UPDATE: My Snake Oil Investigation

CocoGlow

I would actaully purchase some PURE - Chinese Water Snake Oil due to this fact stated on Wikipedia:

"The Chinese water snake (Enhydris chinensis) is the richest known source of EPA, the starting material the body uses to make the series 3 prostaglandins. These prostaglandins are the biochemical messengers which control some aspects of inflammation, rather like aspirin which also affects the prostaglandin system. Like essential fatty acids, EPA can be absorbed through the skin. Salmon oil, the next best source, contains 18% EPA. Rattlesnake oil contains 8.5% EPA."

I've read about how good EFA's are for the hair and overall health so I would happily purchase this oil in it's pure form...problem is, I think it would be almost impossible to find being that so many companies are trying to make money off of mineral oil /silicone-laden "snake oil" .. and even if there were a company that did sell it, I'm sure the price would be RIDICULOUS like what was posted earlier

Oh well

Thanks to the one who posted the link to Wiki....

devans005

Found One: http://www.thejamushop.com/acne_snake_cream.htm

Ingredients: Pure snake fats, Aloe vera Extracts
Free Shipping, must use Paypal. $16 http://www.thejamushop.com/secureorder.htm

FYI, this is the information I received after placing my order:

Thank you for your order. Your package will be dispatched today and should take 9-11 days to reach you.

The use of snake oil in TCM has spanned more than several generations. It use is largely confined to skin and bone problems. Its key properties being antiseptic, nourishing and penetrative. It is close to the blue print of human oil and will be absorbed well into the skin. When applied, the skin will not feel oily except a feeling of silkiness.

In many parts of Asia where synthetic drugs are in accessible, oils of certain animals are used to treat common problems. These formulas are often discovered by the forerunners of a human group, passing down from generations to generations due to their effectiveness and safety. Snake oil has been used in Africa, Mongolia and West Java.

In an attempt to offer alternative medication, these formulas are then incorporated into modern cosmetology. Many of these formulas are now produced commercially using modern manufacturing methods.

In parts of China where the climate is often at cold and harsh, skin oil was already in use to protect and moisturise the skin. This formula is a combination of snake oil and other herbs, prepared in adherence to a tried and tested recipe for acne and rosacea. Snake oil is rich in proteins and amino acids which will not only help to normalize the skin but also improve its overall appearance.

All our products are shipped with your satisfaction guaranteed. We want you to be successful in using them, so if you have a problem with your order or questions about the products or how to use them, please contact me.

Last edited:

BrooklynSouth

I think we'd all to best to leave this alone..shakey; faux products were long timed called SNAKE OIL..I do just fine with the aryuvedics...snakes..nah man.

mahoganee

I would actaully purchase some PURE - Chinese Water Snake Oil due to this fact stated on Wikipedia:

"The Chinese water snake (Enhydris chinensis) is the richest known source of EPA, the starting material the body uses to make the series 3 prostaglandins. These prostaglandins are the biochemical messengers which control some aspects of inflammation, rather like aspirin which also affects the prostaglandin system. Like essential fatty acids, EPA can be absorbed through the skin. Salmon oil, the next best source, contains 18% EPA. Rattlesnake oil contains 8.5% EPA."

I've read about how good EFA's are for the hair and overall health so I would happily purchase this oil in it's pure form...problem is, I think it would be almost impossible to find being that so many companies are trying to make money off of mineral oil /silicone-laden "snake oil" .. and even if there were a company that did sell it, I'm sure the price would be RIDICULOUS like what was posted earlier

Oh well

Thanks to the one who posted the link to Wiki....
I think I'll stick to eating the salmon. :lick::grin:

didirose

no one's heard the term "snake oil salesman?" :ohwell: maybe it doesnt exist.

It does exist! I came in here ready to read about a fraud story instead I found out that there really is such a thing as snake oil:drunk:. Just be careful with this one and watch out for the snake oil pitches they'll throw at you online.

Soul♥Flower

Poor snakes.
I don't like the idea of using any type of animal parts on may hair. Eww, might as well use the grisle from your dinner plate. Good luck to those who try it tho.

GinnyP

FYI, this is the information I received after placing my order:

Thank you for your order. Your package will be dispatched today and should take 9-11 days to reach you.

The use of snake oil in TCM has spanned more than several generations. It use is largely confined to skin and bone problems. Its key properties being antiseptic, nourishing and penetrative. It is close to the blue print of human oil and will be absorbed well into the skin. When applied, the skin will not feel oily except a feeling of silkiness.

In many parts of Asia where synthetic drugs are in accessible, oils of certain animals are used to treat common problems. These formulas are often discovered by the forerunners of a human group, passing down from generations to generations due to their effectiveness and safety. Snake oil has been used in Africa, Mongolia and West Java.

In an attempt to offer alternative medication, these formulas are then incorporated into modern cosmetology. Many of these formulas are now produced commercially using modern manufacturing methods.

In parts of China where the climate is often at cold and harsh, skin oil was already in use to protect and moisturise the skin. This formula is a combination of snake oil and other herbs, prepared in adherence to a tried and tested recipe for acne and rosacea. Snake oil is rich in proteins and amino acids which will not only help to normalize the skin but also improve its overall appearance.

All our products are shipped with your satisfaction guaranteed. We want you to be successful in using them, so if you have a problem with your order or questions about the products or how to use them, please contact me.
Please let us know how this stuff works thanks

GinnyP

She told me that she uses it on the scalp. I'm gonna double check with her again. See if that is the one y'all showed me.

Check back at around 9PM eastern time...by then I would have posted a response/update about this.
Hey Nadine have you heard anything from your friend yet?

DivaD04

hey y'all! it's been a while (May) since i've interacted on here. i'd just thought i'd chime in. i was wondering about the snake oil!!!!! has anyone use this dog on oil since we last talked about it? cuz, i was at the mini grocery -al jazira store- (in Bahrain) and as i was rummaging the aisles i seen some snake oil. although it reads beware of imitation -made in bahrain, there's no labled ingredients:perplexed:look:. now my common sense said to keep it movin' but my pjism said you better pick a bottle up. sooooooooo my pjism won that fight! it says to use 3 x's weekly. i'm going to give this oil about 2 weeks of my time. it say's it prevents dandruff and speeds up hair growth. my son pretty much yanked out a braid and i accidentally took that same braid and yanked it out completely. it was a horrible and heart wrenching experience. as soon as a get back home, i'll post a picture of my bald spot. it was bad enough i suffered from postartum alopecia and then here me and my baby...yanking a dogg on braid out. if interested i'll make keep y'all posted with the "snake oil".
btw, wiki says snake oil has some fakes as well so who knows if i have a legit oil or not. only time will tell.

Cherokee-n-Black

I was expecting something different. This thread is funny because "snake oil" is a metaphor for a fraud/sham/scam. Anyone who is talking a good game trying to "sell you a bill of goods" is called a "snake oil salesman"--and now to hear that it didn't work? :lachen: Not laughing at you guys, just the irony. Don't feel bad, I still buy Wild Growth. In my heart, I believe it works :lol: