Whoo Hooo!!! "Relaxing Tonite At 24 Weeks Post"

SHEANITPRO

This is my 2nd longest stretch in two years. The other longest stretch was 15 weeks, and ended July 3rd of this year, at which time I reached (BSL).

My hair has grown long, thick, and beautiful...the longest it has ever been thanks to LHCF. My prior stretches had been 12 weeks in duration.

I plan on getting a relaxer tonite, at 24 weeks post. The new growth is insane, at least 3 1/2 inches, unstretched. I've have had to oil my scalp for the first time in 2 years, to keep the new growth moist, and I continue to c.o. wash weekly, and baggy nightly. So far so good….

I will post pics after the relaxer. I cannot wait!

I plan to only perm 2 x’s a year from 2009 on.

Are there any other ladies doing relaxers only 2 times a year? What have been your challenges, or successes.

Jadore_tay

Congrats on this. I'm currently 12 weeks post and I do not feel the need to relax yet because I am able to manage the new growth I think I might stretch until 20 weeks

hairsothick

Black and Magical
Congrats! I'm relaxing on Friday. This is my first 12 week stretch and I'll be just as excited as you when I relax. I want to work my way up to only 2 or 3 relaxers a year, but I'm doing it very slowly.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I relaxed 2x my 1st year HCJ, but my hair was break at the demarcation. Congrats to you, cant wait to see pics...

Son26

Wow. Congrats. I'm only 8 weeks post and I was worried that I wouldn't be able to make it to 11 weeks. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Qualitee

Gurl I know how you feel when you finally relax after along time of stretching. I relax 3 times a year. Congrats!

Last edited:

Lady Esquire

This is my 2nd longest stretch in two years. The other longest stretch was 15 weeks, and ended July 3rd of this year, at which time I reached (BSL).

My hair has grown long, thick, and beautiful...the longest it has ever been thanks to LHCF. My prior stretches had been 12 weeks in duration.

I plan on getting a relaxer tonite, at 24 weeks post. The new growth is insane, at least 3 1/2 inches, unstretched. I've have had to oil my scalp for the first time in 2 years, to keep the new growth moist, and I continue to c.o. wash weekly, and baggy nightly. So far so good….

Are there any other ladies doing relaxers only 2 times a year? What have been your challenges, or successes.

ITpro, go on! 24 weeks...now that's a stretch! :clap: My plan was to only relax 2x this year too, but I have company staying for Xmas and New Years, so I'm going to relax this weekend, (my 3rd this year).

Post pics!

Platinum

Congratulations!:congrats: I did a 24 week stretch earlier this year. I wasn't easy but I made. Great job. Keep up the good work.

BlackPearl1

Congrats!! :band2::band: I'm so happy for you. Can't wait to see your results. I have an other month :nono: before I finish my six month relaxer stretch :spinning:.

LovinLea

Whoo! I'm excited with you. I know the pics are gonna be great.

I'm 9 weeks post and I like to hear about super-stretchers. It keeps me going.

ajacks

Congrats on such a successful stretch. This is the first year I ever stretched for 6-months (relaxed in January and July) and the only way I survived it without breakage or a setback was with the help of a sew-in.

ckn

Your patience and progress is awesome!!! You're helping encourage me to stretch really long too. I'm only 7 week post right now, but I plan on only relaxing my hair only 3x's in 2009. Can't wait to see your pics!!!

lisana

congratulations! It is definitely worth it. I will be at 26 weeks tomorrow and I'm going back and forth between stretching and transitioning. If I do decide to relax again, i think it will only be twice a year. My hair is so much stronger and thicker this way.

vestaluv1

Yep! I've only had one realxer this year (a little excessive I know), but I'm planning to have 2 relaxers per year also. Since my last relaxer was in October, I'm trying to hold out until March for the next one.

Congrats on such a long stretch. I swear by it (for my hair) for length retention and health.

Now where the pics at :look:!

:grin:

Congrats!! It is definitely worth it to stretch, if you can manage it. Its almost like your hair gets a little stronger. Last year I went for 24 weeks and after I relaxed I was an inch above BSL, I started off SL. Im relaxing this weekend also, after a 18 week stretch!!!

Divine_Order

That's great! I'm on my 18th week now. I can honestly say I haven't had any problems. Mainly because I braid my hair up at night and wear a wavy pony in the morning...so that newgrowth fits right in with the look. I was just gonna go for 20 weeks....but I think I'll try for 26:spinning:

Now....~patiently waits for pictures~

:grin:

hairsothick

Black and Magical
We want pics, we want pics, we want pics! Hahaha

I'm super excited because my ORS lye-relaxer stuff came today. I'm not going to open the box because if I do, that ish will be on my head tonight and my scalp isn't ready.