What a difference are you having with Longer Hair

blazingthru

Okay so I had my hair blown out Saturday. I have never ever had long hair it was so foreign to me. It was in my eyes and I am heavy so it would catch in my neck and when I am in the shower washing my body I accidently get it caught in the washrag with the soap. See this never ever happen to me before I am floored by the changes and mines are pretty minor. I know there are women on here that has never had long hair before I would like to know some of your experiences. My hair itsn't long but its longer then its ever been before and no I am not complaining.

Curlee_lurker

LA face/low class booty
I thought there was a spider on my lower back in the shower. I hadn't noticed that my hair even grew. I was completely freaked out though.

When it was getting caught when I'd lean back in my chair when I was wearing it curly it annoyed me. Unstretched my hair had always been closer to right below shoulder length.

LocksOfLuV

The day after I wash, it never fails to find LOOOOONG strands of hair between my butt cheeks while I am washing the next morning.:look: I know TMI, but I NEVER EVER had that problem before I had "long" hair.

Also, I think I am developing a very mild case of bacne :(

It's not long, but it's longer. It gets annoying wearing it down cause I have to be more careful not to get it stuck under my bag/purse strap etc.

dlewis

When I lead back in my chair at the office, I'm leaning on my hair.

Feeling hair on my back is a great feeling.

Having contractors say "Mrs. Lewis can help you, she's the lady with the long hair".:D

Washing is a chore

And I'm having a time getting the hair smooth on the roller closer to the neck.

malibu4590

LocksOfLuV said:
The day after I wash, it never fails to find LOOOOONG strands of hair between my butt cheeks while I am washing the next morning.:look: I know TMI, but I NEVER EVER had that problem before I had "long" hair.

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: Locksofluv...girl you crazy! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cichelle

I love the feeling of my hair half way down my back when I wash it.

Some updos feel heavier now.

My hair is taking longer to cowash and detangle and longer to dry.

When I'm combing my hair straight down in the back, I can't comb all the way down in one stroke anymore because I can't reach my ends. I have to bring my hair around or lean over to the side.

I use much more conditioner and more natural butters.

I'm not complaining either. I feel really thankful.

nelli711

When detangling or combing my hair when I straighten it, I have to pull the back of my hair over my shoulder to comb it.

MiWay

LocksOfLuV said:

:lol: :lachen: :lol: :lachen: Me too...:sekret:

I find that my hair is harder to rollerset and takes a lot longer to dry.

Last edited:

BrownBetty

LocksOfLuV said:

I thought I was the only one :lachen:

I am having a hard time rollersetting because my arms can't stetch that much.

CurliDiva

LocksOfLuV said:

:lachen: ok ....For us less BLESSED gals - the strands would probably just roll/slide off our behinds!:lachen:

thiccknlong

:lachen: lololol I thought that was only me...HA !

LocksOfLuV said:

secretrose

a good tip for rollersetting long hair when arms can't reach is to stretch it forward (horizontally) instead of upwards. I used to be a rollersetting pro before my hair got damaged 2 yrs ago. HTH :)

dlewis

secretrose said:
a good tip for rollersetting long hair when arms can't reach is to stretch it forward (horizontally) instead of upwards. I used to be a rollersetting pro before my hair got damaged 2 yrs ago. HTH :)

Thanks..............

camellia

When I wear my hair down it gets caught in everything. I slammed it in the door as I was leaving the house.

I caught it in the mini van door when I shut it too fast.

I was running a bath for my son and when I leaned over to adjust the hot water a section of my hair (flat ironed) hung right into the toilet. :barf:

My braided bun feels very heavy on my head now.

I find long shed hairs all over my house.

First I would get my hair caught in my bra clasps. Now I get it caught in my belt and even in the waistband of my panties.

I can't ever wear my hair loose when cooking.

The last time I wore my hair down to bed, I woke up in the middle of the night because DH was lying on part of it and I couldn't move.

dlewis

camellia said:
When I wear my hair down it gets caught in everything. I slammed it in the door as I was leaving the house.

I caught it in the mini van door when I shut it too fast.

I was running a bath for my son and when I leaned over to adjust the hot water a section of my hair (flat ironed) hung right into the toilet. :barf:

My braided bun feels very heavy on my head now.

I find long shed hairs all over my house.

First I would get my hair caught in my bra clasps. Now I get it caught in my belt and even in the waistband of my panties.

I can't ever wear my hair loose when cooking.

The last time I wore my hair down to bed, I woke up in the middle of the night because DH was lying on part of it and I couldn't move.

I can't wait to have those problems.:D

blazingthru

Thank you everyone for your post , I was feeling down and I remembered that I had asked a question on here, and i was just sitting here cracking up. Just cracking up. I never imagine all the things you go through having longer hair. Falling in the towel was the kicker, that would have upset me after I just pressed it out yeah, I would have been upset sorry but it was so funny:lachen: :lachen:

blazingthru

dlewis said:
I can't wait to have those problems.:D

Me too! I just can't wait. My hair is shoulder length but not on the sides yet. I will try to post my picture as soon as I figure out how to put it on here.

adrienne0914

LocksOfLuV said:

i'm SO glad i can piggy back on someone else's. i wasn't even gone say nothing til i saw your post...
:lachen:

another one for me is the hair getting caught on my lipglass on a windy day. i hate this more than anything else.

Arcadian

My hair feels quite heavy. Depending on how I wear it I feel like I got a darn hat on:lol: .

I do get it caught on things more often now, especially my purse strap or seatbelt if I wear it loose on date night. I get those scragglers sometimes after having my hair up...that drives me nuts and I'm also trying to get them out of my face!

Oh and the shed hair... wow, I feel like a darn cat! I see them EVERYWHERE..and this was never an issue until my hair got longer.

I could never figure if it was just me or what longer haired women just have to go through (now I know!)

SO pulled one off the couch and said "this belongs to you" :lol:

Washing my hair is always a chore regardless of length, but its certainly more interesting! Does take longer these days but thats ok, its worth the hassle.:D

-A

blazingthru

LocksOfLuV said:

Yeah that is funny, I can't imagine. I just can't imagine

SandySea

When my hair began to pass shoulder length I noticed that my hair would get trapped when people hugged me and I couldn't move my head until they moved their arm. Also, I lost a few hairs in the shoulder strap of my book bag until I started being more careful.

daydreemr

It takes longer to dry.

It always gets caught in my purse strap and seat belt.

It ends up in my mouth while I'm eating sometimes and stuck to my lipgloss often.

One day I found a hair and thought "I know another woman has not been up in here!!!" Then I really looked at it and realized it was mine. DUH!!!:dizzy:

kweenameena

georgiagyrl said:
It takes longer to dry.

It ends up in my mouth while I'm eating sometimes and stuck to my lipgloss often.

One day I found a hair and thought "I know another woman has not been up in here!!!" Then I really looked at it and realized it was mine. DUH!!!:dizzy:
:eek: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

LocksOfLuV

georgiagyrl said:
It takes longer to dry.

Aww suky suky now!!!:eek: :lol: