***OFFICIAL OCT/MT Growth Challenge 2010*** January 1st Starting Pictures

hairaboutit

Please post your current regimen, growth-aid(s) of choice, how long you have been using your growth-aid(s) and your starting pics.

The RULES!!!
1. Use your growth-aid at least twice per week.
2. Along with your pictures include your growth aid of choice and your current regimen.
3. On check-in dates create a place holder as early as possible to avoid the thread being bombarded with comments and having to scroll to find pictures.
4. If you trim your hair post a picture of both the before and after to allow us to get an idea of total growth.

Check-In Dates:
January 1st Starting Pictures
April 1st (3 month progress)
July 1st (6 month progress)
October 1st (9 month progress)
December 20th Final Reveal

Best Demonstrated Practices (borrowed from previous challenge):
Increase your DC routine
Add a garlic product to your regimen
Add oil to your OCT or MT
Discontinue other protein products

Reference Links:
Previous OCT/MT Challenges- http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=204301, http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=344001
Purchase OCT- http://www.ovationhair.com
Purchase Mega-Tek (US)- http://www.stagecoastwest.com, http://www.valleyvet.com, http://www.kvvet.com
Purchase Mega-Tek (Can)-http://www.pacificwestenterprises.com/retailers.htm
Purchase Mega-Tek (UK)- http://www.tailgator.co.uk

HHG Ladies & Best Wishes!!! :grin:

Challengers (as of 5/21/10)
1.HKKelly/ MT
2.Demi 1974/ MT
3.aa9746/ OCT
4.PocketVenus/ MT
5.MaintaintheSexy/ MT
6.Jamaicalovely/ MT
7.LongCurlyLocks/ MT
8.ycammyy/ OCT/MT/MN
9.grnidmonster/ MT/OCT
10.Naphy/ MT
11.simplyconfident/ MT
12.Aspire/ MT
13.VirGoViXxEn/ MT/OCT
14.carlana25/ MT/OCT
15.grow/ MT
16.ycj1
17.Valerie/ MT
18.Zeal
19.hairaboutit/ MT
20.divastyle2010/ MT/MN
21.Love~Above~Color/ MT

Last edited:

hairaboutit

Challenger: hairaboutit
Growth-Aid(s): Mega-Tek
Regimen: Weekly Product(s) Used, Time: Nexxus Therappe moisturizing shampoo (2 washes), Nexxus Humectress ultimate moisturizing conditioner (20 minutes under dryer on high heat with plastic cap), Neutrogena Triple Moisture Silk Touch Leave-In (applied to the length of the hair), Luster’s S-Curl No Drip (applied to the length of the hair), Carrot Oil (applied to last 2-3 inches), and Mega-Tek (applied to scalp only)
*I usually follow this Monday and Thursday

Daily Product(s) Used, Time: Luster’s S-Curl No Drip (applied to the length of the hair), Carrot Oil (applied to last 2-3 inches), and Mega-Tek (applied to scalp only)

Attachments

• CIMG1717(2).jpg
    CIMG1717(2).jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

jamaicalovely

Challenger: Jamaicalovely
Growth-Aid(s): Mega-Tek, Claudie's Hair Elixir, Hydratherma Natural Growth Lotion
Regimen: Varies, depend on style. Will keep hair in weaves for 2010. Reinstall every 8-12 weeks, d/c every week, trim when necessary.
Starting pic: Post late-January after take down

LongCurlyLocks

Hi I would like to join the MT-OCT Challenge. My hair is currently two or three inches away from MBL. I will have to get back to you with a start picture as my camera has died. I have been using MT off and on since August 2008. I use MT as a leave in directly on the scalp straight, no chaser. I do this after I cowash at night. I cowash daily with a cheapie condish (White Rain, Vo5 or Suave). I also use Indian Oils (Brahmi Alma, Mahabhringaraj, Neem, Shikakai and others as I switch up from time to time). I have the powders too but don't like them. I also take the following vitamins: Kelp, Chrorella, Odorless Garlic, Prenatal, Gelatin and Sprilina. I also use pure Shea Butter to moisturize.

grnidmonster

I'm In! I love a good OCT/MT challenge
Product: Both MT and OCT. I alternate and mix in either bountiful tresses or a little castor oil.
Regimen: I apply directly to my scalp each night and massage for 5 minutes. BKT every 30-45 days. I have been using MT/OCT since August of 2008 for severe hair loss.

ycammyy

:grin: Hi! sent a pm
Challenger:ycammyy
Growth-Aid(s): OCT/MT/MN
Regimen: Wash weekly with oct shampoo with weekly hot oil treatment. pre-condition every 3days. sit under hair steamer from 30min. to 1hr. apply oct therapy and mt/mn to scalpy only every other day. apply shea butter and castor oil to ends of hair. I will continue my protective style of two- strand twist and bunning. I will cont. with all my vitamins: phyto, garlic,msm,silica,biotin, omega 3-6-9,etc. increase my water, protein intake and start exercising more.

sorry, so big will re-size as soon as Ican figure it out.:yep:

Attachments

• IMG00104-20091231-2043.jpg
    IMG00104-20091231-2043.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 699

PocketVenus

Hi! Sorry I'm a few days late in checking in. My Mega-Tek just came in the mail (I guess the holiday season slows down everything).
So my current growth aid is:
MT
My Regimen (as of now):
2x a week: Pre-Shampoo with Nutrine Garlic Conditioner. Let that sit for a few hours. Use plastic shower cap to retain heat if possible. Then co-wash with Organix Shea Butter Conditioner. Then I put the MT on my scalp only, while using Joico as a DC. This is left overnight, with a plastic cap and head scarf on.
The next morning, I wash out, and the put in a leave in conditioner. Probably Organic Root Stimulator, Olive Oil Hair Lotion OR Pantene Pro-V Daily Moisturizer Lotion for Naturals (I think that's what it is called). Then seal with some olive oil or coconut oil.
I prolong the process because I'm busy with school and don't have that much time to dedicate several contiguous hours to my hair.
In addition, I take One-A-Day Energy and have ordered horsetail supplements, but that won't be part of my regimen for however long it takes to get to me.
Daily spritz of Infusium-23 (diluted with water and a little bit of the garlic conditioner) followed by Leisure Curl Dry Curl Moisture Balance Spray.
I exercise 4x/week and probably do like 60oz water a day on average?

Here is a starting pic - I couldn't find a ruler so I used 8.5" by 11" printer paper, pretty ghetto, I know. Also, sorry, I have no idea how to change the size :ohwell:

Last edited:

simplyconfident

Can I still join!!

My mix: MT, JBCO, and Shescentit Scalp Elixer
I've been applying daily since 01/03/10

My Reggie:
Co wash every 5-7 days
Shampoo only as needed with buidup
DC w/ every wash/cowash
Moisturized daily
Relax every 9-10 weeks

My growth rate is supper slow about 1/4 inch per month. I really want to get to BSB (hair to cover my birth mark on my back) this year with full APL in the front.

Here are my starting pics. I'm almost 7 weeks post relaxer.

Attachments

• jan2009.jpg
    jan2009.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 28
  • newgrowthjan2009.jpg
    newgrowthjan2009.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 28

hairaboutit

Sure. Adding u now.

Can I still join!!

My mix: MT, JBCO, and Shescentit Scalp Elixer
I've been applying daily since 01/03/10

My Reggie:
Co wash every 5-7 days
Shampoo only as needed with buidup
DC w/ every wash/cowash
Moisturized daily
Relax every 9-10 weeks

My growth rate is supper slow about 1/4 inch per month. I really want to get to BSB (hair to cover my birth mark on my back) this year with full APL in the front.

Here are my starting pics. I'm almost 7 weeks post relaxer.

DivaD04

eta: in bolded red...This thread will be closed as of January 2, 2010.
oh well, i'll just to do this on my own.

Last edited:

Aspire

Hiya!!

Would love to join. Is it too late? If not, I will post starting pics by end of week. I am traveling for work and do not have my camera.

