VO5 Conditioners!

Lilmama1011

You know what i don't get about v 05 ? Some of them say moisturizing and some of them strengthening but they all have the hydrolyzed protein almost at the bottom of the list. Basically similar ingredients with different fragrances

Ravenhairedbeauty

I had shelved my VO5 conditioners till the summertime. But I just started using them again mainly the island coconut and it makes my hair so soft when I cowash. Just thought I'd share :)

krissyhair

I bought the family size clarifying conditioner last night. I've got enough shampoo and conditioner to last me for many moons.

Seriously tho, VO5 clarifying conditioner is the ultimate cowash.

krissyhair

The past 3 weeks I've been following a cowash after workout or every other day regimen with the VO5 clarifying conditioner. I get super moisture with it. It smells delicious too.

I finger comb and leave in a different conditioner. The leave in has silicone, so I still shampoo once a week.

Angelicus

Oh wow! Why have I not posted in this thread!? :whyme: I love VO5! :love:

1. Which VO5s have you used? Which did you settle on as your staple? - Well I like all the VO5 "flavors" except Vanilla Mint Tea, because it smells like toothpaste. The ones I like the most are: Extra Body (I like collagen) and Strawberries & Cream.

2. Does it seem to work as a DC too? - Nope, not for me.

3. If you co-wash often with ONLY VO5, is there a build-up problem? I don't co-wash often but when I do, I don't have build-up.

4. Are you still using it? - Definitely! I used the Shea and Cashmere to co-wash yesterday.

It is such a great cheapie conditioner for wash and gos, refreshing the hair (dilute and put in a small spray bottle), and for shaving. :look:

Duchess007

*gasp*

I am speechless. I haven't yet seen this giant size gem...

A few months before I hauled all those conditioners, I found the family size at Woodmans (local Madison WI grocer) for $1.49 and got two. Now I use the bottles to hold my leave-in mix. LOVE the pump!

In other news, I have used up about 30 of the bottles I bought last year. Unfortunately I tried some other conditioners that are also keepers, so my stash hasn't really been reduced. :-/

1. Hairvitalize (32 oz. for $1)
Find it online at www.DollarTree.com
Best used for: detangling

image-2953522097.jpg

2. Spa Haus (20 oz. for $1)
In stores at Dollar Tree
Best used for: deep conditioner base

image-4276206403.jpg

3. Silkience (20 oz. for $1)
In stores at Dollar Tree
Best used for: cowashing

image-4046882339.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Last edited:

Duchess007

I found the family size Kiwi lime conditioner at Krogers, didn't grab it at the time. I tried the Island coconut V05 conditioner and I really like it.

Island Coconut and Shea Cashmere are both awesome but I rarely see them in stores.

mshoneyfly

I discovered a new BSS that carries ERRTHANG!

They had some VO5 flavors (for $1) I'd heard of but never seen before:
-Split ends anti-breakage with panthenol
-Silky experiences champagne kiss with silk protein
-Repair & Protect strengthening

I really like the way the Champagne Kiss leaves my hair but Extra Body is still my all time fav. The pomegranate & grapeseed or the kiwi are both close seconds for me.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Duchess007

I discovered a new BSS that carries ERRTHANG!

They had some VO5 flavors (for $1) I'd heard of but never seen before:
-Split ends anti-breakage with panthenol
-Silky experiences champagne kiss with silk protein
-Repair & Protect strengthening

I really like the way the Champagne Kiss leaves my hair but Extra Body is still my all time fav. The pomegranate & grapeseed or the kiwi are both close seconds for me.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

I don't think I've seen the split ends. I used the Repair & Protect this weekend!

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I am just LOVING using Vo5 conditioner as a leave in. It dries quickly and defined my curls. It actually works better than oher leave ins like rusk passion flower. I am so pleased.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
:lol: Lilmama1011! You must use it a lot!

Been trying to manipulate less and PS more often so haven't Cowashed as much.

V05 proved to be great for cowashing in crochets, kinky and Senegalese twists!

Lilmama1011

:lol: Lilmama1011! You must use it a lot!

Been trying to manipulate less and PS more often so haven't Cowashed as much.

