Vaseline Induced Braidout

In light of the other Vaseline thread I decided to do a braidout with Vaseline.

I washed my hair with all the plaits in it then I smeared QP Mango Butter and lots of Vaseline and let it airdry overnight. Once dry I pt even more Vaseline on the braids before I undid them. No lint in sight and no greasy like feeling either. Just well moisturized, soft to the touch hair. :grin:

DSCN4862.jpg

DSCN4868.jpg

DSCN4869.jpg

DSCN4870.jpg

DSCN4863.jpg

looks pretty and ur hair long and thick...still not sure how you got that mommy wig on

Niccceee!!!!! :yep: One question....how in the sam hill did you get all of your hair in that wig????? :shock:

Sent from my DROIDX using Long Hair Care Forum App

I always thought about washing my hair in braids. I wanna try it. When you unbraid, do you get the same shrinkage as if you washed your hair loose and then braided afterwards? I'm just trying to save time.

And it looks good!

Really nice.
I like Vaseline for both my skin and hair and have been using it for years. Its the only thing I use when rollersetting.

looks pretty and ur hair long and thick...still not sure how you got that mommy wig on

Niccceee!!!!! :yep: One question....how in the sam hill did you get all of your hair in that wig????? :shock:

Sent from my DROIDX using Long Hair Care Forum App
LOL!

It really wasnt hard AT ALL! I just cornrowed it in a bee hive (sorta) and put a wave cap on it.

I always thought about washing my hair in braids. I wanna try it. When you unbraid, do you get the same shrinkage as if you washed your hair loose and then braided afterwards? I'm just trying to save time.

And it looks good!
The amount of shrinkage only depends on how loose or tight you make the plait. If I want more hangage I do them looser. Braiding your hair before hand saves TONS of time. Try it! :yep:

youre hair is so beautiful! will i ever get there? lol.

i thought vaseline was only suppose to go on the ends? had no idea it was good to coat the entire head of hair?

Love the shine and definition! Your hair looks lush and supple, the Vaseline (or any for that matter) just extenuated your hair's health. Keep up the good work!

Looks good. What happens on day 2 etc? How long does it last and how do you refresh?

Sent from my LS670 using Long Hair Care Forum App

Back