Waist Length 2014

Nelli04

Hey I would love to join if I havent already.

My ultimate goal is to have healthy full WL hair.
My regimen has been really simple lately. I have been straightening my hair every 2-3 months, but I plan to increase that to every 6 weeks. My flat irons last me about 3-4 weeks, I try to stretch them as much as I can. In the remaining 2-3 weeks I plan to wash my hair qweek and braid it up for 2 days and wear braid outs and buns for 5 days. Every wash I do will include a deep conditioning.

I am about 1-1.5in from full WL, but I want my hair to be healthy as well, which means getting rid of some dead ends. I plan to trim 2x in 2014, possibly a 3rd time if necessary.

I am Natural and have been for about 8 years, but I had a lot of heat damage in the past. My main difficulty is breakage and shedding. I have very thick hair so it doesn't show that much, but I have noticed the breakage and I think it may be from wearing my hair braided too long and wearing pony tails too much.

I am so excited to finally reach my goal in 2014! I will hopefully have a starting picture in Dec when I flat iron my hair, but I SUCK at taking pictures of my hair.

NGraceO

I want in! :) Ultimate Goal: MBL unstretched, which I imagine will be WL, stretched. That goal may change if/when I get there. Goal Month: December 2014. (I'm also in the 2015 challenge- I'm a slow grower!) Regimen: Henna monthly, henna gloss biweekly, mud wash biweekly, cowash semi-weeekly, DC weekly. Protective styling with twists (1 week a month), braids (2 weeks a month), and buns (1 week a month). Other than VO5, I only use whole foods, oils, and botanicals on my hair. I have recipes in my album, if anyone wants to try them. How many inches do you have to go to get to WL: ~7 Natural/Relaxed/Other: Natural Tips/Tricks: Inversion has worked 50% of the time (I think just because of the scalp massage), so I'll probably keep at it for a while longer. I'm also meaning to try Megatek (I have a bottle of original formula, but keep forgetting about it). I may go back into synthetic braids for part of the year (6-8 weeks at a time). PS-ing has been a lifesaver. Issues or difficulties you're having: STYLING. Starting Pic: Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Welcome boo! We're the two-challenge crew!!

NGraceO

LongCurlyLocks

Ok guys, what do you think about this? I did a length check just a bit ago (November 19). Not purposely, I just wanted to see where my hair was now because I just added Ovation to my regimen yesterday. So the first picture was taken October 9th, the second today, so about 40 days? Is this an inch or what?

Attachments

• IMG_0553.jpg
    IMG_0553.jpg
    522.3 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0779.jpg
    IMG_0779.jpg
    505.8 KB · Views: 120

TeeBee

Ok guys, what do you think about this? I did a length check just a bit ago (November 19). Not purposely, I just wanted to see where my hair was now because I just added Ovation to my regimen yesterday. So the first picture was taken October 9th, the second today, so about 40 days? Is this an inch or what?
Claim your inch!!

dwells1210

I see an inch!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint

That is definitely a good inch! Nice growth LongCurlyLocks

Yay Duchess007 Welcome! You will definitely make it.

koolkittychick

I'm in!

Current length: MBL (reached it on the way to BSL)

Ultimate goal: Classic length

WL Goal Month: Oct 2014

Regimen: Wash & DC once a week and bunning--basically what I've been doing for the last two years.

Relaxed head

Here's my starting pic:

Attachments

• My hair now.jpg
    My hair now.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 75

beauti

Nelli04 you are natural and your flat irons last 3-4wks?? What moisturizers do you use during those 3-4wks and what styles do you do? I'm 56 weeks post relaxer and my flat ironed hair won't last a week, mainly because I can't find a moisturizer that won't revert my hair. TIA

EnExitStageLeft

IN!

Current length: MBL

Ultimate goal: APL Curly, WL Straightened

WL Goal Month: April 2013

Regimen:
2x a month:

Prepoo
Co-Cleanse
DC w/ Steam
Air Dry
Style! (Most likely a bun)

1x a Month:

Prepoo
Shampoo
Reconstructive treatment
DC w/ Steam
Air Dry
Style (Rollerset or bun)

Every 5 washes I will clarify and chelate

LCOB method to mositurize and oil my scalp at least 3 times a week :)

...and I am Transitioning!

I will come and update my picture after I straighten this weekend :).

