Witchcraft - Now What?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Now, the topic...witches and witchcraft

I can tell you a lot about what witchcraft is. But in this thread, I will focus more on what it ISN'T.

Notice how I spelled the words witches and witchcraft in lowercase letters. Because that is exactly what it is....lowercase. It's not above God. And that alone should really finish this post, for it is the top, middle, side and bottomline...witchcraft is not above God and the shed Blood of Jesus Christ.

So my question to you is: Who in hell are we supposed to be afraid of?

No Christian has any rhymne or reason to 'fear' a witch or anyone that practices any form of witchcraft. Let alone any demon of any kind.

Yet we are to be aware -- as we are to be aware of anything in this life.

"Be self controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith." ---- 1 Peter 5:8-9

Let me share something. witches are everywhere; not only in this forum, but everywhere and they will be until Jesus comes. witchcraft is practiced in almost every area of our lives each day. No matter where you are and where you've been, I can promise you that you've encountered a witch and some form of witchcraft...daily. And it's not stopping or going anywhere.

However, knowing this, I dare you to be fearful of a witch or any devil. They are only acting in the flesh realm...a realm where they themselves are also made of...flesh. Because of a law that God has put into effect, anything that a witch may try to bring upon another, especially a Christian, falls back on them; and for them it can be deadly.

Anyone who thinks they have a higher power because they are involved in witchcraft, is a fool. For only a fool would step outside of God and serve the devil.

What about the power of a witch?

The main source of operation of a witch is 'fear'. Period. They operate using 'fear'. AND Truthfully, a witch has no power upon or against you unless you give it to them.

There are other methods and realms in which they operate, but I can assure you that you have no business being afraid of what a witch may or may not do to you. For as you being a Christian, they cannot cross the Bloodline of Jesus Christ.

I don't care what you have been threatened with or have seen or have been afraid of... a demon, a witch, or anything outside of God, CANNOT... I repeat... CANNOT cross the Bloodline of Jesus Christ. They will be killed in their attempts to do so. Trust me...'I know.' I live the life under the Blood of the Lamb.

Several people have either died or simply disappeared for trying to bring harm upon me and/or my family. You do not mess with a child of God. Nor do you interfere with God's plan for their life. Death will come to those who get in the way and refuse to move. Believe it!

Therefore, those of you who are in Covenant with God and are truly His, have nothing to fear. God says He will reprove Kings for our sakes, and I live this each day. So will you.

Isaiah 43:

1 But now thus saith the LORD that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.

2 When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

3 For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.

4 Since thou wast precious in my sight, thou hast been honourable, and I have loved thee: therefore will I give men for thee, and people for thy life.

5 Fear not: for I am with thee: I will bring thy seed from the east, and gather thee from the west;

6 I will say to the north, Give up; and to the south, Keep not back: bring my sons from far, and my daughters from the ends of the earth;

7 Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.

8 Bring forth the blind people that have eyes, and the deaf that have ears.

9 Let all the nations be gathered together, and let the people be assembled: who among them can declare this, and shew us former things? let them bring forth their witnesses, that they may be justified: or let them hear, and say, It is truth.

10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

12 I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God.

13 Yea, before the day was I am he; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand: I will work, and who shall let it?

(Note: Continued in next post).

Last edited by a moderator:

Shimmie

Staff member
Re: Oh My God! witchcraft - Now What?

Continued:

Now here is where we have to take heed regarding witchcraft:

Simply don't take part in their practices. That's it. Do not take part in what they do. Do not worship their gods.

What did God tell us?

Deuteronomy 18

9 When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations.
10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch.
11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.
12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.
13 Thou shalt be perfect with the LORD thy God.
14 For these nations, which thou shalt possess, hearkened unto observers of times, and unto diviners: but as for thee, the LORD thy God hath not suffered thee so to do.

Let share what's going on in the body of Christ. Not just here on the forum, but all over. The only reason witchcraft is being 'noticed' here by many LHCF members is because this is where you are spending much of your time.

