***OFFICIAL OCT/MT Growth Challenge 2010*** January 1st Starting Pictures

divastyle2010

Goood morrrrrrrning ladies!!!!:grin: I have been faithful with my mt mix, everyday, and I know it is working and I am hoping to get great growth and enjoy my 6 month stretch, it will be the longest that I have evered stretched a day in my life.:lachen: So we will see ladies!!!! (I applied this morning)!!!!

hairaboutit

Checkin in:
Whether I am in or not , I applied my mt/mn/sulfur 8 mix this morning. I washed and deep condition and moisturized and sealed and baggy right now, on my cornrows I did yesterday. file:///C:/Users/tjustice/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.gif

Hey Diva!

So sorry for the delay and glad u took the reigns and joined up! :grin:

Officially withdrawing guys. I'm seriously slacking off with this. I mean, I'll still keep up with it, but I don't think any of my results or lack of thereof, could be accurately attributed to my MT use.
Keep on keeping on though!

I know exactly how you feel. It's def. hard to keep up with. HHG!

Hope the rest of you ladies are going strong. I've dropped down to two applications per week b/c I've been having a tough time sticking to the 3x/wk washing sessions.

Also, havent posted pictures yet b/c I have yet to straighten (should be doing that Wednesday).

HHG!!!

divastyle2010

Hey Diva!

So sorry for the delay and glad u took the reigns and joined up! :grin:

I know exactly how you feel. It's def. hard to keep up with. HHG!

Hope the rest of you ladies are going strong. I've dropped down to two applications per week b/c I've been having a tough time sticking to the 3x/wk washing sessions.

Also, havent posted pictures yet b/c I have yet to straighten (should be doing that Wednesday).

HHG!!!
Yeah I did and thank you, applied my mt mix.... feels good!! good afternoon ALL!

Foufie

I am still applying my MT mix faithfully everyother day. I am seeing good growth. Can't wait to progress in few weeks.

If someone updates the thread, please count me in as starting May 1, 2010. When I get home tonight I will post picture and regime.
THANK YOU!

I started using my MT on 4/30/2010. This week I'm testing to see if I'll be okay leaving it in for a few days before I wash it out. Since the semester isn't over yet I don't have time to be constantly washing etc etc. I also apply a little to my hair line every day. I mix my MT with a little bit of Jojoba oil and SAA.

LOL because I'm studying for finals this week, I made a little batch of my mix for when I'm on the go. Tonight I was sitting in the library mega-ssaging while writing my term paper :lachen: People probably thought I was crazy. . .too bad!

divastyle2010

I started using my MT on 4/30/2010. This week I'm testing to see if I'll be okay leaving it in for a few days before I wash it out. Since the semester isn't over yet I don't have time to be constantly washing etc etc. I also apply a little to my hair line every day. I mix my MT with a little bit of Jojoba oil and SAA.

LOL because I'm studying for finals this week, I made a little batch of my mix for when I'm on the go. Tonight I was sitting in the library mega-ssaging while writing my term paper :lachen: People probably thought I was crazy. . .too bad!
They probably thought you were, but who cares, when they see your growth they may start visiting the library thinkin that is what caused it! lol!!! anyway, came to check in, I applied my mix this morning and did a 15 min scalp massage.... it was amazing, thank god for good friends who love hair, cause my arms would be tired if I did it that long.

Have been on MT since my lurking days. Really do not know exactly when I started, just know it was this year.

My regime...
I use MT 3 times a week for 3 weeks a month. 2 days MT oil mixture with jo, evoo, sbo, argon oil and the Camellia oil from HennaSooq, used only on the scalp with an applicator bottle. 1 day full strength MT, only to scalp with my fingertips. The left side of my hair grows slower than the right so MT goes there 2 days of the week and skip the right. I then ponytail, baggy and head off to bed. The morning after an oil MT, cowash with whatever moisturizing condish is handy, currently in love with the SKALA Aloe masque and leave that in all day long, seal it with castor oil, put it in a bun and head off to work. Days full strength MT, put an oil mixture on my head skip the cowash and head off to work.
DC 1 day a week, because leaving the heavy moisturizer in all day, do not feel like it needs it....it'll change if the hair starts to have a problem.

Getting my henna routine into play so this regime will change when I finally get that down. The 4th week skip the MT to give myself a rest and that is the week I hope to put the henna into.

