat fish instead Like GYMF said.

gymfreak336

e$h said:
Well I went to get a multi-vitamin from Vitamin Shoppe last night and when I got to work this morning, I read that it wasn't a good pill:eek: . I opened the darn bottle and threw out the receipt last night. I dunno what pill to get now. So far I'm taking; biotin and b-complex/b12. I needed to add a multi to that but I'm not sure which one to get now. I might look into the flintstones complete.
Since I don't have my receipt, I'm thinking of exchanging it for some AO honeysuckle rose since I've been wanting to try it.

Hmmmmmm........... decisions, decisions.

Go ahead and get the aubrey. :grin:

MzOptimistic

Hareitiz said:
Are you going to take the Viviscal and Nioxin together or switch up?

I've been taking nioxin for 5 months and I started taking viviscal 3 weeks ago and as I stated I just purchased my second box of viviscal. My plan is to continue to take both until I have taken viviscal for 6 months and if I get good results, I will stop taking nioxin and continue to take viviscal. I want to have viviscal in my system for 6 months b4 dropping nioxin. I'm wondering is it really necessary to take 2 hair vitamins...I mean I KNOW it's not necessary but the viviscal was just impulsive buying. I have 3 90 supply bottles of nioxin and want to finish those but at the same time I wanted to try viviscal too. I hope I am making some sense:)

gymfreak336

angie10 said:
Thanks, I do exercise about four times a week. I don't stress out a lot, and I'm also thinking about taking either the nioxin or ultra nourish hair. I'm just having trouble picking which one. I agree about eating fish instead, I only take the fish oil when I'm not eating fish. I take the ester c because it's suppose to be a powerful source of vitamin c, I believe. It's the chewy kind, so I like the taste:grin:

Well if you like the taste then keep it. Vitamin C dramatically helps MSM absorbtion. If you take flaxseed oil on a regular basis, then you don't need the fish oil even when you don't eat fish. On the days you don't eat fish try eating a small handful of walnut or almonds if you like them.

gymfreak336

tsmith said:
:lachen: :lachen: :lol: Girl, that would be an all out CATFIGHT:lol:

I think our girl got her. I mean, she wouldn't have much more hair to pull out of that poor girls head:grin: :lachen: :lachen:

BTW: How is the nioxin treating you

Carla From VA

Tsmith and Gymfreak, y'all are a riot. We have been working together for almost 10 years, and she has seen my hair when it was natural, relaxed, weaved and some more, but she just atttributes it to "someone must be indian in your family line". So I was able to trace my family line back to slavery....all black skinned folks! When I told her that since my hair is fairly clean, it doesn't itch and I don't put heavy grease on my scalp, she was like HUH?

Don't y'all feel like you are on a 'mission from god' to educate sisters about taking good care of their hair so it can be beautiful?

angie10

LocksOfLuV said:
Yeah I was gonna say drop the oils too. I mean, they are good and they aren't the "bad fats" but once again our body does has a very limited storage for those fats too. I say drop those and eat fish instead Like GYMF said.

Thank girl:D

angie10

tsmith said:
I've been taking nioxin for 5 months and I started taking viviscal 3 weeks ago and as I stated I just purchased my second box of viviscal. My plan is to continue to take both until I have taken viviscal for 6 months and if I get good results, I will stop taking nioxin and continue to take viviscal. I want to have viviscal in my system for 6 months b4 dropping nioxin. I'm wondering is it really necessary to take 2 hair vitamins...I mean I KNOW it's not necessary but the viviscal was just impulsive buying. I have 3 90 supply bottles of nioxin and want to finish those but at the same time I wanted to try viviscal too. I hope I am making some sense:)

It makes sense alright, you're a vitamin junkie:lachen: *just kidding girl, I know how you feel*

MzOptimistic

gymfreak336 said:
I think our girl got her. I mean, she wouldn't have much more hair to pull out of that poor girls head:grin: :lachen: :lachen:
:lol: :lachen: :lol: :lachen: I don't have nothing else to say about that^^^^^:lachen:

BTW: How is the nioxin treating you

I actually love nioxin and I am getting good results with them but I'm just greedy and that's why I threw viviscal in the mix:)

angie10

gymfreak336 said:
Well if you like the taste then keep it. Vitamin C dramatically helps MSM absorbtion. If you take flaxseed oil on a regular basis, then you don't need the fish oil even when you don't eat fish. On the days you don't eat fish try eating a small handful of walnut or almonds if you like them.

Thank you ladies, I know for sure I'm cutting back now. I'm happy that ya'll helped me decide:grin: