Water challenge for healthier and longer hair

laurend

I don't know if we have this challenge already but is anyone interested. Your goal is to drink a least 56oz and more if you have a heavy workout that day. The challenge will run until the first day of spring. Is anyone game?:grin:

Drink a least 56oz a day.
Drink 64oz to 80oz if you exercise that day.
Check in once a day.

Participants:
Ms Sonya
Summer79
HighlyFavored8
Sharifeh
Wanji
Starrz329
Jazii
Cmw45
CreamTee
Amwcah
Diva Esq
Day Dreamer
Sonia1965
Tressajalen
Tif392002
Yardyspice
Melissa-bee
Twists
Mz. Shug
Laurend
Hairaboutit
Kimdionneca
Miami74
oooop2
Lovely008
Mscocoface
Maintainthesexy
Grand Prix
Schipperchow 1
Mattie26
ljamie4
Honeytips
Demi1974
Ms Feliz
skolar Star
Curly 83
4s Fine
JFK
Mz zartaria
Larry 3344
Carlana 25
Nubiangoddess3
CherieMarie

Last edited:

yardyspice

I am! Drinking enough water is my biggest problem healthwise and know that I know that it affects hair growth I definitely need to step up my game.

laurend

I am! Drinking enough water is my biggest problem healthwise and know that I know that it affects hair growth I definitely need to step up my game.

Me too. It will help in other areas also.:grin: I've had 24oz so far, off to drink another 8oz.

twists

I'm in too!...I also need to step up my water game..will there be any official rules to this challenge?

laurend

I would like to do this but i don't like drinking water in the winter...it's too cold

You can drink it warm. I never drink ice cold water. You can also put lemon, lime, cucumber and orange slices in your water to make it tastier.

laurend

I'm in too!...I also need to step up my water game..will there be any official rules to this challenge?

Sorry I forgot.

Drink a least 56oz a day.
Drink 64oz to 80oz if you exercise that day.
Check in once a day.

melissa-bee

Is it healthy to get water from the warm tap? I heard it's not good for you. Sometimes i will put it in a cup and leave it out so it rises to room temp. Actually, water and tea are the only liquids i drink but in the winter i drink more tea when i'm at home. I'm gonna try my hardest.

laurend

Is it healthy to get water from the warm tap? I heard it's not good for you. Sometimes i will put it in a cup and leave it out so it rises to room temp. Actually, water and tea are the only liquids i drink but in the winter i drink more tea when i'm at home. I'm gonna try my hardest.

There have been reports about contaminants in some of the bottle water. If you don't have a problem with water from your town or city's source it will be okay. The water in Chicago is from Lake Michigan. I drink from the tap and the bottle but the tap is cheaper.

LushLox

You're right, it's not particularly good for you. Our filter water from the dispenser is ice cold, I always add a few drops of freshly boiled water to it so I'm drinking it at room temperature.

I don't drink as much as I should, but I'm really going to step it up this year. Water gives us so much other benefits than just for our hair.

Diva_Esq

I'm in but checking in once daily for me won't happen. But know that I am in the challenge with you ladies! :) I have a 56 oz container @ my desk and a 22 oz container that I carry with me at all times! WATER my way to MBL & fully natural! :)

Day Dreamer

I need to up my water intake as well but I don't think i can do 56 oz a day. Exactly how much is 56 oz anyway? how big of a cup is that?

sonia1965

Please let me in!!! I am no good at drinking water, in fact my consumption is pretty non-existant, all I drink is tea with fat-free milk, about 5-6 large cups a day :spinning:

tressajalen

I am in! I am drinking water for my health and hair! I think. I have had 30 ozso far today but I will keep track tomorrow.

laurend

I need to up my water intake as well but I don't think i can do 56 oz a day. Exactly how much is 56 oz anyway? how big of a cup is that?

One cup is 8oz. One can of soda is 12oz. You need to have five soda pop cans of water a day for example. Please join do what you can do. You might be surprise yourself by the end of the challenge.

B3e

I would like to do this but i don't like drinking water in the winter...it's too cold

OP, nice thread! I think among all the growth aids and general hair care methods we forget to take care of our bodies.

Ms. Bee, try drinking tea and/or cocoa. Great for the winter months, helps change things up between bottles of water and keeps you warm especially if you live in the tundra like I do :ohwell:

sharifeh

I'm in! My water intake (or lack thereof) is atrocious!
:nono:

My Malaysian friend got me into drinking warm water; she boils water, lets it cool down and then drinks it warm. At first I laughed but it actually feels good, especially when you are sick! :yep:

Summer79

This is what I need in my life right now. I need to stay consistent with water for health reasons and I know it will be great for my hair also! Thanks for a good thread OP!

MsSonya

I would like to join. I really need to be accountable for the water I drink on a daily basis. I normally drink at least 20oz-80oz a day. But I would like to be more consistent.