What hairstyles will you do when...

CarLiTa

when your hair gets as LONG as you want it to get? :eyebrows2 u know how you can't WAIT to finally get to your goal length and sport that cute hairstyle... what is it? which hairstyles will you not wait to try out on your gorgeous hair??

I'll go first... i'm so excited about this, :clap: When I get to 27", hopefully by March 2006, the hairstyles I will want to try are:
1) let my hair down and swing it :lol: then
2) a French braid, and watch the rest hang down my back
3) wear long braided pigtails with some cute clips (childhood hairdo, how i miss it)
4) a side part, hair pulled back with a FAT bun with all that hair :lol: and I'll wear a really cute long satin scarf about 1" from my hairline and let the rest hang, with some cute small earrings and a nice outfit :look:
5) a loose braidout, i'll probably do a rinse too, to have different tones

-Can't wait to get to 27"... even though i'm on the waistlength challenge (31") i'm just looking forward to 3" past brastrap.

YOUR TURN LADIES! :wave:

meia

i think i'll do long "indian" style braids, two strand twists all over my head as a chill out style, i'll do half up half down with a bun, or toss it all over my shoulder with a side part all wild, sexy and touseled anddd the hairstyle ive always wanted to do and have it look good, a long wavy high ponytail....ahhh girl you got me dreamin'..lol..funny with all this talk of waist length hair, i never thought what the hell id do with all of it..

Divine Inspiration

I like the tousseled curls on long hair....and the "down-to-there" straight look...I like the idea of a big juice bun too...the scarf thing is a definite since I looove scarves...

This is a great thread!

CarLiTa

BUMP

-Great ideas girls... it's so funny, long hair and we're still going to be doing mostly "protective" styles... haha..

it'll be all fat buns for me and french braids (i love those!)

lovelymissyoli

I plan to do rollersets, braid outs, and two-strand twists once my hair gets longer! I love all these styles on ladies with longer hair (whether natural or relaxed). Currently, it just doesn't look right on me... I give it until the end of next year before I can even attempt these styles! ;)

MizAvalon

I'll probably just wear my hair out more. Rollersets and flat-ironed styles, Just to show off basically! :lol:

Peachtree

I'll wear my hair out more... shake & go, set these coils free!! lol

(( I wear shake & go's now, but my hair shrinks to my neck... I wanna have *at least* a shoulder length shake & go, ya' know?!?! ))

atl_mulattamami

Hmm well I'm hoping to get to waist length (stretched) which is probably going to be a few inches past my shoulders when worn curly

1) Wear it ALL out (curly or straight)
2) BIG FAT buns (like Carlita's idea)
3) Updos
3) Big long frenchbraid
4) Braids like Alicia Keys
5) LONG ponytails...like the Brazilians do

meia

I LIKE ALLL OF YOUR IDEAS..
and im salivating hahahaha at the thought of having my hair get that long...droooollllllll:lol: cookie's one idea about the long ponytails like the brazilians do conjures up the idea of how exotic (all of us already are...) but how much more exotic it'll seem like we'll become when we get that waist length hair..hahaha...sigghhhhh one day though..

one day..lol:ohwell:
:grin:

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Let's see: I would love to have two platts w/ribbons or some bangin' rhinestone barretts on the ends. A pontail will be my best friend. French braids I love them so sexy and innocent looking, (there actually my favorite now, but will be even better w/all that length), A side bun w/some kind of decorative hair pin, I will definately be wearing it out more letting it drape over my shoulder or the plain old wrap look. OHH how fun it will be and of course the braid out. ;) HHG !

Lucia

Good ? I havent thought about it but
def. wear it out curly or straight and show it off some
med loose twists/ braids all over
buns
Long ponytails
some color rinses for fun maybe highlights :drunk: :lol:

Last edited:

CurliDiva

I'm looking forward to wearing my BBS hair loose and wild like a lion, plus thick briadouts and buns! :grin:

balisi

I look forward to wearing long two-strand twists and twist outs, long individual braids, long cornrows and long wash and goes. I would like each of these styles to hang to at least BSL.

CarLiTa

cookie507 said:
5) LONG ponytails...like the Brazilians do

oooh LONG PONYTAILS :love: how could i forget!! i love ponytails.. i'll probably curl the whole length of the ponytail together so that the tail looks like one big spiral curl... i'm so excited :)

CarLiTa

so many nice ideas...

Balisi, i can already picture how those two-strand twists are going to look, especially at that length *sigh* how purrty

i can't wait to do a braid out at that lengh and put all the hair to one side... Meia, you're so right... we'll looks so exotic :lol: but we'll just be gorgeous black women with awesome hair

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I'd be happy to just be able to put my hair in a ponytail. I'm not able to braid or twist yet, but I will learn! I have so much to learn! :lol:

gorgeoushair

lovelymissyoli said:
I plan to do rollersets, braid outs, and two-strand twists once my hair gets longer! I love all these styles on ladies with longer hair (whether natural or relaxed). Currently, it just doesn't look right on me... I give it until the end of next year before I can even attempt these styles! ;)

me too! I've tried braidouts on my hair and I kept thinking it would look right if it was longer. I also can't wait to try the bantu knots, flexi rods, and perm rods.

meia

AHHHH! all this talk is making me excited as anything! i cant wait till i get my hair looking the way ive always dreamed..ive condensed my hair growth plan into 8 months (of course unrealistic hahaha but who cares? :lachen:)....with a maximum of 16 months to get me to my goal directly..

im so excited..im a member of a few challenges:

-3+ month baggie challenge
-WAISTLENGTH by 2007 challenge
-Maximum growth challenge

which should push me to be very consistent..im so excited.. i hope we all reach our goals!!

meia

Babygurl

Ive reached my first goal and I still wear buns, yeah I do flat iron it every now and then to swing it around and hurt my neck, LOL, but I still bun it 99% of the time.

lisajames96

HairQueen said:
I am looking forward to have brastap spiral tonged hair

:) Do you have a pic of what that looks like? Never heard that before...

But I want to do one of those elegant side buns with just my hair and have it big and shinning, and not have the hair on the other side come out of the bun because it's too short to go that far over. And to add beautiful hair clips to it. One of you ladies has a pic of a big pretty healthy side bun on your hair album, but I can't remember who:confused:
-lisa

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
LilChocolateMa said:
I'm gonna rock the longest, sleekest, sexiest flat wrap the world has ever seen!

Heck I'm trying to do this today. It looks ok but would look better if I had that last 3.5 inches!