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
IN! Current length: MBL Ultimate goal: APL Curly, WL Straightened WL Goal Month: April 2013 Regimen: 2x a month: Prepoo Co-Cleanse DC w/ Steam Air Dry Style! (Most likely a bun) 1x a Month: Prepoo Shampoo Reconstructive treatment DC w/ Steam Air Dry Style (Rollerset or bun) Every 5 washes I will clarify and chelate LCOB method to mositurize and oil my scalp at least 3 times a week :) ...and I am Transitioning! I will come and update my picture after I straighten this weekend :).

Why are JUST joining??? Don't make me come to the peach state and knock you out!

growbaby

My hair feels so good right now.

I did a deep condition on dirty hair with ORS Replenishing then hit the sauna with it in for 2 25 min sessions.went home n shampooed with Motions lavish conditioning shampoo n followed that with a 2 min aphogee keratin treatment. Then moisturized n sealed with cantu Shea butter and castor oil. My hair is now in to braids to bed. I'm in hair heaven for the night :)

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Last night I dreamed I was at the salon laying at the shampoo bowl and my hair stylist gave me a 30 minute scalp massage. It felt so freakin good! I can't wait to just go and lay back and squeal with joy when she pulls out that scalp massage tool. Lawd, I'm having salon withdrawals. These braids have been so easy peasy but I dang sure miss getting my hair washed by someone else.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I started teaching my step daughter hair basics and how to roller set last night. Our hair stylist is out on maternity leave and she is absolutly lost. I can admit that I have her spoiled with the every 2 week salon appt thing but I really want her to be self sufficient and know to do her own hair if need be. She is over 1 year post, growing out a Rihanna cut and only has about 3 or 4 inches of relaxed ends left. The back area that was shaved is natural though. She's used to wearing it pressed straight and just combing down her wrap every night until the next appt.

I asked her about hair goals and hair length. She told me she wanted her hair to look exactly like mine. I was so shocked! She said my hair was the prettiest and longest she's ever seen on a black person and I was the reason she decided to stop relaxing. I went in my room and cried (probably the pregnancy hormones but it was still touching)

bronzephoenix

This is my year!!! I'm beyond excited

Ultimate Goal: HL

Regimen: I just listen to my hair mainly. Low manipulation, low tension, gentle detangling, lot's of moisture and sealing. Cowashing. Clarify as needed. Conditioner buns. Hot oil treatments. Scalp massage. Deep conditioning. Little to no direct heat. Protective styling. Trim as needed. Silk scarf.

How many inches do you have to go to get to WL: *need to measure* but roughly 5-6

Natural/Relaxed/Other: texturized, transitioning back to natural

Tips/Tricks: keep it simple, don't buy every product in the universe, stick with what works, be patient, baby your ends & protect them at ALL costs. S-T-R-E-T-C-H to avoid evil ssk's. Don't texturize out of frustration.

Issues or difficulties you're having: Currently shedding like crazy. thinning throughout; especially thin at temples :( Planning to address this ASAP with diet, garlic oil, black tea rinses & multivitamins.

Starting pics!

image-2895530728.jpg

image-2895650061.jpg

image-3621096633.jpg

NGraceO

This is my year!!! I'm beyond excited Ultimate Goal: HL Regimen: I just listen to my hair mainly. Low manipulation, low tension, gentle detangling, lot's of moisture and sealing. Cowashing. Clarify as needed. Conditioner buns. Hot oil treatments. Scalp massage. Deep conditioning. Little to no direct heat. Protective styling. Trim as needed. Silk scarf. How many inches do you have to go to get to WL: *need to measure* but roughly 5-6 Natural/Relaxed/Other: texturized, transitioning back to natural Tips/Tricks: keep it simple, don't buy every product in the universe, stick with what works, be patient, baby your ends & protect them at ALL costs. S-T-R-E-T-C-H to avoid evil ssk's. Don't texturize out of frustration. Issues or difficulties you're having: Currently shedding like crazy. thinning throughout; especially thin at temples :( Planning to address this ASAP with diet, garlic oil, black tea rinses & multivitamins. Starting pics! Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Good GOD, woman!!!! Your hair is gorgeous!!!! You've just convinced me to try a small flexirod set next time my hair is out :lick:

NGraceO

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint

Regimen: I just listen to my hair mainly. Low manipulation, low tension, gentle detangling, lot's of moisture and sealing. Cowashing. Clarify as needed. Conditioner buns. Hot oil treatments. Scalp massage. Deep conditioning. Little to no direct heat. Protective styling. Trim as needed. Silk scarf.

