***OFFICIAL OCT/MT Growth Challenge 2010*** January 1st Starting Pictures

hairaboutit

Foufie- Glad the itching has stopped :yep:
aa9746- Congrats on your closing!!! :thumbsup:

Just checking in...Our first official length check is in 10 days and I'm soooo excited to see how everyone is progressing. The past few weeks I've been experiencing hairexia and I had to blowdry :hide: to make sure I was getting results.

I tried my first co-wash (off my regular reggie) last week and It didn't go all that well but I got some great advice from the ladies (possibly u). I think I'll try it out after I finish this challenge...I think I got so caught up in the co-wash threads that I jumped right on the bandwagon :cowgirl:

Hope u all are growing well...See u in 10 DAYS :bouncy:

grow

hi ladies!

checking in!
i've been using the mt regularly and it is dilluted with water and jbco.

sometimes my scalp itches a bit, too, but it's usually only right after i've applied this and my hair is still damp.
after it's dry, the itching goes away.

HHJ!

hairaboutit

Guess I'm not the only one late w/ updated pics. I'm under the dryer now and I'll be posting my 3month progress pics later today or tomorrow at the lateset....Where are u ladies w/ the progress pics? I'm eagerly awaiting some Grrrreat results...

Foufie

okay so I know I have growth! How much I don't know because I still haven't straightened But I am pulling my curls (at the nape and near the ears) down at 3/4" inch more than before I started MT. I use my tat for measurement. Unfortunately I had a detangling mishap yesterday morning and I lost some hair. I wanted to cry and I found it wasn't as much as I thought. So I quickly slapped in a pony after untangling that mess and then I got I really looked at it and figured it is a SMALL setback and it will grow again.

Valerie

I have been using Ovation hair products for over two weeks now, I love how my twists feel, they feel very soft. I will update with pictures, before and after!
Blessings to everyone doing the challenge.

Valerie

MY ROUTINE

Weekly
I wash my hair at night with Kiehl's Olive Fruit oil, Nourishing shampoo, then apply OCT to my roots, scalp and length of my hair, cover with a plastic cap and leave on overnight, the next day, I remove my plastic cap and cover my hair with creme rinse and rinse off. I towel dry my hair, then I apply Kiehl's Olive Fruit oil deeply repairative hair pak, and leave on for five minutes, then rinse off.

I style my hair with a mixture of Ovation creme rinse, castor oil and aloe vera gel.

Daily
I rinse my hair with a mixture of L'oreal Elvive conditioner, Ovation creme rinse, glycerine, rosewater and water. Also I apply my OCT/MT mixture, which contains castor oil, glycerine, rosewater, MSM, sulphur, garlic powder, Vitamin E, Evening primrose, essential oils, peppermint and lavender.

Last edited:

aa9746

MY ROUTINE

Weekly
I wash my hair at night with Kiehl's Olive Fruit oil, Nourishing shampoo, then apply OCT to my roots, scalp and length of my hair, cover with a plastic cap and leave on overnight, the next day, I remove my plastic cap and cover my hair with creme rinse and rinse off. I towel dry my hair, then I apply Kiehl's Olive Fruit oil deeply repairative hair pak, and leave on for five minutes, then rinse off.

I style my hair with a mixture of Ovation creme rinse, castor oil and aloe vera gel.

Daily
I rinse my hair with a mixture of L'oreal Elvive conditioner, Ovation creme rinse, glycerine, rosewater and water. Also I apply my OCT/MT mixture, which contains castor oil, glycerine, rosewater, MSM, sulphur, garlic powder, Vitamin E, Evening primrose, essential oils, peppermint and lavender.

Great regi!!

Foufie

SInce the setback with the detangling a couple weeks ago, I have decided to apply MT only to the side that lost hair in an attempt to catch up with the other side. I will keep you updated on my results.

grow

i haven't posted here in a while, but i have been using MT rather regularly.

i won't really know any results until i perm because i'm almost 14 wks post and my ng is creating incredible shrinkage.

seeing the shrinkage almost depresses me because it makes my hair look shorter than when i first started using MT! (yeah, it's supposed to get LONGER, right? lol!)

within the next 2-3 weeks, i will perm and hopefully have some conclusive and positive information about my first try with the MT!

HHJ ladies!

divastyle2010

hi, newbie here, is it to late to join the challenge? i been using megatek since january and now i introduced mn to it also!!!!:lick:

FlawedBeauty

im not in this but i see no one has responded so i say why not start your own for the second half of the year?! dont be shy lol :)

My Friend

I thought this challenge was for the entire year anyway. Is this true?

It looks like it is??????

Check-In Dates:
January 1st Starting Pictures
April 1st (3 month progress)
July 1st (6 month progress)
October 1st (9 month progress)
December 20th Final Reveal

divastyle2010

Checkin in:
Whether I am in or not , I applied my mt/mn/sulfur 8 mix this morning. I washed and deep condition and moisturized and sealed and baggy right now, on my cornrows I did yesterday. :grin:

PocketVenus

Officially withdrawing guys. I'm seriously slacking off with this. I mean, I'll still keep up with it, but I don't think any of my results or lack of thereof, could be accurately attributed to my MT use.
Keep on keeping on though!

grow

this morning, before i got too busy to forget to use it, first thing off, i put my MT mix using my applicator bottle in through my roots.

i know it's hard to keep up with all of this, PoketVenus, and many times, i slack off too, but just try to get back to it little by little, even if only once a week or once a month.

forgive yourself and try to get back with it whenever you can.

we'll be here waiting for ya!

divastyle2010

I am applying my mix as we speak, I just finished a big move from Michigan to Virginia Beach so I will be a little busy for a min.... But I am still on it!!!

Foufie

Great news ladies....the left side of my hair seems to be catching up with the right using MT on the left only every other day!