But I have news for you. The witches have been in this forum from the start and have been doing 'what they do' all along. There is no 'all of a sudden' witches and witchcraft are showing up here at LHCF. They were always here...doing what they do. :lol: "Nothing".

I will say this...again. It's when it's NOT mentioned or NOT obvious when it's most 'active'...shall I say. :yep: I'll tell you something else. The ones doing all the talking about witchcraft are not the ones to be aware of....

:scratchch: Hmmmmmmm? Real / active witches do not announce or brag about themselves. Does any devil really ever? I'll tell you something else, this forum really does not have a real witch on it. They may 'think' they are. But whatever they are practicing has been 'copied' more than truly experienced in it's fullest. Those that are here haven't gone that deep and if they tried...they'd be dead.

But 'here' is what's truly going on in the forum and it's actually happening all over the Church ... the Body of Christ, period.

The spirit of 'fear', confusion, division, and lusts of the flesh. And if left unchecked, these factors can and will be a disaster.

Again, we are not to 'fear' witches and witchcraft....they do not have rule or control over us unless we give it to them. However, we cannot make friends with the enemy. You can't. For the enemy will learn your weaknesses, your vuneralbilities and seek to destroy you and your faith and your walk with God. And you see, this is what those who practice witchcraft look for...a spiritual weakness or they seek to cause dirision and confusion.

witches are in EVERY church...EVERY single one of them.

With men...in churches, witches use spirtual weakness all the time against the men of God. Sex has always been an 'easy' target for them. Power and pride is another, for witches use that weakness against them and the spirit of lust and greed, hence mis-management of ministry funds, etc.

In our prayer lives, we have to give heed to the Holy Spirit and allow Him to show us where witchcraft is and/or has come in.

And indeed, witchcraft has come into this Christianity forum...big time. And much of it is by 'subtle suggestions or whining suggestions to alter the pure standards of Christian living and worship.

Although the suggestion of blending the LOA with Christianity is ONLY one of the devices, there are others such as those who present certain threads which invite others who are not Christians (or claim they are Christians) to defend that which is not Christianity. The threads on homosexuality are a prime example.

BTW: Homosexuality is a form of witchcraft. It's rebellion of God's original order and it is a work of the flesh as well as a demonic spirit in operation. Homosexuals are and have been in churches big time for all time. And it is used as an 'insult' to God's natural plan and intent for His design of man and for His purpose of a man and a woman.

Again, those who disagree, don't waste time with it here. Take it up with me one on one or with the Holy Ghost.

This thread is for exhortation and loving the saints of God who have expressed serious concerns about the presence of witchcraft. Not arguments.

Basically, this is how it works. witchcraft is simply here in this forum to discredit the Christianity forum and anyone who professes to be a Christian. But again, know that witchcraft is everywhere a Christian is to do the same. For its objective is to make our witness for Jesus of non-effect and to weaken our prayers and the power of God who lives within us. There are other things that witches do, but if you are a child of God, there's no point in wasting fear over it.

Be aware of what you hold dear. Be prayerful and always allow yourselves to be lead of the Holy Spirit for it is He who leads and guides all of us into Truth.

Peace and blessings ;)

crlsweetie912

Shimmie:
I didn't read your post yet but I am glad to see you back. You were missed!

Shimmie

Staff member

crlsweetie912 said:
Shimmie:
I didn't read your post yet but I am glad to see you back. You were missed!

Hey Darlin'. My love to you too and to your precious sons.

God bless you, dear one. :kiss:

live2bgr8

Yes, there is a spiritual battle going on. However we must be very careful about who and what we call witchcraft. In Matthew 9:34 and Matthew 12:24, the Pharisees call Jesus Himself a diviner and mistook His power as coming from the devil.

This is a very slippery slope. Jesus' sheep know his voice.

Something that concerns me more than the apparent "witchcraft" on the board is the level of pride and stubborness. (and sometimes the lack of love).

The fruit of the spirit is joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. (found in Galatians 5)

Sometimes, I don't hear much of these traits coming from us.

However, pride, stubborness, lack of love are very subtle sins that can break even the most zealous Christians. God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble. This is something we all need to think about as we share our thoughts...

Are we speaking the truth in love OR are we saying something just to be "right"?

ETA: According to 1 Samuel 15:23 any rebellion against God is considered witchcraft, not just one particular sin. Pride is like idolotry. It means that you are setting yourself up higher than God in your mind and in your actions. I think this will be my first and last post to this thread... not sure yet...

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member

I love this scripture.

Who would have thought God could bless me from the book of Job. But He has and He always will.

For those who have or 'fear' witches in their midst....

JOB 5:

3 I have seen the foolish taking root: but suddenly I cursed his habitation.
4 His children are far from safety, and they are crushed in the gate, neither is there any to deliver them.

I didn't say it. God did. :yep: Ain't (oops, sorry :look: ) "Isn't God good?"

He simply does not want His children in fear. Wisdom ... Yes! Fear... No! I came from a church that was full of witches, trying their best to sabatage our ministry and God always showed up...big time.

The weapons of our warfare are not carnal. We have His word; we have prayer; we have the Holy Ghost; we have Jesus; and we are under His Covenant Blood of protection.

I have more word....you know I do.

Ladies, I lived this. And I'm sharing with you what I know. And what I don't know, the Holy Ghost will teach you. For He is the One who has the full handle on all of this.

Shimmie

Staff member

This thread is a Love Letter:

The loving word of God....Casting out fear which does not belong in the heart of a child of God.

I love this word... from Isaiah 43. It's so ;) worth repeating.

10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and

"....understand that I am He: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me."

11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

12 I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God.

13 Yea, before the day was I am he; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand: I will work, and who shall let it?

Lord Jesus....Praise the name of the Lord for His powerful word. This word alone, bears repeating. Hang on your wall.

"...Understand that I am He...before me there was NO God formed and neither shall there be after me..." (Isaiah 43:10).
Somebody praise Him...for His loving word.

I'm coming back with more. I'm going to fill this thread with love. The love of God which casts out all fear. For that's what perfect love does. The perfect love of Jesus.

Shimmie

Staff member

More Love Angels...More love from God's word.

I John 4:

1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.

6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.
7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.

12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.

14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

18 There is no fear in love; but PERFECT LOVE casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

19 We love him, because he first loved us.

20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

21 And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

StrawberryQueen

kelouis75 said:
Yes, there is a spiritual battle going on. However we must be very careful about who and what we call witchcraft. In Matthew 9:34 and Matthew 12:24, the Pharisees call Jesus Himself a diviner and mistook His power as coming from the devil.

Something that concerns me more than the apparent "witchcraft" on the board is the level of pride and stubborness. (and sometimes the lack of love).

The fruit of the spirit is joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. (found in Galatians 5)

However, pride, stubborness, lack of love are very subtle sins that can break even the most zealous Christians. God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble. This is something we all need to think about as we share our thoughts...

Are we speaking the truth in love OR are we saying something just to be "right"?

ETA: According to 1 Samuel 15:23 any rebellion against God is considered witchcraft, not just one particular sin. Pride is like idolotry. It means that you are setting yourself up higher than God in your mind and in your actions. I think this will be my first and last post to this thread... not sure yet...
You and Jcoily speak the truth as usual.

Thanks.

Shimmie

Staff member

For You More love from God's Heart....

Perfect Love Casting out Fear...

Lamentations 3:57

Thou drewest near in the day that I called upon thee: thou saidst, "FEAR NOT."

Angels, the love of God for us as His children is so tender, that even in the very day that we feared and called upon Him, He drew near to us and said, "Fear Not."

There is no one to fear... No one.

newme2003

Thank you for this Shimmie. It has hit me recently that we really don't know who we work with these days/don't know who is around us and how important it is to make sure we are covered under Jesus' blood. Thanks for covering this very important topic.

