Hana Elite Flat Iron or FHI Runway...an analysis

KrystalClear

Wow, it looks great! What temp did you use? Thanks for posting your results!

thank you, I KNOW my hair was looking a hot mess today when I did it lol.
But that is proof that the iron works wonders.

But I did it from 302-375 (that's it!)
I could have prob down it lower, but it's a habit to start it higher because of the past with flat irons that were joke when at a lower heat.

I'm gunna experiment to see what temp works best! :drunk:

Kimiche

Decisions, Decisions! I have the FHI Runway and I've used it a few times. I know that technique plays a huge part of the flat ironing experience, but I don't know. I still feel like I could get better results.

KrystalClear

Decisions, Decisions! I have the FHI Runway and I've used it a few times. I know that technique plays a huge part of the flat ironing experience, but I don't know. I still feel like I could get better results.

Do you have pics of you using the fhi, like the results of it? I remember almost purchasing it.

Globeleza

Kimiche,

Are you natural or relaxed? How many passes does it take for you to get your hair straight with the fhi?

winnettag

Oh no :nono:
For the price of the runway I want my hair to have better results than a bone straight relaxer :look:
This Hana Elite is looking better and better.

Kimiche

Kimiche,

Are you natural or relaxed? How many passes does it take for you to get your hair straight with the fhi?

I am relaxed and about 9-10 weeks post. It takes about 1 or 2 passes, depends on the sections of my hair.

Do you have pics of you using the fhi, like the results of it? I remember almost purchasing it.

I didn't take any pics. :nono:

Last edited:

Kimiche

Oh no :nono:
For the price of the runway I want my hair to have better results than a bone straight relaxer :look:
This Hana Elite is looking better and better.

I feel you. Unique and I spoke and I told her that the FHI cut off on me one day while I was using it. I plugged it out and plugged it back in and it came on again. I don't want to go through that again. :shocked:

DivaD04

amazon is selling hana elite for $260.

eta:i think my pjism can hold until next year (bday)

Last edited:

nikki2229

I feel you. Unique and I spoke and I told her that the FHI cut off on me one day while I was using it. I plugged it out and plugged it back in and it came on again. I don't want to go through that again. :shocked:

How long have you owned your Runway.
I think I would be sick if my flat iron stopped working right now.

akgirl

Ok ladies, I have my results. I didn't use it on my freshly washed hair though. I flat ironed about 5 days ago with my sedu. http://public.fotki.com/akgirl/hana-elite-results/

Now to the flat iron review...for one, I now completely understand why 100% ceramic irons are challenging. I am a wee bit of a klutzy gal. And this baby, I know if I drop it, it's dunso. So I get why manufacturers don't make purely 100% ceramic irons because they would have a LOT of returns. The metal base plate helps keep it a lot stronger. So I officially forgive them for misleading us, it was for our own good :D You can even hear a difference when you clamp the plates together (without your hair in them). Basically if you get a 100% ceramic iron, BE CAREFUL.

The results you can see in my album for yourself (you might need to be logged in to fotki to see them?). My hair does feel nice and silky...but it normally does...but a little bit moreso. You can actually see a bit of a diff in the pics. I like the iron for sure. It is about to become my primary iron because the ceramic is supposed to be healthier for your hair and do a good job of sealing in moisture...which I believe because my hair doesn't feel the least bit dry today. What I'm trying to say is the difference isn't ridiculously crazy, it's subtle, but I notice it and think it did a good job for sure. The true test will be after I wash it and do it from scratch and my hair isn't weighed down with shea butter (a girl is heavy-handed when she moisturizes her hair at night) :) And yes ladies, I do use shea butter to flat iron lately. I don't get sizzling or burning smells and it really feels like it's protecting my hair. Plus I've seen a few heat protectants that contain it. I'm not recommending it for all, but I personally like it for winter flat-ironing.

So anyway final verdict is that it did a great job. Check out my texture/before shots and you'll see how wild and unruly my hair naturally is :) I already can get my hair pretty straight with my current flat irons...which is why I'm probably not blown away. I love my GHD, but I want to be able to control the temperature and seal my hair cuticle (you can actually tell from the before/after pics that it did) which this iron provides. But judge for yourself from the pics as to what you think :) Happy Halloween! I'm going to get dolled/costumed up, but if you have more questions let me know!

outspokenwallflower

Thanks for the review AK! My questions, lol:

1) How do you like it compared to your Croc? I know you have to try the hana on fresh washed hair, but do you feel like the results can be similar?
2) did you do only one pass per section?
3) Do you feel that considering the results, it's worth splurging on if you may already have a good flat iron that gives great results?

I understand if you have to wait to put the Hana to the true test before answering these questions, lol :)

akgirl

Thanks for the review AK! My questions, lol:

1) How do you like it compared to your Croc? I know you have to try the hana on fresh washed hair, but do you feel like the results can be similar?
2) did you do only one pass per section?
3) Do you feel that considering the results, it's worth splurging on if you may already have a good flat iron that gives great results?

I understand if you have to wait to put the Hana to the true test before answering these questions, lol :)

Hi :)

1) I think they were comparable honestly. However, since the croc uses titanium, ceramic, and tourmaline...it's not pure ceramic. And I hear titanium does a great job of straightening your hair, but not the healthiest for it over time. That's just what I've heard though.
2) I did one pass, but like I said, the test is when my hair is clean and not previously ironed.
3)If you already have an iron that gives great results, I don't know that I would buy it. If the great iron I already had breaks, then I definitely would...but if you're clumsy...maybe you want the Croc. I was in need of something that would seal my cuticle the best to help combat against the dryness of the climate where I live.

