When did we start accepting hair that was....

Subscribe

......damaged from heat, chemicals and/or tension alopecia as ok to flaunt in our community?

I asked because I recently just returned from a short visit to the midwest and I was shocked by the number of women/girls I saw with hairlines starting at their ears :look: some of them even attempted to have "baby hair" over their ears. One girl had rhinestones glued along her no edges edges.

Some of the non hair board members ( I hope), hair was so dry, it looked ashy.

I'm not saying you should hide in hole because of course it's just hair:rolleyes:
but it just seems like it's the new normal, is it?

Disclaimer: I'm not talking about people with medical conditions or hair loss due to medicine. I'm also not posting pictures because I know it offends some members on this board.

LdyKamz

I'm not sure what you mean by when it became acceptable?

People wear their hair any way they want to. There are plenty of women walking around with see through ends, lonely tails (the sad version of ponytails) that they refuse to get rid of, horrible weaves. Those are things I see all the time. But trust no one is celebrating them. lol

Holla

Since Susan Taylor started posting her moving hairline on Essence and hasn't stopped showing it.

This ain't nothing new.

Subscribe

I'm not sure what you mean by when it became acceptable?

People wear their hair any way they want to. There are plenty of women walking around with see through ends, lonely tails (the sad version of ponytails) that they refuse to get rid of, horrible weaves. Those are things I see all the time. But trust no one is celebrating them. lol

Lol. See through ends and a hairline that starts at your ear is not the same to me :nono:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
But how is this affecting you, your hair and your life? Not at all right?

I think when we are on a hair journey, we set people on a higher standard with their hair when in all honesty they may think it's the bomb. If they like it, then I love it. Color, heat, relaxers...if that's what it takes to make them feel beautiful...then God speed. Rhinestones and all lol

Last edited: