What is MT? (Basic Explanation For Noobies)

poookie

For those of you afraid to ask what MT is, and who have no interest in reading through the THOUSANDS of replies in the MT / OCT challenge thread... here you go!

Poookie's quick and dirty Mega Tek Breakdown:

Here's a picture of the product:
6694.jpg

ladies who use MegaTek put it on their scalps, and do scalp massages. some have created recipes with the stuff, and have had success using Rosemary, Peppermint, or other essential oils, + carrier oils like jojoba, castor, coconut, etc. for specific recpies, definitely read the first 1 or 2 pages of the original MT / OCT challenge thread.

personally, i use Mega Tek straight on my scalp.
since i relax my hair, i try to avoid getting it onto my previously relaxed hair, because heavy proteins used too soon after a relaxer can replace some of the protein removed from the relaxing process, or cause mild reversion.

i use about a dime to a quarter sized amount on my entire scalp, then massage my head for about 5 - 10 minutes afterwards. it feels very nice on the scalp (slightly cooling / tingling).

i haven't used Ovation Cell Therapy (oct), but from what i've read, the parent company, Eqyss (sp) produces both products. OCT was made primarily for humans (and is more expensive), while MT can be used on people, horseys, and other animals.

you can follow the directions on the bottle, but if you do, be sure to follow up with an EXTREMELY moisturizing shampoo. several folk have had pretty serious setbacks, because they put MT on the entire length of their hair, and left it on for too long. please remember that MT contains a TON of protein, and if you plan to use it on your hair, do NOT skimp on the moisturizing conditioner!!!

i think that just about covers the basics of MT. now i was just talking about the bottle pictured above. some folk have used the shampoos, detanglers, and other products from the line, but the MT everybody is talking about is the Cell Rebuilder pictured above.

i hope that helped!!!

That was very helpful. Once I use up my bottle of BT I think I will purchase some MT...I'm trying to curb the PJ in me by using up one product before purchasing another.

Thanks Pookie....this was very good info- straight to the point. I'm trying to achieve bsl by december 08... I think I may have to get some to assist in my process.
:cheers:

Aww, you guys are welcome! i just wanted to write up a quick little something so you all wouldn't have to go through thousands of posts in the main MT/OCT challenge thread. :yep:

For those of you afraid to ask what MT is, and who have no interest in reading through the THOUSANDS of replies in the MT / OCT challenge thread... here you go!

Poookie's quick and dirty Mega Tek Breakdown:

Here's a picture of the product:
6694.jpg

ladies who use MegaTek put it on their scalps, and do scalp massages. some have created recipes with the stuff, and have had success using Rosemary, Peppermint, or other essential oils, + carrier oils like jojoba, castor, coconut, etc. for specific recpies, definitely read the first 1 or 2 pages of the original MT / OCT challenge thread.

personally, i use Mega Tek straight on my scalp.
since i relax my hair, i try to avoid getting it onto my previously relaxed hair, because heavy proteins used too soon after a relaxer can replace some of the protein removed from the relaxing process, or cause mild reversion.

i use about a dime to a quarter sized amount on my entire scalp, then massage my head for about 5 - 10 minutes afterwards. it feels very nice on the scalp (slightly cooling / tingling).

i haven't used Ovation Cell Therapy (oct), but from what i've read, the parent company, Eqyss (sp) produces both products. OCT was made primarily for humans (and is more expensive), while MT can be used on people, horseys, and other animals.

you can follow the directions on the bottle, but if you do, be sure to follow up with an EXTREMELY moisturizing shampoo. several folk have had pretty serious setbacks, because they put MT on the entire length of their hair, and left it on for too long. please remember that MT contains a TON of protein, and if you plan to use it on your hair, do NOT skimp on the moisturizing conditioner!!!

i think that just about covers the basics of MT. now i was just talking about the bottle pictured above. some folk have used the shampoos, detanglers, and other products from the line, but the MT everybody is talking about is the Cell Rebuilder pictured above.

i hope that helped!!!

This was very nice of you! :yep::yep::yep:

Thanks so much for this. I always wondered but I was kinda scared of it. :lachen:I'm protein sensitive so I guess it's outta the question for me.

I know I might get fussed at, but I'm gonna ask anyway. Do they have a generic brand of this stuff out they can be purchased?:ohwell:

That's so nice of you pookie. I just want to add that variations to the label exist, sometimes it says cell rebuilder and sometimes they leave the 'cell' out. they're the same product, here are two other variations

large59010.jpg

eqyss-online_1979_440480

Last edited:
Okay, thanks for this! I saw some of the same variations but wasn't sure if it was a different product or the same thing... or what!

Thanks for this post. It's very helpful to folks who really just need to know the basics of the product and the best methods used.

Thanks for this thread. You guys are bringing me to tears with all this wonderfulness! Drip. Drip. Sniff. Sniff.

Thanks pookie!!!!!:grin:

Now, I just got my bottle and I am off to massage it in.....wish me hair growth!!!!:yay:

Ever since I found this website, A day has not gone by without me receiving a hair compliment....you guys are awesome!!!!!!!!!

thanks for this!!

Does anyone know where I can find the Gallon size of the Rebuilder?
**Neeps is out of stock**

AND …what is the best moisturizing conditioner to use with this that does NOT have protein?

** I’m thinking about using Jason’s’ Biotin – thin to thick- conditioner but I’m not sure if it contains protein or not**

thanks for this!!

AND …what is the best moisturizing conditioner to use with this that does NOT have protein?

** I’m thinking about using Jason’s’ Biotin – thin to thick- conditioner but I’m not sure if it contains protein or not**

Most volumising cons tend to have keratin proteins so don't think Jason's Biotin would be a good idea to use with MT. You could try Aubrey organics honeysuckle Rose con- that's very moisturising. Or even Jason's Sea kelp con- i've heard good things about it but never tried it myself. HTH

Most volumising cons tend to have keratin proteins so don't think Jason's Biotin would be a good idea to use with MT. You could try Aubrey organics honeysuckle Rose con- that's very moisturising. Or even Jason's Sea kelp con- i've heard good things about it but never tried it myself. HTH

I have Aubrey Orgainics J.A.Y shampoo which really gets my hair clean and ready to receive MT. But I don't have the Honeysuckle Rose Con. I hear it smells really good. I have heard both positive and negative about that conditioner. Would love to try it though. I currently use the MT Cream Rinse it works very well with the Rebuilder. Don't think I want to keep ordering for a shipment when I run out.

thanks for this!!

Try www.kvvet.com
$5 coupon code - 054

I have Aubrey Orgainics J.A.Y shampoo which really gets my hair clean and ready to receive MT. But I don't have the Honeysuckle Rose Con. I hear it smells really good. I have heard both positive and negative about that conditioner. Would love to try it though. I currently use the MT Cream Rinse it works very well with the Rebuilder. Don't think I want to keep ordering for a shipment when I run out.

I think the smell of the Honeysucle Rose is just ok but i like it a lot so I use it as 1 of my main DCs. Also have AO GPB and jojoba & aloe. I was thinking of getting the MT cream rinse but have too many cons to justify buying any more cons. Trying to curb the PJism. But I did have a relapse and just got 2 bottles of MT.

Bump !!!! thinking of ordering this product but which online shop carries it here in europe ?

Can someone who has natural hair use it also ? i just only want to try to fill in my hairlines.

Back