Which one is hardest on your hair? Winter or Summer?

Which season is worst for your hair?

• Winter

Votes: 218 68.6%
  • Summer

Votes: 60 18.9%
  • Neither both are fine

Votes: 40 12.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:wallbash::wallbash: My hair HATES the summer, it makes my hair sooo DEHYRATED!! My hair get angry with me and forces me to wash my hair more often!

My hair is absolutely LOVESSSS winter because it makes my hair sooooo SOFT and SILKY!! :yep::yep:

chebaby

winter is harder on my hair because i never wear protective styles during the winter so my hair is always rubbing up against my coat or scarf. also my hair was dry because i hadnt been into hair care like i am now.

HighlyFavored1

Winter never fails to take its toll on my hair. I am currently living in the northeast and the combination of scarves rubbing my hair, wind drying my hair out, etc... I just always have breakage. I also tend to wear my hair straightened and down a lot more in the winter, while I cowash and bun more during the hot summer. Hopefully after I move to a milder climate this year that will help.

locabouthair

Winter never fails to take its toll on my hair. I am currently living in the northeast and the combination of scarves rubbing my hair, wind drying my hair out, etc... I just always have breakage. I also tend to wear my hair straightened and down a lot more in the winter, while I cowash and bun more during the hot summer. Hopefully after I move to a milder climate this year that will help.

I love your hair!

Ok, i'm feeling my hair right now and summer is definitely the harshest. At least this summer. I have a bad case of dry frizzy ends right now.

Simply_Kelz

Summer.

I don't wear hats and rarely scarves .. I'm a coat and gloves person so the winter air damage can be prevented with 2 DC's a week.

Summer- Stretching, sweating, and skipping a cowash leaves my hair mad at me. The dry heat, mixed with wanting to be cute:nono: I pay ALOT of attention to my newgrowth ..

MizAvalon

I am new here, BTW, and I love reading what you ladies have to say!

For me, winter is the harshest. My hair gets soooooooooooo dry and it seems like I can never keep it moisturized enough. I try not to wear too many tight fitting hats or caps because I used to do that in high school and it would break my hair off everywhere!!!

Welcome! :wave:

charmtreese

Since I seem to get my growth spurt between August and December, It's kindof hard to say. I think I have an easier time with my hair during the cooler months. When it's hot out, the sweat and heat, have me working overtime on keeping my hair moist. In the winter I just keep my humidifier plugged in and Im good to go!

Highly Favored8

Summer is hardest for me b/c I sweat alot and I exercise more often. Even if I get a lot of new growth. In Florida it is either hot/ cool so winter is not too bad here for me on some days. Summer here is hard on my hair. If I style my hair in the summer it just puffs out. In the Winter I can style it and it stays. So, I am the opposite so far.

Cichelle

Winter, by a long shot. But I'm moving to a warmer climate soon, so I hope my hair has an easier time of it.

skipper

that's a hard question. For me it doesn't matter which season, so much as where I am in the world during that season ... .

ita, i think i might have to do my first self relax here in switzerland because my hair is freaking out. but my hair likes winter much more im not as active in the winter so i dont have to mess with it as much where as in the summer im always out running around and in the water plus you dont get much of a winter in california.

youwillrise

i had promised myself that i would stay in protectives all year
but when summer came around, i thought i could get away
with wearing wash and goes every day

not for me.

my hair does not like to be out in any weather, i guess.

i'm not saying summer is harder than winter...i just let my "guard" down
and assumed that it would be ok to not be as careful in the summer as i was in the winter.

sunshinebeautiful

Definitely winter. Sometimes it seems like I can't keep my hair moisturized for nothing. :nono:

this won't be a problem any more since I've moved to an area with milder winters. :drunk:

TLC1020

Summer is fine on my hair, it's the winter that dries my hair out b/c it get so cold here in the midwest... That's why I wear a bun almost all the time during the fall/winter months. August 10th I started back wearing my bun :drunk:

BostonMaria

I'd say the winter - Don't care what anybody says... when I do wash-n-go's in the winter I get a really bad cold. Happened to me last year. Summer is hard on my straight hair so I just avoid that all together.

gloomgeisha

Neither. I just butter my ends up in the winter and I'm good to go.

