Took A Huge Risk And Went Almost Full Blonde..(pics)

melahnee

I got my hair done yesterday from black to chocolate brown. Then, I went back today because I wanted lighter. I had been thinking about it a lot, but it was also kind of impulsive. I don't regret it. Hair grows back and it really doesn't feel damaged, did not fall out at all, and I got quite a deep trim. My goal by now was to be at least waist length but I'm addicted to trimming. What do you ladies think?

I just desperately needed a change....

Attachments

• 11392979_1034196943264769_2681040640906362629_n.jpg
    11392979_1034196943264769_2681040640906362629_n.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 519
  • 12916902_1240029866014808_5212031133500721908_o.jpg
    12916902_1240029866014808_5212031133500721908_o.jpg
    363.1 KB · Views: 540

melahnee

Gorgeous color! I love the highlights..very nice :yep:
:love3::love3::love3::love3:...... Now let me get out of this thread before I feel the need to take down this protective style and go blonde again lol

thank you both!! I'm glad I went ahead and did it...was so bored with my hair and I don't want to cut too much. I want very long hair, but I"m happy anywhere around BSL and longer. I love my new highlights! There is sooo much blonde in it--I was surprised combing through and having no breakage at all because I've been depressed and haven't payed much attention to my fine hair lately. Haven't deep conditioned, protein treated or anything lol. Been straightening a lot, too. I do use a lot of oil on my hair so I think that has been a good protectant.

melahnee

I like it girl!... I need to get out of this thread too because now that I've big chopped, I'm thinking blonde would look better too.. Kinda like Amber Rose.. Lord child let me go... Looks good though!
lol!! Thank you :love4: I had been wanting to go blonde for sooo long but i was scared. Eventually I was just like *** it. Lol. I'm always trimming because my hair is so fine and it's looked the same for so long. mid 20's crisis, lol. I'm surprised with how I pull it off.

melahnee

I have a question for all hair gurus:
would my hair already have begun to fall out and break? or is it possible for it to be okay for a week and then start breaking off? I literally have no breakage at all and I'm surprised.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
I have a question for all hair gurus:
would my hair already have begun to fall out and break? or is it possible for it to be okay for a week and then start breaking off? I literally have no breakage at all and I'm surprised.
Its beautiful!

Whenever I went blond, it would be fine for a cpl months and slowly start to dry and break off. Last time, after a year all the blond had broke off. That was decades before lhcf. Id do much better now. just keep up with protein and dc and dusting. You'll be alright.

melahnee

Your color is gorgeous!!

@melahnee, I have heard that bleach damage can take up to a month to show, but I've never colored my hair so I can't vouch for it. This was mentioned on another board by a member who has extensive experience with dying her hair.
Its beautiful!

Whenever I went blond, it would be fine for a cpl months and slowly start to dry and break off. Last time, after a year all the blond had broke off. That was decades before lhcf. Id do much better now. just keep up with protein and dc and dusting. You'll be alright.
Thank you both so much!! They used Olaplex both times. Are you ladies familiar with it? She also completed it with a gloss which is supposed to strengthen as well, I think. I've gotten lazy with my hair minus the dusting that I do way too often.

Autumn~Tint~Of~Gold

Rocking the Casbah
I like it!! It's very pretty. I like the highlights. How does it play with your skin tone?

My hair came out a similar but deeper shade when I dyed it in 2013 and i was back to black about 1 mth later :lol:. I was going for chocolate brown as well. i felt the auburny color it came out was sort of clashing with my skin and the hade just wasn't me
trimming addict here as well! and now I am trying to purge the old colored hair. I can't tell which hair was colored but I think some of it is still on my ends.

here were my results, Post #10
https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/calling-color-experts-amateurs-anyone-question.678711/
here's my back to black thread nary a month later :look:
https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/i-want-to-go-back-to-black-lol.682757/

Last edited:

L.Brown1114

Love the blonde!! I went blonde and took care of it very well. My curl didn't even budge. But then I used rhoussal clay on if and it made my ends feel like they had a relaxer and the curl pattern loosened just a tiny bit. Then I got it straightened and my hair got HARDCORE heat damage. I wouldn't recommend straightening which is why I don't color anymore

melahnee

Love the blonde!! I went blonde and took care of it very well. My curl didn't even budge. But then I used rhoussal clay on if and it made my ends feel like they had a relaxer and the curl pattern loosened just a tiny bit. Then I got it straightened and my hair got HARDCORE heat damage. I wouldn't recommend straightening which is why I don't color anymore

Thank you so much! I straighten on very very low heat and I always use heat protectant because my hair is so fine that it tangles sooo much when I leave it natural.What is rhoussal clay? I'm hoping I don't experience too much damage. I dust like crazy.

Autumn~Tint~Of~Gold

Rocking the Casbah
It seems to be very flattering to your face...pretty! Now you'll have to up your deep conditioning to keep it healthy.
My hair takes color well too. Fine and or porous hair will grab color faster than coarser or less porous hair.
Mine seems porous because it dries quickly.

Thanks. Mine was too reddish for my skintone. Just didn't work. I really want a rich chocolate brown with no red in it. But dark hair tends to go red when lightened. Maybe one day I'll go to a salon for chocolate brown.

melahnee

I like it!! It's very pretty. I like the highlights. How does it play with your skin tone?