Normally do not use heat, but did it to do the length check. I only air dry (don't even own a blow dryer) and 5-6 days a week, in a bun or ponytail. The other day or 2, wash and go.

The pic is the 1st time ever to do a length check so hope it is ok for a starting point. Have a LONG way to go to get to APL but hope to be between APL and BSB by the end of the year.
If I forgot anything, please let me know.
THANKS!

Attachments

• backfront04302010.jpg
    backfront04302010.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Foufie

^^^^same here....did that last night and then moisturized with CFCG and sealed with castor. Slept in a baggie and my hair woke up happy.

Lisa

I worked at home today so I could wait for my OCT package and still missed it!! :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: I swear the Fedx man did not ring the bell. He did not put the time he came on the slip so I had to look it up on-line. I went upstairs around 4:00 and he came around 4:50!!

He normally comes between 12:30-2:30! I can't believe it was almost 5 before he came this time (and I can't believe I missed him :wallbash:).

MsPlatinumbsf

I am a side liner been using MT/OCT since 17-Apr-10. I apply it like 4 times a week. So far so good. I am 13wks post I will be keeping up with you all for tips.

Foufie

I started taking out my rows of braids and re-doing them (trying to prevent product build up). Anyway all though ALL my hair is growing the shorter side from the fiasco last month is ACTUALLY CATCHING up to the longer amazing. Using the MT on the one side worked.

divastyle2010

I started taking out my rows of braids and re-doing them (trying to prevent product build up). Anyway all though ALL my hair is growing the shorter side from the fiasco last month is ACTUALLY CATCHING up to the longer amazing. Using the MT on the one side worked.
yes mt is amazing, it was what helped me grow the hair I have after battling cancer!!! it is amazing now i'm just trying to get back to mbl where i was before i was sick, thank god i am cancer free!!!

cutiebe2

I will be starting MT again this week. I was using it at the beginning of the year but then I ran out while I was abroad. - reallly like the MT/JBCO mix and just apply that every night

I can't believe I forgot to update here with my progress! Ha and I've been blabbing non-stop about it. Anyway, I've been using MT for 11 days now. Since I apply it once a week after my wash day, I leave it in until my next wash day. Suddenly the front and sides of my hair have about a 1/4 of NG! This is huge because a few weeks ago I was worried because as always the center of my hair was growing like a weed where as these parts were at a standstill.

But my real success has been with my hairline. To be perfectly honest, my hairline was and still is somewhat jacked. The hair underneath my bangs had thinned out to form a crescent moon shape, due to the constant combing. Also the hair about an inch over on both sides of my side bang was horribly thin. This was the result of constantly scraping back my edges to form a perfect tight bun/ponytail, tight braids, wrapping my head with a cotton scarf, and just a bunch of other hair sins. Sometimes I would look in the mirror and feel like crying because of how bad it looked. A cousin of mine even once told me that my tight braids were messing up my hairline(he wasn't trying to hurt my feelings). This was like a slap because I hoped/convinced myself that no one noticed my severely damaged hairline.

Anyway fast forward to today. My hairline still needs work but it looks so much better. I wish I had taken pics! But I was so nervous about jinxing it. Sigh. Before MT I had patches that weren't bald but were extremely thin and about the size of a half dollar. Now my hair growth is taking off! I apply my mix daily to those areas and I'm finally comfortable enough to wear my hair pulled back around my dorm. Not outside yet but maybe next week? :grin:

divastyle2010

I can't believe I forgot to update here with my progress! Ha and I've been blabbing non-stop about it. Anyway, I've been using MT for 11 days now. Since I apply it once a week after my wash day, I leave it in until my next wash day. Suddenly the front and sides of my hair have about a 1/4 of NG! This is huge because a few weeks ago I was worried because as always the center of my hair was growing like a weed where as these parts were at a standstill.

But my real success has been with my hairline. To be perfectly honest, my hairline was and still is somewhat jacked. The hair underneath my bangs had thinned out to form a crescent moon shape, due to the constant combing. Also the hair about an inch over on both sides of my side bang was horribly thin. This was the result of constantly scraping back my edges to form a perfect tight bun/ponytail, tight braids, wrapping my head with a cotton scarf, and just a bunch of other hair sins. Sometimes I would look in the mirror and feel like crying because of how bad it looked. A cousin of mine even once told me that my tight braids were messing up my hairline(he wasn't trying to hurt my feelings). This was like a slap because I hoped/convinced myself that no one noticed my severely damaged hairline.