Northern_Belle

I'm at a quagmire. What witchcraft are you referring to exactly? Are you saying that those who are applying the law of attraction into their lives are witches or practing witchcraft or are you speaking of the members who practice wicca or an amalgamation of both? I know it's been stated quite adamently that those who are participating in law of attraction work are bringing a baleful element into their lives.

Shimmie

Staff member

Bella_Ballerina said:
I'm at a quagmire. What witchcraft are you referring to exactly? Are you saying that those who are applying the law of attraction into their lives are witches or practing witchcraft or are you speaking of the members who practice wicca or an amalgamation of both? I know it's been stated quite adamently that those who are participating in law of attraction work are bringing a baleful element into their lives.

There are many, many forms of witchcraft and the practice of it. And many, many levels. Many of 'us' unknowingly have been and are involved in it and that's only because, it's the way of the world and how we have become engrossed in it.

There are a series of books and teachings on this topic from several ministries. I will gather and post them for you.

The subject regarding the LOA is only a SMALL part of it. witchcraft is happening around us everywhere, every single day. Especiallly in the Church...especially. The forum has nothing on the Church. Nothing. It's only mentioned because this is where the questions originated.

Again, it's everywhere, but especially where Christians are.

witchcraft is the actually the number one weapon that satan uses against Christians. And it's main element is 'fear' and persuasive influence...the power of suggestion. Simply messing with one's mind. Remember how Jezebel used fear to intimidate Elijah? He ran for days and it took an angel to awaken him from under a tree to eat. The thing is, there was nothing that Jezebel could do to Elijah; for God's hand was upon him.

There are other methods, but it's not worth going into at this moment. However, the word says what happened to Jezebel.

The whole purpose of this thread is to simply to help diminish the fears that so many Christians have of this. Trust me the 'fear' is there. And it would shock you to know who is and where it's been all along in your lives outside of this forum. Actually, it's really not that prevelant 'here' as it is outside of this forum. Truly.

I hope this answers part of your question.

Last edited:

Northern_Belle

I suppose I don't see the rationale in this fear. If you're convicted in your faith, believe wholeheartedly in the power of God, in His goodness and multitude of blessings which He will bestow upon you, you have no reason to fear for He is with you always. Whom He blesses, no harm shall fall upon them. Fear can stifle love and I know I am loved, blessed, and highly favored.

Shimmie

Staff member
newme2003 said:
Thank you for this Shimmie. It has hit me recently that we really don't know who we work with these days/don't know who is around us and how important it is to make sure we are covered under Jesus' blood. Thanks for covering this very important topic.

Bottomline is don't ever fear. No matter where you are, don't ever fear. For this is not the last that this will come up. But you will be well prepared that you have absolutely nothing and no one to fear.

Do you know that there are Christians that actually hear the word 'witch' and run like a 'bat out of hell'...(so to speak). And God says, we ought not fear such.

I know this subject is sensitive, and it's not meant to harm or to hurt anyone. But Christians are being intimidated to 'shut up' and not proclaim the power of God and the Lord Jesus Christ. This is what happened to the prophet Elijah. God had to take over until he came to his senses.

Shimmie

Staff member

This is not about the LOA. The LOA isn't even the tip of the iceburg. Whatever posts were made about this subject prior, I can be certain, that God was not allowed to be fully gloried and given His honor.

Neither was scripture allowed to be fully expressed to dispell the fears that come with this subject. And you know what? It's not even witchcraft that the real subject here. It's the 'fear' of it. And trust me, 'fear' lies within the hearts of too many Believers. It ought not be so.

Believers have a right to know their full authority in Jesus Christ. They have that right. They have been pushed around long enough. Told to shut up and hide in a corner long enough; made to be fearful of consequences. And it is the spirit of witchcraft...a spirit of control that is behind it.

Yet God in His love wants it to be made loud and clear...

Romans 8:

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again TO FEAR; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

A child of God is not called to fear...and they have this right to KNOW it.

Shimmie

Staff member
More Love...

Luke 10:

18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from Heaven.

