What Happens At The Back of A Lace Front Wig?

esoterica

is there lace to be glue down at the back?
if so, how do you see to do it?
or is the back just like a normal wig with combs?
is the glue at the front enough to keep the whole wig on your head securely?

angellazette

asphyxxia said:
is there lace to be glue down at the back?
if so, how do you see to do it?
or is the back just like a normal wig with combs?
is the glue at the front enough to keep the whole wig on your head securely?

No, but I do know some ladies sew the back of the unit down onto their braids. I don't. The back has no combs though, it's just a cap. I don't use glue or tape and it stays on my head securely. I have photos in my fotki.

bellydancer

it's just like a regular wig in the back. I don't like the one I have. I want to sell it. My hair is too thick to fit under it.

BBabe

Some custom made lacefronts have the lace in the back/nape part, which can be glued/taped down just like the front. This is useful for those who wish to wear their hair up in ponytail styles. BUT, so far from what I've read most ppl who do have the lace in the back say it doesn't lay as nice as the front and is not easy to glue down...

carmend

From my experience w/the lacefront I have.. I wouldnt even WANT one w/full lace. IMO it is difficult enough to get the front part "hooked up" right w/the glue and everything. So I cant even image trying to glue down around the back of ur neck and ears. Plus when you get the lace all around I think it has to fit ur head exaclty versus having the adjustable straps in the back. Mine stayed on w/no problem w/o any glue or combs at the back....

Bellydancer.. Have u tried braiding ur hair down so that it will fit under the wig... How small ur braid ur hair makes a big difference on the fit...