To buy or not buy:Andre Walker Keratin Shampoo & Conditioner

Blairx0

Groupon is having a deal this week for Andre Walker's Shampoo& Conditioner ( 10 oz each) for 20 bucks. While I had told myself I don't need it I am willing to be persuaded. My hair is natural ( type 4),a little past SL stretched and I PS most of the time, but I am hopeful to try some "out" styles for summer.

Have you tried this product? If so what was your experience? Any input will be helpful. Thanks so much!

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-andre-walker-keratin-shampoo-conditioner?c=all&dl=d47388&p=15

faithVA

I think for the money you could probably find something that you love.

I have 4b hair that is very picky, major shrinkage and does not like a lot of protein. My mom purchased this product. I used it once and I thought it worked well. My hair felt strong and smooth and I did not have the severe shrinkage that I usually have. It also felt good after shampooing as well as conditioning. Most shampoos cause my hair to shrink and to tangle. This one did not.

But like I said for the price, I can't say that it is worth it. I would honestly have to use it more than once to know the long term results. But I thought it worked better than most products I have used.

Love Always

I personally wouldn't buy it. If I was to buy anything with Keratin I would buy the new Giovanni products.

Blairx0

Groupon writes the worst descriptions, but I think I will talk the overall tone of the advice given and pass.

Thanks ladies

Last edited:

suns4i6e

In the event anyone still wants to take advantage of this Groupon deal, here are the ingredients of each. I'm a stickler for ingredients and am not terribly moved (one way or the other) by the below:

Keratin Shampoo
Size: 300 ml or 10.14 ounces
Fine ingredients include: Aloe Barbadensis Leaf, Purified Water, Ammonium lauryl Sulfate, Glyceryl 7-Cocoate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Acrylates/Palmeth 25 Acrylate Copolymer, Xylitylglucoside, Anhydroxlitol, Xylitol,PEG-150Distearate, Polyquaternium 7, Fragrance, CamelliaOleifera (Green Tea)Leaf Extract, Methyldibromo Glutaronitrie, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Phenoxyethanol, Keratin, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Citric Acid.

Keratin Conditioner
Size: 300 ml or 10.14 ounces
Fine ingredients include: Aloe Barbadensis Leaf, Purified Water, Polyquaternium-11, Cetrimonium Bromide, Stearyl Alcohol, Xylityglucoside, Anhydroxylitol, Xylitol (Aquxyl), Stearalkonium Chioride, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Keratin, Hydrolyzed Keartin (KeratecIFP-HMW), Polyquatemium 7, Fragrance, Cetrimonium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Camellia Oleifer (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Methyldibromo Glutaronitrile, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Phenoxyethanol

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
The conditioner ingredients look great and I don't see any cones! The shampoo has ALS though, I'd skip that.