V05 proved to be great for cowashing in crochets, kinky and Senegalese twists!

DarkJoy. I just use it weekly. I put some in the root to tip bottle so I can get directly to the root and use the teeth on the bottle to lightly loosen the dirt on my scalp then I take a glob and apply it to the length. I do that twice on each of my four sections

Duchess007

Lilmama1011 I easily go thru two bottles on henna week. And one on a regular wash day.

I really like your idea about adding tea tree!

krissyhair

Lilmama1011 I easily go thru two bottles on henna week. And one on a regular wash day.

I really like your idea about adding tea tree!

Really, a whole bottle on wash day?
Do you use it in different steps during your wash day process, or all in one step?

On vacation to the beach with my family I used almost a whole bottle in a week because I cowashed everyday, sometimes twice a day. That was probably ~10 uses and I thought I was being generous/liberal with its use.

Duchess007

Really, a whole bottle on wash day?
Do you use it in different steps during your wash day process, or all in one step?

On vacation to the beach with my family I used almost a whole bottle in a week because I cowashed everyday, sometimes twice a day. That was probably ~10 uses and I thought I was being generous/liberal with its use.

On a regular wash day, I finger detangle on dry, pre-poo'd hair, section, liberally apply VO5 to each section and detangle with a wide tooth comb. Then I two-strand twist the section. I then apply product directly to my scalp, massage it in, and baggy for 10-15 minutes. In the shower, I rinse out the product using a military shower style. (Meaning after rinsing out, I turn off the water). I reapply conditioner to the sections, comb thru, then rinse again and retwist. I usually follow with DC, ACV rinse, oil rinse, leave-in, and a sealant (like my whipped Shea butter mix or Softee Indian Hemp).

On henna week, it typically takes one whole bottle for the first rinse and half a bottle for each subsequent rinse. BTW- on henna week, I don't do the comb-thru until I'm rinsing out my DC. Henna can make hair brittle, so I need to restore moisture first.

My hair is dense/thick and MBL at the longest layer (shortest layer is APL, middle layer is BSL).

krissyhair

On a regular wash day, I finger detangle on dry, pre-poo'd hair, section, liberally apply VO5 to each section and detangle with a wide tooth comb. Then I two-strand twist the section. I then apply product directly to my scalp, massage it in, and baggy for 10-15 minutes. In the shower, I rinse out the product using a military shower style. (Meaning after rinsing out, I turn off the water). I reapply conditioner to the sections, comb thru, then rinse again and retwist. I usually follow with DC, ACV rinse, oil rinse, leave-in, and a sealant (like my whipped Shea butter mix or Softee Indian Hemp).

On henna week, it typically takes one whole bottle for the first rinse and half a bottle for each subsequent rinse. BTW- on henna week, I don't do the comb-thru until I'm rinsing out my DC. Henna can make hair brittle, so I need to restore moisture first.

My hair is dense/thick and MBL at the longest layer (shortest layer is APL, middle layer is BSL).

Oh, so you like to incorporate it into multiple different steps? I can see how you will use a lot. It's great that Vo5 is so inexpensive like that.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Anyone mix it with shampoo to dilute the shampoo? I usually use water but now I'm thinking something different...

Duchess007

krissyhair - I think most people would do all of those steps in the shower as one continuous cowash routine, but I don't like to use a lot of water. :)

DarkJoy - I think that makes a lot of sense. I don't shampoo very often, but I would definitely try that. Maybe 1 part poo to 3 con. What ratio are you thinking of using?

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
@krissyhair - I think most people would do all of those steps in the shower as one continuous cowash routine, but I don't like to use a lot of water. :)

@DarkJoy - I think that makes a lot of sense. I don't shampoo very often, but I would definitely try that. Maybe 1 part poo to 3 con. What ratio are you thinking of using?
Duchess007, I shampoo 2x a month max and those are chelating and clarifying shampoos. I have hard water and my fine strands can only take so much product AND hard water minerals before they snap. But also the harsh shampoo is hard on my hair too even using a 10:1 (H20:shampoo) mix.

I will try a 3:1 with V05 today and report back!