Took A Huge Risk And Went Almost Full Blonde..(pics)

Guinan

Re-Branding
Thank you!!!!! I think I will just use even more oil than I'm used to and deep condition more. I had been lazy with the deep conditioning anyway. I'm not sure what really to do because I don't do much. I sleep with a bun. Oil every day, especially the ends. I'm still going to straighten on low heat because I suffer from too much breakage when it's natural. Gets way too tangled. Probably find a good protein treatment. Get regular glosses because I love those.

Yea, a good protein is a MUST with bleached hair. I use Millscreek Botanical Jojoba conditioner.

melahnee

Gorgeous! I love it.
It really did come out similar in color to how mine was. But red totally suits you but doesn't work for me :cry3:

I can see the reddish now that you point it out, but it's much more like a light brown/blonde with the highlights in person. But definitely red undertones I think is what they're called? Lol, I'm not that good with terms either lmao. i wish you could all see it in person lol, the pics don't do it justice and I'm so lucky I got these results.

melahnee

My dad is the only one so far who does not like it. I went to their house yesterday and he said natural is always better but do what makes you happy. Lol, whatever dad

melahnee

Yea, a good protein is a MUST with bleached hair. I use Millscreek Botanical Jojoba conditioner.

I currently use the super sexy sulfate free hair. She kept pushing this one on me that I cannot remember for the life of me. It said botanicals on it and started with an M. I said no thank you for now, because I wanted to ask my online friends first, lol. you guys know better than them honestly so whatever :look:

melahnee

Matrix also sells a shampoo called So silver. I would recommend getting it to keep the blonde looking fresh.

Sallys also sells their version of it. I'd have to look it up, cant remember off the top of my head.

thank you!! that's exactly what I'm looking for--something to keep the blonde the exact color it is. Have you used it or do you know someone who did?

leona2025

I'm an expert on bleached hair falling out lol. I self bleached years ago. I hadn't waited long enough after relaxing and my entire bang area melted off and slid right down the drain. Lol. It didn't help that I bleached back to back to get it lighter.

Anyway I have bleached again since then with far better results. For me the key was staying on top of conditioning. My color treated hair required babying. I used to use color me sexy moisturizing mask, but I think they discontinued it.

melahnee

I'm an expert on bleached hair falling out lol. I self bleached years ago. I hadn't waited long enough after relaxing and my entire bang area melted off and slid right down the drain. Lol. It didn't help that I bleached back to back to get it lighter.

Anyway I have bleached again since then with far better results. For me the key was staying on top of conditioning. My color treated hair required babying. I used to use color me sexy moisturizing mask, but I think they discontinued it.

Girl that's a horror story lmao. I bleached when I was a teenager but he didn't know wth he was doing and neither did I so my hair pretty much melted off too. I feel you.
I think oils are the key for my hair. I swear my hair can't get enough of some good ol olive oil. I am on the search for a good deep conditioner though.

leona2025

LOL the kicker is my hair was pretty healthy before I joined Lhcf. Then I saw all these pretty heads and bandwagonsg and I had to try them all. Lol.

Daina

I think it's beautiful! I've been blonde a few times going from black to blonde. My hair is hard to lift so a few times I used straight bleach...ugh don't miss my dumb days at all! Be careful as my breakage never started right away. It was always gradual and then would lead to full blown shedding and breakage.

I didn't know anything about deep conditioning or protein treatments back then so you are ahead of the game and know what to do. Deep condition for dear life, even if it doesn't feel dry do it anyway. Prayerfully your breakage will be minimal. Also I would SIGNIFICANTLY reduce my heat usage. Heat will cause it to break faster and easier even on low heat. Good luck beautiful!

s2fast4ya

s2fast4ya
thank you!! that's exactly what I'm looking for--something to keep the blonde the exact color it is. Have you used it or do you know someone who did?
Yup I've used it. And I recommend it. Eventually u may need to tone it but using the shampoo will help you keep it looking fresh for a while. Do u have hard water? That can also take a toll on the blonde, and make it look brassy more quickly.

melahnee

Yup I've used it. And I recommend it. Eventually u may need to tone it but using the shampoo will help you keep it looking fresh for a while. Do u have hard water? That can also take a toll on the blonde, and make it look brassy more quickly.

I'm not sure. I live in vegas, so I think so? I ordered the So Silver! Thank you so much for the recommendation. I also ordered a Conditioning Mask by Matrix, and I still have some Aphogee Step 2 or whatever. I think I've got it covered!

Janet'

Thank you so much!!!!! I feel so different. My boyfriend says he prefers the black :( ugh! I asked him if he liked it and he said yes but black is better. men don't understand that things like that are not what we wanna hear. well at least not me :look:

That IS funny!!! Meanwhile, my friend prefers blonde to my dark hair... Give him time, he may come around! I think when you wear it confidently, he will realize he prefers blonde :yep: :yep: :yep:

fuchsiastar

Very nice and pretty color. So beautiful!!

I think everyone has answered your question about the treatments and you seem like you will have a great new color treated regimen. When I bleached my hair I was 100% natural and it took about a month to show signs of damage. I was able to banish the damage with some great protein treatments and making sure to add moisture when ever I could.

Autumn~Tint~Of~Gold

Rocking the Casbah
thank you :love2: I originally wanted to stay chocolate brown and then I just decided I wanted to be dramatic and I'm glad! I love chocolate brown, it's so different, but still natural and classy looking :yay:

@melahnee wait your hair was chocolate brown before? was that your natural color or was it lifted?
if so how did u achieve chocolate brown? my hair without fail goes red when lightened. it even fades to a reddish color from damage. all i want is chocolate brown :lol: