Why the heck is Ateya ripping out her hair like this?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quita3514

I personally love ateya youtube channel..I think her hair is very beautiful and hey it works for her..I also took a lot of her ideas and incorporated them into my regimen but I also did reasearch as well to make sure I was using the right methods..at the end of the day its just hair and if she chooses to comb her hair or condition it a certain way that's why its HER hair and not yours...their always different ways and methods to do a lot of things to your hair...if she not experiencing any breakage or complaining about anything than what's the problem..we as women need to support each other more that sister is doing it big and she has a lot of subscribers as well so she must be doing something right...big ups to ateya keep doing what you do!

www.startinfromsquareone.blogspot.com

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
I just wanted to make another comment on the "She's doing what works for her" sayings. Yes, she's doing what works for her, but if I remember correctly in one of her first vids "My Hair Regimen," she says that she wants to show people how to get healthy hair. That's kind of contradicting, don't you think? People in here made the defense that Ateya never made it known that she wanted healthy hair (only styling), yet in one of her earlier vids she clearly states that she's trying to teach others how to get healthy hair with HER regimen. As far as styling, she clearly has it down and can do well with the STYLING, but as far as truly healthy...that's a bit of a stretch.

BTW, I wonder why ApHogee never sponsored her. She caused a big boom in their sales, I'm sure.

Last edited:

Kacie

Good strategy by the mods to let folks run themselves out of gas on this subject...if that's possible :ohwell:

msbettyboop

I still can't believe I made it to the end of this funny mess before it was poofed:lachen::lachen::lachen:. thank you people for a lively day. Carry on!!!

Solitude

I just wanted to make another comment on the "She's doing what works for her" sayings. Yes, she's doing what works for her, but if I remember correctly in one of her first vids "My Hair Regimen," she says that she wants to show people how to get healthy hair. That's kind of contradicting, don't you think? People in here made the defense that Ateya never made it known that she wanted healthy hair (only styling), yet in one of her earlier vids she clearly states that she's trying to teach others how to get healthy hair with HER regimen. As far as styling, she clearly has it down and can do well with the STYLING, but as far as truly healthy...that's a bit of a stretch.

BTW, I wonder why ApHogee never sponsored her. She caused a big boom in their sales, I'm sure.

Ateeya's hair is clearly healthy.

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
Ateeya's hair is clearly healthy.

I guess healthy is subjective. Maybe her newgrowth is healthy, but I wouldn't consider her ends to be. It may appear to be because of the swang movement, but I dunno. When *I* think of healthy relaxed, I think of someone like MacherieAmour from HealthyTextures who can achieve the "swang" without using 3 forms of direct heat every single week. We all know what heat can do to ones hair if abused.

Solitude

I guess healthy is subjective. Maybe her newgrowth is healthy, but I wouldn't consider her ends to be. It may appear to be because of the swang movement, but I dunno. When *I* think of healthy relaxed, I think of someone like MacherieAmour from HealthyTextures who can achieve the "swang" without using 3 forms of direct heat every single week. We all know what heat can do to ones hair if abused.

I learned how to rollerset from Macherie and I love her hair - but she doesn't need a lot of heat because she relaxes her hair bone straight every couple of months like clockwork. Macherie also rollersets (one form of indirect heat), and then blows out her roots with a blow dryer (a second form of heat). She might follow with saran wrap (a third form of heat).

Ateeya protective styles like 95% of the time, trims her ends regularly, and now stretches her relaxers. She also stated in that video that she washes her hair twice a month, so she is not using three types of heat every week. I use more heat than Ateeya and my hair, as well as my ends, are healthy.

You're right about it being subjective. Some people will see only negativity because they choose to do so. There is another youtuber that I find ridiculously annoying, but I cannot knock her long, gorgeous, healthy hair.

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
I learned how to rollerset from Macherie and I love her hair - but she doesn't need a lot of heat because she relaxes her hair bone straight every couple of months like clockwork. Macherie also rollersets (one form of indirect heat), and then blows out her roots with a blow dryer (a second form of heat). She might follow with saran wrap (a third form of heat).

Ateeya protective styles like 95% of the time, trims her ends regularly, and now stretches her relaxers. She also stated in that video that she washes her hair twice a month, so she is not using three types of heat every week. I use more heat than Ateeya and my hair, as well as my ends, are healthy.

You're right about it being subjective. Some people will see only negativity because they choose to do so. There is another youtuber that I find ridiculously annoying, but I cannot knock her long, gorgeous, healthy hair.

From what I remember seeing of Ateya's vids a couple years ago, she wasn't stretching her relaxers. She was relaxing her hair like every month or so and still using large amounts of heat. What she's doing now, I don't know cause her target audience is not me. I just know now what I saw on this 6-month stretch vid that was posted on LHCF, and I admitted once before in another thread that her hair looks better now that she's stretching her relaxers. I don't think her hair has reached it's full potential that it could. I mean, she's ripping her hair out for goodness sake with the comb, and you think that's healthy? MarcherieAmour only uses 1 form of direct heat and the other 2 are indirect forms of heat. I'm not gonna bother and comment on your implication of "only finding negativity because one chooses to do so." I don't see what was so negative about stating the obvious.

I swear, y'all. I find it funny how it's okay for a member to talk sh!t about another member's hair in this thread and have folks all instigating and laughing and swinging on ceiling fans, posting gifs and ish, yet as soon as someone makes an observation about Ateya's hair, folks wanna act like we kill babies. Hell naw.

My Friend

One of the most visited websites these days is youtube. The multi billion dollar
Channel views: A youtube partner will make $.01 per channel view. If a channel has 1,000,000 channel views, the person will make $10,000.
.01*3,633,621= to date she has made 36,336.21 total (not per

Antione Dobson video got 65 million views how much did he and the brothers make?

jamaicalovely

Did I miss something? :ohwell:

What on earth is going on in here? Weren't talking about the girl's hair video.

Sigh...off to read this longggg thread.

empressri

some of yall are BAD must have fourwallitis and stuck inside from the snow.

whurr my belt?!

*im coming back for alla these gifs*

Last edited:

Solitude

From what I remember seeing of Ateya's vids a couple years ago, she wasn't stretching her relaxers. She was relaxing her hair like every month or so and still using large amounts of heat. What she's doing now, I don't know cause her target audience is not me. I just know now what I saw on this 6-month stretch vid that was posted on LHCF, and I admitted once before in another thread that her hair looks better now that she's stretching her relaxers. I don't think her hair has reached it's full potential that it could. I mean, she's ripping her hair out for goodness sake with the comb, and you think that's healthy? MarcherieAmour only uses 1 form of direct heat and the other 2 are indirect forms of heat. I'm not gonna bother and comment on your implication of "only finding negativity because one chooses to do so." I don't see what was so negative about stating the obvious.

I swear, y'all. I find it funny how it's okay for a member to talk sh!t about another member's hair in this thread and have folks all instigating and laughing and swinging on ceiling fans, posting gifs and ish, yet as soon as someone makes an observation about Ateya's hair, folks wanna act like we kill babies. Hell naw.

I could care less about the e-drama with folks talking about the LHCF poster's hair because she pretty much handled that situation. She didn't need me for e-back-up. I don't do the GIFs even though I find them hilarious.

I have no idea what the phrase killing babies means & I'm so over the gigantic egos of the popular posters here on LHCF.

Some of y'all have plenty of hair/body/personality issues that you could be worrying about instead of Ateeya. I don't stan for anybody except for myself and my child.

Last edited:

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
One of the most visited websites these days is youtube. The multi billion dollar
Channel views: A youtube partner will make $.01 per channel view. If a channel has 1,000,000 channel views, the person will make $10,000.
.01*3,633,621= to date she has made 36,336.21 total (not per

Antione Dobson video got 65 million views how much did he and the brothers make?

A person has to be a partner first

EllePixie

A person has to be a partner first

That isn't true. Even if you are not partner, if you get a video that has a lot of views, YouTube will contact you to apply for revenue sharing on that specific video. You can then make money off of that video, but not your channel as a whole.

LushLox

Just to point out that Macherie (according to her website) relaxes every 12-16 weeks.

I have a 4a/b relaxed hair. I relax every 12-16 weeks with Vitale or Affirm and trim my ends every 8-10 weeks.

DrC

There is somebody out there right now trying Ateeya's "Rip My Hair Back and Forth" method :lachen: I still don't understand what the hype is about Ateeya :perplexed:

Every time I've seen a thread on here about her, its usually not positive...unless I missed that one.

NicWhite

There is somebody out there right now trying Ateeya's "Rip My Hair Back and Forth" method :lachen: I still don't understand what the hype is about Ateeya :perplexed:

Every time I've seen a thread on here about her, its usually not positive...unless I missed that one.

^^^ :peek: Just came in to :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: :dighole:
*Okay, quietly goes back to work*

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14

THIS IS JACKED UP!:nono: Poor baby!:blush::crying3::shocked:

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
That isn't true. Even if you are not partner, if you get a video that has a lot of views, YouTube will contact you to apply for revenue sharing on that specific video. You can then make money off of that video, but not your channel as a whole.

Ok, from what I read I thought in order to make money you had to be a partner.

I thought you atleast had to have the specified amount of subscribers.

Learn something new every day.

EllePixie

Ok, from what I read I thought in order to make money you had to be a partner.

I thought you atleast had to have the specified amount of subscribers.

Learn something new every day.

I am not sure YouTube has an actual formulation for picking videos for revenue sharing. The difference with partner is that you get some other features on your site, and you automatically get revenue sharing every time you upload a video unless you disable it. You no longer need to be "invited."

Previously, YT gave me rev. sharing on a product review video that NO ONE cared about (a Darcy's Botanicals product) that had about 400 views, while I had another review from Eco Styler, that had over 2,000 views and did not have rev. sharing.

theLovelyStyle

Some of you women are soo funny! So what if someone is concerned about someone else business. Every single one of you do it too! If its not hair, its clothes...if not clothes, then its something else.

Personally you dont have to follow what everybody else says/does on this board in order to achieve healthy hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.