Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear my hair in a rollerset or pin curl set

Votes: 26 15.9%
  • Other (please describe)

Votes: 10 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Isis

What hair styles do you wear or techniques do you use to show your length?

When I first started this journey, I loved wearing French Twists because even with my hair up, this style always looked like I had a lot of hair, possibly long hair tucked up in there.

I also continue to enjoy wearing loose braid outs since it shows length very well by elongating the hair, no matter how long one's hair is.

So how do you show your hair's length? :)

because of all the shrinkage it looks longest flat-ironed (collarbone stretched)...LOVE the look, can't wait till it's APL!

i dont show my length .. i dont plan to until i reach LBL ,but when I do it will be flat ironed for sure

I do protective styles and do not straighten my hair. So for now, I bunch my hair in a bun and it looks big. So big that I can't lean back when I'm on the train b/c the bun is in the way :yep:

Also, this past weekend I had a tighter (compact), neater bun and someone else was talking about how long my hair is when it's lose ( I showed her). And another girl responded 'you can tell you have really long hair' teehee.....smiling all the way to the LhCF...

To show length, I usually straighten my hair by doing a rollerset on large, magnetic rollers. I also may wear a twistout.

i dont show my length .. i dont plan to until i reach LBL ,but when I do it will be flat ironed for sure

That, exactly. I suspect I'll show it when it reaches the milestones - APL/MBL/WL - BSL is a pointless length on me. :lol: I suspect it'll be flatironed, because I can do that at home, and it seems like the 'safest' option.

My length shows the best when it's flatironed after a fresh touch-up.

Even after all that there is shrinkage and the TRUE length still can't be seen unless I pull on it.:ohwell:

I wear a protective style all the time but when I want to show my length. I rollerset my hair on the caruso's, comb the curls out, wrap my hair, and take the wrap down and my hair fall down my back:grin: ooohhhhhhh, I can't wait until I'm mb:rolleyes:

Either a silk wrap or a braid-out. I still get shrinkage with both of those but I don't want to flat iron.

Sometimes I band it.

Last edited:
I do protective styles and do not straighten my hair. So for now, I bunch my hair in a bun and it looks big. So big that I can't lean back when I'm on the train b/c the bun is in the way :yep:

Also, this past weekend I had a tighter (compact), neater bun and someone else was talking about how long my hair is when it's lose ( I showed her). And another girl responded 'you can tell you have really long hair' teehee.....smiling all the way to the LhCF...
Buns, depending on how they are made, can show or imply length. :yep:

I don't show length I keep up usally with a large claw. But I still get the your hair is getting so long comments. I think I am now at APL, but I have not flat ironed my hair since Feb '07. I don't want to put any heat til December.

The only way for me to show my true length is to straighten my hair, which I refuse to do. Fresh twists and twistouts show a good amount of my length. It doesn't last long though, cause my hair prefers to be shrunken and I don't have the energy to work against it.

Back