I think this is how my hair functions too. As long as I keep my ends buttered/oiled up my hair thrives.

Unfortunately, I can't wear it out all the time, it just really doesn't like it no matter what season it is.

naturalgurl

Thanks for this thread. This will be my first winter with my hair knowledge. Usually my hair is in twists or something for the winter. Never noticed if it were dry or not in the winter. I at least know what to do i.e butter the ends. Thanks Pokahontas for that tip!

adf23

*for me* its summer. I manipulate my hair alot more in the summer, even if its just co-washing and bunning. In the winter, I may use heat, but I can do it once and my hair stays due to the lack of humidity in the air. As long as I oil my ends I am fine in the winter.

Aggie

I voted for winter definitely for me. Our air here in the Bahamas is a little dryer than our summers which is filled with a nice humidity that seems to keep my hair hydrated especially when I put the humectant honeyquat in my products. Winter dries out my hair too much and I find that I have to keep my hair in protective styles throughout it.

BostonMaria

I voted for winter definitely for me. Our air here in the Bahamas is a little dryer than our summers which is filled with a nice humidity that seems to keep my hair hydrated especially when I put the humectant honeyquat in my products. Winter dries out my hair too much and I find that I have to keep my hair in protective styles throughout it.

You live in the Bahamas? :sad: Damn I'm jealous!

I'm actually looking forward to the winter - first time in my life - so I can wear my hair straight and it'll stay that way. I'll never forget when I paid $30 back in June to get my hair done and a few minutes later my hair looked like Chaka Khan.

RedVelvet310

whoops I chose summer instead of winter :blush:, but yah winter is the harest, my hair loves warm weather (it stays moisturized longer)

PRhair

*for me* its summer. I manipulate my hair alot more in the summer, even if its just co-washing and bunning. In the winter, I may use heat, but I can do it once and my hair stays due to the lack of humidity in the air. As long as I oil my ends I am fine in the winter.

The same for me in the summer. Also, during the summer the pool, the beach, and all of the sweating is hard on my hair. As long as I moisturize my hair does much better in the winter.

Aggie

You live in the Bahamas? :sad: Damn I'm jealous!

I'm actually looking forward to the winter - first time in my life - so I can wear my hair straight and it'll stay that way. I'll never forget when I paid $30 back in June to get my hair done and a few minutes later my hair looked like Chaka Khan.

:lachen:, I don't know anything about that, but the thought of you standing there looking like a 1985 version of Chaka Khan is hilarious:rofl3: , especially right after a fresh hair day at the salon:grin:. Hooo, okay, thanks for the laugh honey. Ima catch my breath in a minute:drunk:.

Ballerina_Bun

"There's never a bad season(winter or summer) .. just improper haircare and products"

That's my story and I'm sticking to it ... that is until I come in here again talking about how my day at the beach fried my hair
:lachen::look:

bonnienb

I vote summer.
My hair grows faster in the summer, but the humidty makes my hair so uncontrollably frizzy! It doesn't matter if I just had it flat ironed....like BostonMaria, It turns into this Chaka Khan fro....and my hair is thin and texlaxed.

However in the winter its like I have a different head of hair...more shine, lil to no frizz. I think the colder drier air loosens the texture somehow also.

Kurlee

Summer! My hair is drya nd won't behave. I like October thru May for my hair because I have no problems:yep:

AshMoBev

Definitely SUMMER!!!!! Its Such a chore to keep it moist amidst the dry weather. Cali had a pretty hot summer this year too...ugggh and the HUMIDITY! OMG! total frizz

chebaby

i actually dont know. my hair has never reverted in the summer and before lhcf i wore my hair the same all year around. but i may have to say winter just because of the wool coats and scarfs that can cause breakage.