KrystalClear

Ok ladies, I have my results. I didn't use it on my freshly washed hair though. I flat ironed about 5 days ago with my sedu. http://public.fotki.com/akgirl/hana-elite-results/

Now to the flat iron review...for one, I now completely understand why 100% ceramic irons are challenging. I am a wee bit of a klutzy gal. And this baby, I know if I drop it, it's dunso. So I get why manufacturers don't make purely 100% ceramic irons because they would have a LOT of returns. The metal base plate helps keep it a lot stronger. So I officially forgive them for misleading us, it was for our own good :D You can even hear a difference when you clamp the plates together (without your hair in them). Basically if you get a 100% ceramic iron, BE CAREFUL.

The results you can see in my album for yourself (you might need to be logged in to fotki to see them?). My hair does feel nice and silky...but it normally does...but a little bit moreso. You can actually see a bit of a diff in the pics. I like the iron for sure. It is about to become my primary iron because the ceramic is supposed to be healthier for your hair and do a good job of sealing in moisture...which I believe because my hair doesn't feel the least bit dry today. What I'm trying to say is the difference isn't ridiculously crazy, it's subtle, but I notice it and think it did a good job for sure. The true test will be after I wash it and do it from scratch and my hair isn't weighed down with shea butter (a girl is heavy-handed when she moisturizes her hair at night) :) And yes ladies, I do use shea butter to flat iron lately. I don't get sizzling or burning smells and it really feels like it's protecting my hair. Plus I've seen a few heat protectants that contain it. I'm not recommending it for all, but I personally like it for winter flat-ironing.

So anyway final verdict is that it did a great job. Check out my texture/before shots and you'll see how wild and unruly my hair naturally is :) I already can get my hair pretty straight with my current flat irons...which is why I'm probably not blown away. I love my GHD, but I want to be able to control the temperature and seal my hair cuticle (you can actually tell from the before/after pics that it did) which this iron provides. But judge for yourself from the pics as to what you think :) Happy Halloween! I'm going to get dolled/costumed up, but if you have more questions let me know!

Your hair looks great!!!
Don't you just love that hana?!?!?
Did you see my results?!
It's AMAZING!!

runwaydream

ok, another question, how long do these results last for?
i've heard w. the runway the results can last for a week even on natural hair. and even when its humid outside it won't revert back.

how does that compare to the hana?

akgirl

ok, another question, how long do these results last for?
i've heard w. the runway the results can last for a week even on natural hair. and even when its humid outside it won't revert back.

how does that compare to the hana?

I don't have reversion issues when I use sabino with my ghd. Not sure about the hana yet, it is the far opposite of humidity here...but I will check back in a week and let you know if it held up. I don't see why it wouldn't though, my regular flat iron job lasts two weeks.

toyagurl

Got my Hanna Elite in the mail and it is AMAZING. I mean my hair feels like silk! I will post pics tomorrow after I wash my hair.

growinglong777

Oh I received my Hana Elite yesterday, and I will use it tonight. Hopefully I can post a pic this weekend too, I am so excited.

Muse

Here are my pics from using the Hana Elite:

My hair is very resistant.
I posted a post about the details of me using the iron.
I HIGHLY recommend it!

OMG! After seeing you ladies' wonderful results I am getting an Elite! I was gonna get the one under the Elite but I want this one now. I think this iron will be perfect for my natural 4b hair. Thanks for posting results ladies.

toyagurl

Ok...So here is my review of the Hana Elite. I actually got the iron on Tuesday and of course I did my hair immediately but I was to lazy to take and upload pics. I could tell a difference in the way that my hair felt in comparison to the many other irons that I have used. (Chi, Hai, FHI, Sedu) My hair felt moisturized. I am about 8 weeks post.

This morning when I woke up I washed with Aphogee Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner. I decided that I was going to also do a black rinse. The rinse did not turn out great for me but I really like this iron. It blows every iron out of the water. I am transitioning so this was an investment that had to made. I am a bit of a product snob so spending $230.00 on an iron isn't that big of a deal for me but I get how the price could turn off others. Got it from Misikko and the customer service was great. Let me know if you have any questions.

This picture was taken on September 20. I flat ironed with the Sedu and had just relaxed.

This was today.

Last edited:

toyagurl

Ok...So here is my review of the Hana Elite. I actually got the iron on Tuesday and of course I did my hair immediately but I was to lazy to take and upload pics. I could tell a difference in the way that my hair felt in comparison to the many other irons that I have used. (Chi, Hai, FHI, Sedu) My hair felt moisturized. I am about 8 weeks post.

This morning when I woke up I washed with Aphogee Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner. I decided that I was going to also do a black rinse. The rinse did not turn out great for me but I really like this iron. It blows every iron out of the water. I am transitioning so this was an investment that had to made. I am a bit of a product snob so spending $230.00 on an iron isn't that big of a deal for me but I get how the price could turn off others. Got it from Misikko and the customer service was great. Let me know if you have any questions.

This picture was taken on September 20. I flat ironed with the Sedu and had just relaxed.

This was today.

poookie

WOW, you had great results! and i love your cut; your ends look amazingly healthy.

... and yep, i'm sold! i'm transitioning as well, and looks like the Hana Elite will be my straightening iron of choice :yep:

morehairplease

WOW, you had great results! and i love your cut; your ends look amazingly healthy.

... and yep, i'm sold! i'm transitioning as well, and looks like the Hana Elite will be my straightening iron of choice :yep:

really!?!? that's awesome! congrats sweetie!