Anyway fast forward to today. My hairline still needs work but it looks so much better. I wish I had taken pics! But I was so nervous about jinxing it. Sigh. Before MT I had patches that weren't bald but were extremely thin and about the size of a half dollar. Now my hair growth is taking off! I apply my mix daily to those areas and I'm finally comfortable enough to wear my hair pulled back around my dorm. Not outside yet but maybe next week? :grin:
that is awesome!!!congrats!well gdm ladies, i washed and dc'ed after working out today, and taking out my cornrows, because my scalp was itching, im thinking growth is coming cause that is what happens before my growth spurts, but anyway im going to apply my mt mix when i rinse out my dc and air dry...

Valerie

Things are going very well with my OCT/Mega Tek, applying daily, also I am massaging as well. Something, I never really did much. It won't be long until I show my pictures in June. Blessings to everyone with their OCT/Mega growing challenge. Wish you ladies every success.

Have only put MT on once in the last 5 days because intend to henna/indigo my hair tonight and tomorrow. Won't but it back on until Saturday at the earliest as intend to DC for the next two days.
sooo glad to keep hearing about the progress and haven't thought about massaging it in, but for sure will start that on Saturday.
Continued success ladies.

hairaboutit

Hey Ladies!

Finally have some progress pics. Not sure if you can tell but I can def. tell in the health and thickness. Continuing on the MT journey and cant wait to see what the end of the year progress will look like. The time/date is cropped but the first pic is from December 09 and the second is from a few days ago.

Also change my regi again and have been following this for the last month. I plan on trying the rosewater and glycerin mix so this will probably change soon too...

Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday
1. Deep Condition under hooded dryer for 30 minutes with Nexxus Humectress (I find this gives me grrreat slip)
2. Shampoo with Nexxus Therappe (1x)
3. Apply Porosity Control following (according to directions on bottle)
4. Leave-In with Neutrogena Triple Moisture Silk Touch
4. Apply Mega-Tek to scalp only using color applicator bottle
5. Seal with Carrot Oil (applied to last 2-3 inches)

Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday
1. Moisturize with Luster’s S-Curl No Drip (applied to the length of the hair)
2. Seal with Carrot Oil (applied to last 2-3 inches)

HHG

Attachments

• CIMG1717(2).jpg
    CIMG1717(2).jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 17
  • CIMG4682.JPG
    CIMG4682.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

hairaboutit

Have been on MT since my lurking days. Really do not know exactly when I started, just know it was this year.

My regime...
I use MT 3 times a week for 3 weeks a month. 2 days MT oil mixture with jo, evoo, sbo, argon oil and the Camellia oil from HennaSooq, used only on the scalp with an applicator bottle. 1 day full strength MT, only to scalp with my fingertips. The left side of my hair grows slower than the right so MT goes there 2 days of the week and skip the right. I then ponytail, baggy and head off to bed. The morning after an oil MT, cowash with whatever moisturizing condish is handy, currently in love with the SKALA Aloe masque and leave that in all day long, seal it with castor oil, put it in a bun and head off to work. Days full strength MT, put an oil mixture on my head skip the cowash and head off to work.
DC 1 day a week, because leaving the heavy moisturizer in all day, do not feel like it needs it....it'll change if the hair starts to have a problem.

Getting my henna routine into play so this regime will change when I finally get that down. The 4th week skip the MT to give myself a rest and that is the week I hope to put the henna into.

Normally do not use heat, but did it to do the length check. I only air dry (don't even own a blow dryer) and 5-6 days a week, in a bun or ponytail. The other day or 2, wash and go.

The pic is the 1st time ever to do a length check so hope it is ok for a starting point. Have a LONG way to go to get to APL but hope to be between APL and BSB by the end of the year.
If I forgot anything, please let me know.
THANKS!

Your hair is beautiful and thick!

