What styles give you the most knots and splits?

melodies815

Just curious....

Do braidouts and twistouts give everyone bad tangles even if they re-braid or re-twist at night???

I out on a whole lot of shea butter, and that, for whatever reason, keeps my ends happy. I retwist every single night and my knots are not a concern as long as I do that. I just want to re-emphasize the fact that heavy shea butter has made my ends more happy and less likely to knot. Coupled with twisting nightly or wearing twists and not taking down, shea butter as a heavy "ends-assistant" has been great. I am considering vaseline too as it gets longer. Don't shoot me. :blush:

cj

LushLox

I did pin curls earlier in the week, it frizzed up my ends something horrible. I've been keeping my ends as moist as possible.

SelahOco

Just curious....

Do braidouts and twistouts give everyone bad tangles even if they re-braid or re-twist at night???

I out on a whole lot of shea butter, and that, for whatever reason, keeps my ends happy. I retwist every single night and my knots are not a concern as long as I do that. I just want to re-emphasize the fact that heavy shea butter has made my ends more happy and less likely to knot. Coupled with twisting nightly or wearing twists and not taking down, shea butter as a heavy "ends-assistant" has been great. I am considering vaseline too as it gets longer. Don't shoot me. :blush:

cj

I tried that and my hair was so dry and breaking. I used Karen on it first then sealed with the Vaseline. Horrible. It works for some.

My hair was wet tho, maybe that hurt the process some.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I would say any non-protective style such as the afro, puff, braidout, twistout, wash n go... however, I think the majority of splits I've gotten came from dry combing and heat usage.

finickyone

Just curious....

cj

I'm going to try the heavy shea butter. I always re-twist or flat twist my hair each night. I am completely natural in the front & in the back of my head & that is where I am having the most problems with the knots. The top & sides of my head still have some relaxed ends & I don't have as much problems with that. I should just cut it off but I need that extra length so that I can tease it to add more volume to my hair. If I put the ends on rollers, it blends perfectly.