***OFFICIAL OCT/MT Growth Challenge 2010*** January 1st Starting Pictures

hairaboutit

so i was in the car running my fingers through my new growth and for some reason mt curl texture didnt seem as tight. is that even possible? have any of you ladies noticed a difference in ur curl pattern since using MT/OCT?

hmmm dunno if that is the reason or because I'm using henna/indigo as well....Just know that it's thicker...and being able to stretch 'twixt relaxers doesn't seem so impossible now.
Did my MT last night...with the oil mixture and Aloe Vera SKALA on the ends...sealed with CO, baggied and went to bed...this morning...hair was soooo soft... Decided to actually wash my hair this morning cuz it's been at least 3 weeks since I washed it...used Mizani clarifying shampoo...condished with Mizani moisturefuse...sealed with CO, wet pony tailed into bun and off to work. Hair feels good..but not as soft as with any of the SKALA products.
Anywhooo ENJOY THE DAY.

divastyle2010

I did my mt today and moisturized and sealed my cornrows and will be baggying for majority of the day, i'm seeing great growth but I feel it will be hard to measure, since I am not getting a realxer till october (it will be my first 6 month stretch )so a i am keeping my fingers crossed and making sure i stay on top of my hair!!i have came a long way!!!

I did my mt today and moisturized and sealed my cornrows and will be baggying for majority of the day, i'm seeing great growth but I feel it will be hard to measure, since I am not getting a realxer till october (it will be my first 6 month stretch )so a i am keeping my fingers crossed and making sure i stay on top of my hair!!i have came a long way!!!
oohhh my goodness ~ DIVASTYLE...
That is what I have been thinkin' lately....I'm want to measure SOOO badly, but am makin' myself wait until my next relaxer end of July. Keeping my fingers crossed as well, cuz I'm hoping for a good 3 inches by then!

divastyle2010

oohhh my goodness ~ DIVASTYLE...
That is what I have been thinkin' lately....I'm want to measure SOOO badly, but am makin' myself wait until my next relaxer end of July. Keeping my fingers crossed as well, cuz I'm hoping for a good 3 inches by then!
glad im not the only one thinking like that!lol! but i believe u will make ur 3 inches, i just don't think it will be possible to measure because of mt, my nu growth is not regular which i believe it will help me stretch my full 6 months my texture is crazy! i hope to be shoulder length by my next relaxer, keep me posted tho on ur progress!

hairaboutit

*Update*

Ladies, I am a MT'er for liiiiiiife. After a 21 week stretch I applied my relaxer. For the first time in a while my hair felt heavy and thick.

Just wanted to encourage u ladies to be consistent. If you stick w/ it your hair will thank you and you'll love the results...

divastyle2010

I will b washing this sat, after taking down my cornrows i have in for 2 weeks. (i keep them cornrowed under my half wig.) I will do my usual deep condition(1hour). spray in my motions cpr... and then air dry, after that re-braid and and use my megatek and mn mix... alternate days till the next time... my growth is looking great... very thick n full (keeping things simple), i am also not using any type of heat! i am also baggyin 3-5 times a week and hopefully(fingers crossed) by october my six month stretch im at least shoulder length or beyond!

divastyle2010

*Update*

Ladies, I am a MT'er for liiiiiiife. After a 21 week stretch I applied my relaxer. For the first time in a while my hair felt heavy and thick.

Just wanted to encourage u ladies to be consistent. If you stick w/ it your hair will thank you and you'll love the results...
i know what you mean, i was completely bald due to chemo( i am now a cancer survivor) and mt has given me nl hair, i have a long way to go to get back to mbl... but i am just happy to have hair!!! SO LADIES STAY CONSISTENT!

divastyle2010

washed ,dc'ed,and air dried my hair last night, used my megatek this morning and rebraided my hair, and will keep doing this till i hit my 6 month stretch, half wig it is!my ends look ok, i won't b getting a trim till my next relaxer.my growth is great I am very happy with my progress.

hairaboutit

I havent updated in a minute! Nothing new though. Continuing w/ my reggie and applying MT 3x's/week. Sticking to this has been (whispers)"boring" but it's working. Feels like my hair is growing slower in these summer months...*goes back under dryer*

grow

yep, i haven't checked in in a minute either, but i have used MT alot this year, so i have to give up the credit and say that it too, is responsible for everything that can be seen under the line in my siggy when it comes to the growth i've seen in these months of working it.

right now, i'm using something else (M-T-G), but when my hair gets to the jungle ng point, i plan to go back to my beloved good smelling MT to carry me on through until my next perm in September.

grow

i just ordered another huge bottle of the MT!

i also got that cream rinse and the avocado and hydrating sprays because they work well.

i must say, i have never used a better detangler than the cream rinse they make!

want soft, silky hair? that premier cream rinse will do it!

can't wait to start back with the rebuilder, too!

now i'm stocked up and ready to go!!!

divastyle2010

hi everyone, well as you know mt has grown my hair tremendously and now I have more growth updates in my albums so check it out! I stay consistent and apply every other day, evoo and then my megatek and wow, I'm also 15 weeks post so I pressed my hair for a length check and put up pics today!! I hope everyone is well.

divastyle2010

OK SO I FIGURED OUT HOW TO POST PICS IN HERE INSTEAD OF JUST IN MY ALBUMS!:lachen: I AM 15 WEEKS POST AND I DECIDED TO PRESS MY HAIR FOR A LENGTH CHECK AND SINCE I HAVEN'T USED HEAT SINCE JANUARY I FIGURED WHY NOT? LOL!!! BUT I HOPE EVERYONE IS HAVING GR8 PROGRESS AND HAVE A BLESSED DAY!hair check.jpg

hair.jpg

divastyle2010

hey all!!! I was trying to wait till I hit my 6 month stretch and relaxed oct 10th,2010! but people were asking for my update so I took this hideous pic! you can see how far I come even without a relaxer:grin:! those that know me know I am a cancer survivor and been on a mission from being bald then to nl, n my goal was shoulder length by the end of this stretch, I follow my regimen an I use megatek every other day since my journey!!it works!! so stick with it ladies, will post an update after I relax on the 10th! you can see the difference in my other pics in my siggy and what I've posted on the boards!have a good day!

Last edited: