What do you do with all that hair!? (Hitting Goal Length)

hnntrr

So I have been musing on this question for awhile. For you ladies that have been successful in your hair journey and are MBL, WL, and HL. What do you do with all that hair!? How do you wear it?

Ive been wearing long ponies with my buns and the hair is so long and heavy it gives me headaches (It might just be because my hair has been all through college) How do you do it/wear it/etetc.

BostonMaria

80% of the time it's in a ponytail. I wear it down a lot in the winter. In the summer I wear it in a messy bun.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

marta9227

I'm MBL/grazing WL. I wear buns 75-90% of the time. I wear my hair in a bun at work always, 4 days a week 10-12 hours a day. I wear my hair down to church and out with hubby, and I technically wear it down on my days off, but I end up getting sick of it and bunning it most of the day. I'm straight for the winter and curly in the summer, but the bunning schedule is the same all year.

tenderheaded

My go to style is a braided bun. It looks like I did some work when I didn't. I un-pin, spray with Wen replenishing mist, add a little pure argan oil (Camden Gray), re-pin and go!

ChocolatePie777

Im mbl and I don't feel like I have a lot of hair (dont think ill ever get to that point......but anyway...im planning on staying in wigs for a while for max. Retention......if I wear my hair out its usually in a plopped wng or bun

Lita

Lose buns,ponytails,Twist/Bantu knots,Lg braids swoop to the side with bow.

*Layerd Tailbone length hair..It's u shaped,the U section is TBL,rest comes across..I'm natural.

Happy Hair Growing!

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
I wear my hair in twists, braid or twist out floppy fros, high, low and side buns, as well as random pin ups. I'm MBL and I don't feel like I have a lot of hair unless I look at a photo. :lol:

ETA: I don't wear my hair straight often, but I would like to try roller setting.

marta9227

Im mbl and I don't feel like I have a lot of hair (dont think ill ever get to that point......but anyway...

This is me too! Every milestone I hit I expect to get over hair anorexia, but it seems it gets worse the longer my hair gets lol. It only seems long to me when other people rave about it or- and this will sound awful- I'm watching a television show and I realize my hair is longer than anyone on the show- including all the white chicks lol

Sent from my ice cold evo 3d y'all!

9MillaNina

Flatiron it and pin curl it, since most protective styles leave my hair tangled since it is very thick, and thickens even more so when trying to protect it. No where near goal length though, just thought I'd rant a wee bit lol. Thanks

Last edited:

Vintagecoilylocks

I wear multiple braids then I bun it or french braid the braids or I wrap them. I have braided it back in joining brads then crisscross them over my head and secure them. Just knowing its there is sooooo cool. My daughter has Ftp length hair and loves to use hair sticks with all types of buns. The chinese wrap is her go to. She french and dutch braids alot. My other daughter is grazing hip with 3 times the volume. She does ribbons and gold cord wraps and braided in her hair. Its pretty. sort of renaissance and colorful then she uses framing french accents braids or twists. Check out the web site Dreamweaverbraiding. Need all that nice long healthy hair for those styles. Also search on youtube for long hair styles. There are so many to play with. One is Bohemian romantic braids or something like that. Have fun and indulge in all that hair.:yep:

SEMO

I wear mostly buns and ponytails. Occasionally I do twists and plan to add a few wash n' go's to the mix if I can.

Blessedwithabundance14

I wear a braided bun, twists into bun, braids and bun. I bun 99.99% of the time. I may do a braid out every blue moon. I like buns cause it keeps my hair out of the way and my 8 month old cannot pull it out.

mslionheart

Natural 4b with hair that grows in layers. Longest layer (the back) is waist length creeping towards my hips and the shortest layer (bangs) is apl. And all I wear are large twists 99.99999% of the time. That is mostly due to sheer laziness when it comes to styling my hair. But I suspect that it is also the reason I have managed to keep any hair on my head.