How many inches do you have to go to get to WL: *need to measure* but roughly 5-6

Tips/Tricks: keep it simple, don't buy every product in the universe, stick with what works, be patient, baby your ends & protect them at ALL costs. S-T-R-E-T-C-H to avoid evil ssk's. Don't texturize out of frustration.

Issues or difficulties you're having: Currently shedding like crazy. thinning throughout; especially thin at temples :( Planning to address this ASAP with diet, garlic oil, black tea rinses & multivitamins.

Starting pics!

View attachment 234549

View attachment 234547

View attachment 234545

Beautiful MBL hair! :drool:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
As for me, I've got some SD Vanilla Silk with a moistened plastic cap under my dryer. Love the warmth on my head/hair. I will put my hair into large twists to air dry, then do a bun for DD's b-day party tomorrow.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing

Starting pics!

View attachment 234549

View attachment 234547

View attachment 234545

Beautiful hair! Love the curls in the first picture!

mensa

I would like to join.

Right now, I get keratin protein treatments and my hair is growing pretty fast. It makes the strand of hair very strong.

I am at bra strap length and believe, Lord willing, that I can achieve waist length be the end of next year.:yep:

Sosa

I would like to join.

Right now, I get keratin protein treatments and my hair is growing pretty fast. It makes the strand of hair very strong.

I am at bra strap length and believe, Lord willing, that I can achieve waist length be the end of next year.:yep:

mensa what keratin treatment have you been getting? How long have you been having it?

I' m joining this challenge. I have been stuck around mbl for a year :nono:. I hope to be waistlength by summer. I will maintain there.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Yesterday was wash day. I co-cleansed with NG Lemon Detox, Dced with SD Vanilla Silk, Moisturized with HH Espressoself and sealed with HH Caramel Frapp Butter. Wore a twist out today, but I will put my hair back in twists this evening.

mensa

it is called Keratin Smoothing Complex and my stylist applies it about once every 6 months. I started getting it a few months ago.

bronzephoenix

Trying a DIY garlic oil treatment tonight in an attempt to stop this shedding...

Not quite sure if I'll blend or cook the garlic into the oil. But I plan to leave it on for a few hours before baggying overnight with SM black soap purification masque followed by a black tea rinse. I also started taking a hair, skin & nails supplement 3x daily & returned to fruits and veggies. I pray this helps!!

ETA: decided to blend garlic w/ evco in vitamix. Baggying with oil on scalp over night, will cowash & dc in the morning. Stored excess oil in glass jar to marinate for future uses :)

Last edited:

FollicleFanatic

I'm gonna be greedy and join this along with the bsl/mbl challenge!

Ultimate Goal: Waistlength for now, maybe hip if I'm feeling froggy
Regimen: PSing with wigs and halfwigs with flat twists underneath, bunning. Protein/moisture DC with every shampoo usually 1x monthly, cowash as needed.
How many inches do you have to go to get to WL: Around 3.5? Idk, guess I have a really short torso
Natural/Relaxed/Other: (OPTIONAL) doesn't matter to me, I love it all... Life-long natural
Tips/Tricks: Will be using a tip I saw on another site of applying a light protein treatment to my ends often and soaking them on EVCO
Issues or difficulties you're having: These blasted micro split ends are the bane of my existence ugh. I just trimmed 1/2"-2" off 2 wks ago and I'm seeing some tiny splits already! I have a sneaking suspicion that the shears I used weren't the sharpest, so I need to invest in a sharp good quality pair. Any suggestions ladies?

ckisland

So I straightened on Thursday, and today was the first day that I bunned my hair and it was also the first time I've had breakage so far :ohwell:. I was worried that wearing my hair down was potentially causing damage, but when I messed with my hair during the day and at night, I had no breakage. I know my ends can't be tucked while in their curly state, maybe it's the same while straight?

I have high (straight) hopes for my hair next year. This is the test run, and I have my fingers and toes crossed that this works out for me. 2014 is going to be my year to step out and I want my hair looking fly and reaching new lengths :gorgeous:

Ogoma

Thinking about joining this, but will wait until end of year to decide. I am going to trim next week and do inversion first week in December :look: :lol: depending on where I am at the end of the year, I will decide if this is realistic for me. From BSL to WL is 6 inches for me. I am 5'7.