19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

20 Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

21 In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.

I love this from God's word:

And nothing shall by any means hurt you.

Angels, nothing shall by any means hurt you.

However, I rejoice more that our names are written in Heaven. ;)

Be blessed angels. Please be blessed. And fear not. For God will never leave you nor forsake you...not ever.

Shimmie

Staff member
One day I was 'intimidated' and the Lord blessed me with this word. I love it. Now it's for you.

Isaiah 7

4 Take heed, and be quiet; FEAR NOT, neither be fainthearted for the two tails of these smoking firebrands, for the fierce anger of Rezin with Syria, and of the son of Remaliah.

5 Because Syria, Ephraim, and the son of Remaliah, have taken evil counsel against thee, saying,

6 Let us go up against Judah, and vex it, and let us make a breach therein for us, and set a king in the midst of it, even the son of Tabeal:

7. Thus saith the Lord GOD, It shall not stand, neither shall it come to pass.

Angels, God has NEVER failed me. Never. And neither will He fail you. Please hold on to this. The Lord allowed to share this thread for a reason. And with my extremely busy schedule, it was done.

I have to close out for now. My sincere apologies for misunderstandings but NOT for sharing the love of God to dispell fears of this subject. It was truly meant to love the fear out of those who had such.

Print this thread out and save it. And most of all, know how much God loves you and has you safely in His heart and in His arms.

Peace and blessings to you....;)

Last edited:

betteron2day

The devil wants things sugar coated and is teaching that wrong is right. In a Christian forum, the unadulterated word of God should be preached to all. Then God will convict all wrong hearts and minds.

Expound the Word Ms. Shimmie. I was blessed.

MissYocairis

kelouis75 said:

(((((((KELOUIS75)))))) That was a wonderful perspective.

MissYocairis

Bella_Ballerina said:
I suppose I don't see the rationale in this fear. If you're convicted in your faith, believe wholeheartedly in the power of God, in His goodness and multitude of blessings which He will bestow upon you, you have no reason to fear for He is with you always. Whom He blesses, no harm shall fall upon them. Fear can stifle love and I know I am loved, blessed, and highly favored.

*APPLAUDING BELLA!!!!!!*

live2bgr8

Shimmie said:
"Ke", This is not about the LOA, angel. The LOA isn't even the tip of the iceburg. Whatever posts were made about this subject prior, I can be certain, that God was not allowed to be fully gloried and given His honor.

Neither was scripture allowed to be fully expressed to dispell the fears that come with this subject. And you know what? It's not even witchcraft that the real subject here. It's the 'fear' of it. And trust me, 'fear' lies within the hearts of too many Believers. It ought not be so.

Believers have a right to know their full authority in Jesus Christ. They have that right. They have been pushed around long enough. Told to shut up and hide in a corner long enough; made to be fearful of consequences. And it is the spirit of witchcraft...a spirit of control that is behind it.

Yet God in His love wants it to be made loud and clear...

Romans 8:

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again TO FEAR; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

A child of God is not called to fear...and they have this right to KNOW it.

Okay, I see. I'm glad you explained. Yes, for those who are fearful of such things, I can see how a thread about standing on the authority of God's Word and trusting the Holy Spirit would be a blessing.

I just didn't realize that there were so many people living in this type of fear... If you're in the Word, witchcraft is a moot point... So for me, it was coming out of left field...

Last edited:

song_of_serenity

betteron2day said:
The devil wants things sugar coated and is teaching that wrong is right. In a Christian forum, the unadulterated word of God should be preached to all. Then God will convict all wrong hearts and minds.

Exactly. I appreciate this thread also, Shimmie. It's amazing that people honestly make light of certain things and people who claim the name of Christ tiptoe around certain issues because they don't want to "offend." Oh PLEASE. This is holiness or hell, people. We only get one ride in life and when you die, it's over and how you live your life before God is where your soul ends up. Don't you know that these are living souls that are wrapped up in things that you, if you are supposedly proclaiming Christ, are to speak out against AND rebuke AND pray for the person and against the act? God loves the sinner and hates the sin. We are, as his followers, to do the SAME.

