Tymo Tools

Lylddlebit

Hello Ladies,

This thread is for thought opinions and experiences with Tymo products.

I bought the Tymo Ring Plus a few months ago and tried it out. It was nice enough but I haven't done my full head with it, yet(I only tested a piece). Today, I ordered the Tymo Ionic Plus which is the brush version. A a general rule, I do not care for electric pressing combs, but I like the concept of these electric straighteners better than electric pressing combs. I think these will be a good options for pressing my little girl's hair once I start doing that in the future(as early as Christmas but definitely within the next 2 years...undecided). I am testing on myself first. From what I can tell, they work pretty well and I always find a 20-30% off coupon(or more) somewhere when I order. I have a better review in upcoming months once I do my whole head with these.

Tymo Ring Plus
To options of very thick and long hair

Tymo Ionic Brush

Disclaimer: I am not sure when I am going to press my hair again, but I plan on using one of these fully the next time I do. I am washing my press out this weekend and going back to natural for a while since I have been pressed since the first week of April in two back to back presses.

Last edited:

oneastrocurlie

I have the Ring (meant to buy the Ring Plus) and the Air Hype blow dryer.

I like them both. The ring works great for me as someone who's always had a diy flat ironing handicap. The one con is that you can't do any curl at the end so your hair is just straight.

I've never had a dyson but the air hype seems like a good dyson dupe. I like the different heat and fan settings. I mainly use it to diffuse. Love it for that. The comb attachment teeth could be longer though. I've only done a blow out with it once. Need to try again for a fair review for blow drying. Last time wasn't great due to user error with that I did prior to using the blow dyer, my technique needs work. I'm coming from using the Revlon Brush and the last time I used it I just felt like I lost too much hair so that prompted me to get the Air Hype.

I was able to get both 40% off using a YouTuber's code and buying during a holiday sale.

Lylddlebit

Thank you for this! All of there tools seems great. I just didn't get the items that I already have similar things to or the curlers but it seems to be a brand that people who have. love. Their dryer does seem like a Dyson dupe. I did compare the motors. It seems like the Tymo motor is a little less powerful than the Dyson motor but it used similar engineering in creating the airspeed.

Last edited:

Lylddlebit

I tried my Tymo Ring Plus today. I like it even though the section of hair I tried it on frizzed. I think I just need to break it in more and try some different heat protectants. I still plan to use the ionic brush in the future and purchase both the original Tymo ring (with the ceramic plates) and the Tymo Porta (portal version).

Last edited: