Hana Elite Flat Iron or FHI Runway...an analysis

toyagurl

WOW, you had great results! and i love your cut; your ends look amazingly healthy.

... and yep, i'm sold! i'm transitioning as well, and looks like the Hana Elite will be my straightening iron of choice :yep:

Thanks...trust me the pics don't even do it justice!

nitavcc

From reading the several posts in this thread I am a little confused.. Is H2Pro part of the Hana elite line or are they completely separate?

Hana elite is really looking good.​

Khaiya

I just have to say, for anyone looking for a great flat iron: HANA! HANA!! HANA!!! Its AWESOME!!! OMG i cant stop looking at it and touching the plates! (i need help i know) but its just great! Also what i love about it is that even though its not 100% ceramic plates, its not ceramic coated plates either, the plates are a fusion of ceramic and tourmaline so the plates thru an thru are like 50% ceramic, 50% tourmaline (dont know the amounts, jus estimating as an example) but its GREAT!

I flat ironed and my hair came out like SILK!! I was a little heavy handed with the heat protectant so its not so flowy so thats why i haven't posted pics, waiting until i flat iron it again but i cannot sing enough praises to this thing! I would encourage everybody to get one! I LOOOOOVE it!! I got right down to my scalp, tapped my roots twice and did 1 pass at 302 degrees, and my 2 inches of NG just disappeared, i felt like i'd just gotten a relaxer! Awesome!! Ok i'll stop rambling now, but get one!!!

P.S. I'm talking about the Pro not the Elite.

kriolagirl

I just got the pink Hana last week...misikko.com sent it to me to do a review. so far i've only used it on some human hair wigs and pieces i have to test it out. i'm going to be doing the BKT this weekend(waiting for my order w/ bated breath!) and will use the Hana to do it. so will def post results. i absolutely love the Runway on my hair but I agree w/ other posters that they've been having alot of problems. A friend bought one a year ago and has used it less than 10 times and it has shorted out...so that's def a red flag.

prtybrwnis

I am late on all of the flat iron greatness! I missed the Fhi Runway and the H2Pro 204 and 206. I have found them on websites but from everyone's posts they were discontinued long ago, so not sure how legit the purchase will be. However, what is the current situation with the Hana Elite?

Melody.Monroe

I have had the Hana Elite 1.5" for almost a year now...LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE...LOOOOVVVEEE it! My profile picture I used it. Sorry I don't have any albums yet. But it is the BEST FLAT IRON EVER! I ordered from Misikko too and they give you an ABUNDANCE of free stuff! I love my T-Rex Clips! Um...and the Hana Serum is off the HEEZY! LOL! Love y'all here at LHCF!

I have 2 Sedu 1 inch irons and both are broken. I found that while I love how snag free they are, they weren't quite straightening easily enough anyway so I'm ready to try something new....
I just ordered the Hana Elite. If I don't like it I will go back to the Sedus, I'm hoping my father in law can repair at least the one with the ripped cord. I've tried many irons and they all snag and rip my hair so if the Hana does too, I don't have many options...

Last edited:
This is what I've tried so far over the years....

Hot Tools -before I knew anything about flat irons- straightened pretty well but metal or copper plates are no good for hair...
Conair- also before I knew about irons. Just no.
Babyliss- this is Conair under another name lol as is Jilere De Paris and Wigo... not awful and not great...
Wigo- if I recall it was a snagger so I had to quit it...
Solano- I bought a scissor style Solano Sapphire iron... definitely a decent iron. Idk about scissor style irons though.
Solia- snagger, sent it back right away.. I will NOT tolerate snagging.
CHI- I got the CHI turbo. It's a bit snaggy and just not great but I'd say it's good as irons go.
Pro Select- I got duped into buying this at at the mall from Israelis. They told me it was made in Europe lol and I fell for it and had to go back and get it because it seemed to straighten well but when I got it home SNAG CITY!!
Sedu- YES, PERFECTION AT LAST. The wonderfulness seemed to deteriorate over time, I suspect because it wouldn't heat so well. Overall it the THEE best I have ever tried. No snagging at all! The plates are like glass and it's made so that it does not snag my hair at all.
Sedu Revolution- FAIL. If I remember it was a snagger. Shame on Sedu! Sent it back.
Just tried these this week since my Sedu's are broken and I don't like my CHI.
Rusk Str8 CTC iron: Just not smooth enough for me . I don't like Titanium...
Cortex- claims to have 100% ceramic plates. Was a bit snaggy but overall a decent iron. I think coarse hair would love this one. It also came in a set with a tiny baby iron and a clip, the baby was so cute lol. I returned it all though.
And
Hana Elite- Coming soon :D.

Last edited:

mEmYSELFaNDj

SerenavanderWoodsen do you have a review of your Hana yet? I'm In the market or getting a new flat iron because my CHI's keep breaking on me (it's my fault tho, I always burn the cord) and I dont like my Maxiglide anymore. So I'm thinking about either getting the Sedu or a Hana? Can you make a suggestion, since you have had both?

glittergrl01

I used to use the maxiglide too but it damaged my hair! I made the switch to the HANA Elite a little while ago and it's changed my life. I can flat iron my hair quickly and effectively and my hair looks beautiful!

akgirl

I know it's been a long time since I started this thread, but just wanted to check in. Basically my GHD flat iron is still my favorite. The hana is still good, but after using it for a while it seemed like my GHDs were easier to use and no snagging and easier to curl my ends slightly under. Plus they seem less damaging for some reason. So I have a bunch of different flat irons that sit in a box practically unused and my GHD flat iron is on the counter in my bathroom :) For some reason this brand isn't as popular on this board, but I absolutely love this flat iron.

EmeRaldPrinXess

I know it's been a long time since I started this thread, but just wanted to check in. Basically my GHD flat iron is still my favorite. The hana is still good, but after using it for a while it seemed like my GHDs were easier to use and no snagging and easier to curl my ends slightly under. Plus they seem less damaging for some reason. So I have a bunch of different flat irons that sit in a box practically unused and my GHD flat iron is on the counter in my bathroom :) For some reason this brand isn't as popular on this board, but I absolutely love this flat iron.

akgirl

Which specific GHD flat iron are you using?