Regimen:
Daily: Moisturize and seal nightly
2x Week: Cleanse and Condition
Weekly: Deep Condition
Monthly: Henna/Cassia Mix
90 Days: Relaxer and Dusting

Always: No Direct Heat

I will be using a mixture of MT/CO/Amla oil to moisturize and seal at least every other night.

Starting Pics attached

Attachments

• 20100107-vi.jpg
    20100107-vi.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 26
  • 20100107_1-vi.jpg
    20100107_1-vi.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

VirGoViXxEn

I would love to join if its not to late. I've been using MT/OCT for about a year now.

I am wearing wigs for the entire 2010 with my hair conrrowed underneath.

Regimen:

Prepoo, Wash and DC one a week
Moisturize 2x's a day
MT Daily
Relax every 20 to 24 weeks. Im will be 20 weeks post this weekend!!!

I am currently in cornrows. I will post a pic as soon as I can. Probably next week!

Good Luck ladies.

Aspire

Moisturized with my MT/CO/Amla mix every other night this week.

Tip - If you are applying nightly to hair. Purchase an applicator bottle from Sally's for your MT mix. Use that when applying. This way the MT mix will get to your scalp and roots.

Aspire

Uh . . . R we updating here? Anyways . . . . I am traveling for work and left my hair bag home. I so freaked out last night because I have no idea where to get anything. So what am I doing - Neutrogena lotion for moisture and seal. I will need to clarify when I get home. Is this insane, will I go bald? Will not be able to MT till I get back home.

hairaboutit

Hey ladies~ I'm actually a bit early and these pics are really tow-up but I want to show my nape growth thus far. It broke off (thanks to wool scarves/coats, etc) and I'm sooo excited at where it is currently. Anywhoo~ Update as much as you like. (1)Let us know what is/isn't working for you (2)If you've had to change your reggie (3)How your progressing (4) and whatever else

BTW: I changed my reggie twice since the New Year b/c applying Mega-Tek everyday got to be too much. Here's my reggie as of Jan. 10th

Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday
1. Shampoo with Nexxus Therappe (2x’s)
2. Deep Condition under hooded dryer for 30 minutes with Nexxus Humectress (I find this gives me grrreat slip)
3. Leave-In with Neutrogena Triple Moisture Silk Touch
4. Apply Mega-Tek to scalp only using color applicator bottle
5. Moisturize with Luster’s S-Curl No Drip (applied to the length of the hair)
6. Seal with Carrot Oil (applied to last 2-3 inches)
*Sunday only Apply Porosity Control following Humectress rinse out (according to directions on bottle)

Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday
1. Moisturize with Luster’s S-Curl No Drip (applied to the length of the hair)
2. Seal with Carrot Oil (applied to last 2-3 inches)

Attachments

• CIMG6207.jpg
    CIMG6207.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 42
  • CIMG9324.jpg
    CIMG9324.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 43
  • CIMG2537.jpg
    CIMG2537.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 43

carlana25

Challenger:carlana25
Growth-Aid(s): Mega-Tek,ovation:lick::lick:
Claudie's Hair Elixir, Hydratherma Natural Growth Lotion
Regimen: Varies, depend on style. Will keep hair in weaves for 2010. Reinstall every 8-12 weeks, d/c every week, trim when necessary.
Starting pic: side1 00000.jpgside1 00000.jpgIMG00029-20091217-2355.jpg

Attachments

• side2.jpg
    side2.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

ycammyy

I am bunning it and sticking with my regimen. The only problem is that I run out of Mega-tek quickly because the bottles from ebay are so small. I am starting to feel the itches all over my head since we started the challenge and I am getting very excitied!:grin:

Attachments

• IMG00109-20100118-1903.jpg
    IMG00109-20100118-1903.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 300

aa9746

Baggying with OCT since Saturday with AO Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner under my wig. I felt it working as soon as I applied it to my scalp and hair. :grin:

I'm heavy handed with OCT so I'm thinking about adding Castor oil to it to make it last.

hairaboutit

Baggying with OCT since Saturday with AO Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner under my wig. I felt it working as soon as I applied it to my scalp and hair. :grin:

I'm heavy handed with OCT so I'm thinking about adding Castor oil to it to make it last.

I never thought about doing that. Let me know how it turns out.