Personally, witchcraft isn't an issue with me, but I know a lot of people in fear of an "Obeah woman" and those trying to do "roots" on them. So yes, a thread like this IS relevent! And it's no play thing. These people are calling upon REAL demonic spirits. Call it like it is and don't turn your back because it's "unfair to others." That's the main reason God gave us a Breast plate is because we are to stand FACE TO FACE with the enemy and not a back-plate because we are not to turn and run away. Sin is sin, yes, but we are to address ALL sin in WHATEVER form. And it is not unfair as a Christian to speak out IN THE CHRISTIAN FORUM against something that as a CHRISTIAN you know is wrong; it's unfair to others to not address it and stand up againts it for the good of their soul AND the edifying of those in the body already. I don't believe Jesus sugarcoated ANY sin he was calling out. He told it like it is. He did it with LOVE. And so are we.

You'd be suprised how bringing up a subject and using scripture and God's love on the subject can help even those in it. I've seen it done. :)

And yes, it may not be YOUR fear, or a popular subject in Christian talk, but God recognized ALL fears, or else he wouldn't have given scripture against it. <3
~*Janelle~*

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
betteron2day said:

For you :kiss: and the blessings of the Lord and a healthy, safe and prosperous long life to you and yours.

So right you are about the sugar coating. Our Father God makes it plain that He chastises those whom He loves. Therefore, He doesn't sugar coat us as His children; then why should we sugar coat His word? The truth is what it is...the Truth and in Jesus, it is the Way, the Truth and the Life.

The Love of God shall always be upon you. Please take care, precious one.

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
song_of_serenity said:
Exactly. I appreciate this thread also, Shimmie. It's amazing that people honestly make light of certain things and people who claim the name of Christ tiptoe around certain issues because they don't want to "offend." Oh PLEASE. This is holiness or hell, people. We only get one ride in life and when you die, it's over and how you live your life before God is where your soul ends up. Don't you know that these are living souls that are wrapped up in things that you, if you are supposedly proclaiming Christ, are to speak out against AND rebuke AND pray for the person and against the act? God loves the sinner and hates the sin. We are, as his followers, to do the SAME.

Personally, witchcraft isn't an issue with me, but I know a lot of people in fear of an "Obeah woman" and those trying to do "roots" on them. So yes, a thread like this IS relevent! And it's no play thing. These people are calling upon REAL demonic spirits. Call it like it is and don't turn your back because it's "unfair to others." That's the main reason God gave us a Breast plate is because we are to stand FACE TO FACE with the enemy and not a back-plate because we are not to turn and run away. Sin is sin, yes, but we are to address ALL sin in WHATEVER form. And it is not unfair as a Christian to speak out IN THE CHRISTIAN FORUM against something that as a CHRISTIAN you know is wrong; it's unfair to others to not address it and stand up againts it for the good of their soul AND the edifying of those in the body already. I don't believe Jesus sugarcoated ANY sin he was calling out. He told it like it is. He did it with LOVE. And so are we.

You'd be suprised how bringing up a subject and using scripture and God's love on the subject can help even those in it. I've seen it done. :)

And yes, it may not be YOUR fear, or a popular subject in Christian talk, but God recognized ALL fears, or else he wouldn't have given scripture against it. <3
~*Janelle~*

Even if you disagreed with this thread, how precious in the heart and in the sight of the Lord, you are.

I wish you blessings beyond you could ever ask or pray for. Blessings for you and yours. ;)

Shimmie

Staff member
JamericanGurl said:
Shimmie why you making me break my rule with a response. I don't recall a thread specifically speaking of hatred towards Christians. Okay, I've made a number of smart remarks about people going overboard. heck i've even taken up for you a couple of times, when you were offering kindness. I do know of some unkind remarks and I have reported them. Especially when folx have purposely come over here to raise sand! But if there is another hateful thread PM it to me and I'll say something.