My hair came out a similar but deeper shade when I dyed it in 2013 and i was back to black about 1 mth later :lol:. I was going for chocolate brown as well. i felt the auburny color it came out was sort of clashing with my skin and the hade just wasn't me
trimming addict here as well! and now I am trying to purge the old colored hair. I can't tell which hair was colored but I think some of it is still on my ends.

here were my results, Post #10
https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/calling-color-experts-amateurs-anyone-question.678711/
here's my back to black thread nary a month later :look:
https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/i-want-to-go-back-to-black-lol.682757/

I hope I don't decide to go back to black too quick, lol. That would suck. I really like this on me though and everyone has been telling me it matches very well. I think it is pretty hard to get the correct shade, luckily I went to a lady that had hair pretty similar mine and understood my hair!

Autumn~Tint~Of~Gold

Rocking the Casbah
I hope I don't decide to go back to black too quick, lol. That would suck. I really like this on me though and everyone has been telling me it matches very well. I think it is pretty hard to get the correct shade, luckily I went to a lady that had hair pretty similar mine and understood my hair!
Haha, if you love it you won't. It really fits you imo, kind of looks more natural than your dark hair.

melahnee

It seems to be very flattering to your face...pretty! Now you'll have to up your deep conditioning to keep it healthy.
My hair takes color well too. Fine and or porous hair will grab color faster than coarser or less porous hair.
Mine seems porous because it dries quickly.

Thanks. Mine was too reddish for my skintone. Just didn't work. I really want a rich chocolate brown with no red in it. But dark hair tends to go red when lightened. Maybe one day I'll go to a salon for chocolate brown.

thank you!!! Yeah, I have to up on my deep conditioning. I don't straighten very often, but I always use very low heat. I wonder why yours came out reddish, mine was very blonde at first. It might have been reddish and I wasn't paying attention, idk lol. I'm not sure if my hair is high or low porosity. I'm not very good with color, so I didn't even consider doing it on my own, lol. I definitely think you could get the rich chocolate brown look and I think it would fit you very nicely!

melahnee

Haha, if you love it you won't. It really fits you imo, kind of looks more natural than your dark hair.

that's what I've been getting told! It came out very natural looking and I'm happy with it. Very dark hair makes me look kind of pale, but I still love dark hair on me too, lol.

L.Brown1114

Thank you so much! I straighten on very very low heat and I always use heat protectant because my hair is so fine that it tangles sooo much when I leave it natural.What is rhoussal clay? I'm hoping I don't experience too much damage. I dust like crazy.

It's a clay that naturally clarifies your hair. Maybe my mistake was clarifying bleached hair lol. But yeah that's good! Oh and protein was my BEST friend

LiftedUp

I love it OP.

I don't think you're experiencing the type of damage you expected because your hair is natural. You did only one chemical process. Now for relaxed hair for example, it would've been two chemical process - relaxer + colour, and therefore your hair may have fared differently.

My hairdresser, for example, refuses to do permanent colour on relaxed hair. Well at least on mine :look:

Autumn~Tint~Of~Gold

Rocking the Casbah
I love it OP.

I don't think you're experiencing the type of damage you expected because your hair is natural. You did only one chemical process. Now for relaxed hair for example, it would've been two chemical process - relaxer + colour, and therefore your hair may have fared differently.

My hairdresser, for example, refuses to do permanent colour on relaxed hair. Well at least on mine :look:
Mine was relaxed when I colored in 2013. It was also very heat damaged lol.
I'm still trying to purge that old hair off. I'm pretty sure I still have some left at the ends. My hair fared pretty well considering I think.
But I know not to try that again :lol:

sgold04

I love it! I've been tempted for a while, my hair looks good to everyone else but I'm kinda over it. I'm prone to dryness though so I'm afraid it will break off if I go blonde.

Colocha

acne cream and afro dreams
Thank you both so much!! They used Olaplex both times. Are you ladies familiar with it? She also completed it with a gloss which is supposed to strengthen as well, I think. I've gotten lazy with my hair minus the dusting that I do way too often.
You're welcome!

Yes, I am. I've heard really good things about it for people with color. I think if you use step 3 (if your stylist recommended it) and continue deep conditioning regularly, etc., you'll be quite alright. :)

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags
I think it matches me pretty well. I don't feel like it's clashing with my skin at all.

Very nice. I think it suits you, too! I'm apprehensive about lightening a little, let alone going full blonde. If I do color I would condition the heck out of my hair.

melahnee

I love it OP.

Thank you ALL for the comments you've left me.

I see what you're saying, LiftedUp. she did tell me my hair looked like it had been dyed before because some parts had originally come out lighter than others, but I've never had dye in my hair, only rinses and glosses. She said I probably had someone put some dye in it without me noticing:look:who knows. Ugh, I don't trust stylists.

melahnee

Are you gonna do anything different with your hair reggie?
Thank you!!!!! I think I will just use even more oil than I'm used to and deep condition more. I had been lazy with the deep conditioning anyway. I'm not sure what really to do because I don't do much. I sleep with a bun. Oil every day, especially the ends. I'm still going to straighten on low heat because I suffer from too much breakage when it's natural. Gets way too tangled. Probably find a good protein treatment. Get regular glosses because I love those.

Autumn~Tint~Of~Gold

Rocking the Casbah
Here are some better lighted pics. excuse the faces. Lol. and also, this gray shirt is my chill at home shirt. I haven't been wearing the same shirt for 3 days straight for all that pay attention to detail lol.
Gorgeous! I love it.
It really did come out similar in color to how mine was. But red totally suits you but doesn't work for me :cry3: