Why can't I get 2nd day curls?

biancaelyse

I use a good leave in, a bit of light oil like grapeseed and a semi-firm gel like Eco styler whenever I cowash.

The gel helps me to have decent curls 2nd day and beyond. I'm wearing 3rd day hair in my siggy pic.

C(squared)

For me, the most I can get is 3rd day curls. To do this, I sleep with my sides clipped up like a mohawk. This way I can sleep on my sides without disrupting my curl pattern too much. In the morning, I take the clips down and pull down my hair.

iri9109

I totally feel your pain!! I've tried everything to get mine to last.. i've twisted and braided with eco styler gel, twist and loc gel, styling foam and nothing works.. it looks nice the first day and the second day not so nice! I've decided that it doesn't last because my hair is so short.. I think that once I gain more length it will last longer.

How long is your hair?

thats funny, b/c i think the reason that i can stretch my WnGs for 5+days if i wanted to is b/c my hair is short, and that when it gets longer i wont be able to do that. i after i cowash i rinse most of the conditioner out and then seal with and oil (aussie moist &castor oil is my fave) and then i do another light cool water rinse over that and then shake out the excess water (perfect curls/coils form, and helps clumping) and then i air dry (but you could probably diffuse too) and then at night i tie the front up with a silk/satin scarf, but leave the back out (i probably shouldnt, but satin caps just crush my hair), and then in the morning i spray with water/condish & shake, or i might rinse a little cool water over it and then shake again...also when i used to baggy i could stretch my WnGs 4ever, but its to hot to be sleeping in a plastic cap lol

EllePixie

@ronalisa What did you set your braid out with? Have you tried a product with a heavier butter or beeswax, or honey? Did I miss that post - sometimes I'm slow!

@MadisonK Yes pics please!

ronalisa

@EllePixie - Yes I tried Miss Jessie's Buttercreme alone, I tried Buttercreme with gel, I tried Lottabody. The only thing I haven't tried is beeswax. It's strange because when I freshly take braids out there's lots of definition but within an hour or a few it turns mush (even without sleeping on them). I'm thinking it has to be the humidity. The only method that comes close to working is when I coat my hair with gel or conditioner, which seems to protect it from the elements. I purchased a generic version of Paul Mitchell's skinny serum from Sally's, I hear it stops the frizz. I will try this weekend.