See, Shimmie just because it's the Christian forum still doesn't make it right what you said. I'm not mad at you or Pebbles...You believe what you believe! Pebbs ain't gonna do nothing but tell me to hursh:lol: as for you...It's really hard to be mad at someone that always says bless you at the end of every sentence;)

Again, if someone thinks they can fly on a broom who am I to tell them they can't!

You just keep praying for us!
If it weren't for you, I wouldn't know what I do know about forums. I was extremely 'green' when I came here a year ago. You taught me well. :lol:

The beauty is this. We still disagree, mis-understand, yet we care about each other.

I'll be leaving the forum again and for a while. I need you to keep things together for me. You and your baby and your 'friend' will always be in my heart and prayers.

J'Girl, I have to do what God has 'raised' me up to do. I have to be yielded and obedient to Him. There's a ministry in me that has to be fulfilled. While it appears harsh and unkind on one angle, it's still this about me, that taught me how to 'love' you as my sister and many others here.

I'm not changing and that's a good thing. For if I did, there'd be no you in my heart, even during times such as this.

See you at Trader Joe's sweet lady. ;)

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
Wow. This is a very fine line to walk, but I will do my best. With most religions, their way is seen as the only way. In speaking of your faith it almost always will result in SOMEONE being offended on some level if they do not subscribe to that particular faith. As Christians, we are warned against things such as witchcraft so this is a valid topic for this forum. As such, we also need to recognize that many Christians are actually guilty of this, as manipulation is also defined as a form of witchcraft. It is not just simply people who engage in rituals, spells, potions. Some topics on this board and the way some people share the gospel could even be seen as witchcraft, as they try to motivate people in to action by invoking fear to manipulate and control them. (This is not to say there are not consequences for us to be aware of, but that message can be relayed without putting folx back in bondage.) I know in the past I have manipulated people to get what I want and my mother, a major control freak, was Queen of this.

Here is an online resource that has very good info:

http://www.mcleanministries.com/custom.html

The legitimate authority that we will focus on here is the authority of "free will." God has given every man the freedom to make his own choices (whether right or wrong). When a person imposes their will on someone else in such a manner as to cause them to do something against their will, then that person has rebelled against the authority of "free will" that was established by God.

The thing we need to keep in mind is that the word of God is for Christians, and not everyone on this board is a Christian, so you cant realistically hold them to this standard. Beyond what is needed for salvation, there is very little a non christian can get out of the word. (For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.) Instead of using the word of God to condemn others, we need to use it to examine ourselves. ("You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye." - That's the other part of the 'judge not' scripture folx like to skip over, tho if someone is not in Christ they are not your Christian brother and it STILL wouldnt apply.)

From what I've read, people have expressed a fear of witchcraft and Shimmie was simply responding to that. I dont have a problem with that. I also dont have a problem with the pagan topics on the board. The word of God can stand up to ANYTHING. Seeing an opposing opinion is not going to sway me. If I cant withstand a post on a message board, what will I do when I come up against this in real life? Shimmies message to not fear is on point. As Christians we are called to be a light to others. How can we be this light if we are hiding from those who need to hear the word of God? How can we be this light if we are lashing out and condemning others because they we fear what they represent? If that is where you are in your spiritual walk, thats fine, everyone grows and goes from milk to meat, however do recognize that "God has not given us the Spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." "Perfect love casts out fear." We need to work on relating to folx from a place of love, not fear. Gods word has the power to convict folx if needed, and lead them to salvation. We do not need to provide them with a laundry list of what they are doing wrong. Now if you are speaking to a brother or sister in Christ who is engaging in sinful actions that could destroy them, that is a different matter, and not what is being addressed here.

Going foward, what I dont want to see is the board divided over this sort of mess again and a bunch of "heathen vs christian" posts. God has given everyone free will to choose. It's not our place to police folx personal decisions and lifestyles. I urge everyone to look at the link I posted and use it as a tool for self examination and not one for exclusion and division. We need to show folx the love of God. He is bigger than all of this and we should be also.

Status
Not open for further replies.