Last edited:

divastyle2010

checkin in:i just finish working out!!! it's part of me getting healthy and part of my hair growing regimen... i rinsed my cornrows after and applied my conditioner leave-in mix I made and will be moisturizing and sealing and baggying once it dries some.i already applied my mt mix tho!

divastyle2010

i applied my mt mix to my cornrows and i moisturized sealed and baggied for 4hours today(my shortest time everr)but tomorrow is wash day, and my cornrows only have been up a week and already look like its been up for 2 months,crazy growth!
Without further or do checkin in: okay so i have been washing weekly, keeping my hair in cornrows under my half wig, baggying 5-7 days a week, apply my mn mix every other day and my mt on the opposite days, i have been exercising monday thru friday and I found anew product that was only a dollar and i waited a month to test it and wanted to let u guys know about, i mean i have been using it in my nape area with no other products just to see how good it is i found it at dollar tree, and it was a dollar okay!!! so here we grow the name of the company is sulfur solutions it has a white applicator bottle red top, yellow blue N black label its called hair serum complex its for permed, relaxed, natural, bleached dry hair and scalp. it's 100% effective or ur money back!(but it's a dollar what do you have to loose!)and you get 4oz and u only need a little. it smooths split ends,helps restore lost oils,gives volume and sheen and is alcohol free, it goes on smooth and and dries tack free. it controls frizzies,conditions, and adds sheen.(reading from the bottle) directions say: shake well, apply small amount at roots gently massage into scalp until product is penetrated style hair as usual.
okay so we want to kno the ingredients right!!! here we go!
first ingredient >aloe vera gel, propylene glycol,polyquaternium 7, centrimonium chloride, glycerine,hydroxyethyl cellulose,guar hydroxypropl diammonium chlorids, oleh-20,fragrance, avocado oil, jojoba oil, edta, methlyparaben, propylparaben, dmdm hydantoin,phosphoric acid,silk amino acids, keratin protein,wheat grem oil, yellow 5,red 4. those are the indegredients in that order it is awesome n only a buck, and it has alot of great ingredients, and no mineral oil or petrolieum. so i hope u guys can find it!!!(especially with 8 booming ingredients!)
oh and im also taking my one a day multivitamin!

i applied my mt mix to my cornrows and i moisturized sealed and baggied for 4hours today(my shortest time everr)but tomorrow is wash day, and my cornrows only have been up a week and already look like its been up for 2 months,crazy growth!
Without further or do checkin in: okay so i have been washing weekly, keeping my hair in cornrows under my half wig, baggying 5-7 days a week, apply my mn mix every other day and my mt on the opposite days, i have been exercising monday thru friday and I found anew product that was only a dollar and i waited a month to test it and wanted to let u guys know about, i mean i have been using it in my nape area with no other products just to see how good it is i found it at dollar tree, and it was a dollar okay!!! so here we grow the name of the company is sulfur solutions it has a white applicator bottle red top, yellow blue N black label its called hair serum complex its for permed, relaxed, natural, bleached dry hair and scalp. it's 100% effective or ur money back!(but it's a dollar what do you have to loose!)and you get 4oz and u only need a little. it smooths split ends,helps restore lost oils,gives volume and sheen and is alcohol free, it goes on smooth and and dries tack free. it controls frizzies,conditions, and adds sheen.(reading from the bottle) directions say: shake well, apply small amount at roots gently massage into scalp until product is penetrated style hair as usual.
okay so we want to kno the ingredients right!!! here we go!
first ingredient >aloe vera gel, propylene glycol,polyquaternium 7, centrimonium chloride, glycerine,hydroxyethyl cellulose,guar hydroxypropl diammonium chlorids, oleh-20,fragrance, avocado oil, jojoba oil, edta, methlyparaben, propylparaben, dmdm hydantoin,phosphoric acid,silk amino acids, keratin protein,wheat grem oil, yellow 5,red 4. those are the indegredients in that order it is awesome n only a buck, and it has alot of great ingredients, and no mineral oil or petrolieum. so i hope u guys can find it!!!(especially with 8 booming ingredients!)
oh and im also taking my one a day multivitamin!
Do you think you can show a picture of the bottle...and is the name of the product ~ Sulfur Solutions?

Put indigo on my hair Friday and then dc with Aloe Vera SKALA Saturday and then on Sunday did a mixture of SKALA Aloe and C3. Tonight, used MT full strength only on the scalp and put the C3 leave in on the ends ~ then my usualy 6 squirts of the HS14 and sealed with CO.
Massaged in the MT, baggied the head and am ready for beddie bye!

divastyle2010

Do you think you can show a picture of the bottle...and is the name of the product ~ Sulfur Solutions?
I am not home to post a pic, i don't have my camera, but i have a solution, google sulfur solutions and it will come up under the lhcf boards with a pic. it's two different types, but i like the one i described best!