Yogurt for Straightening/Loosing curl pattern in 4b naturals...

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
This method is not going to make natural hair relaxer strait.:rolleyes::lachen: It will only lessen the density of your hair making it easier to detangle or style. It is natural, not a chemical.:nono:

tash85

Bored on a saturday afternoon so I decided to try out the version detailed in the video somebody posted:

Coconut oil
Coconut cream (I used creamed coconut in the bar)
Plain greek yoghurt

It's been on for 15 mins so far. ill be back with a verdict in another 45!

dancinstallion

Is anyone still doing this? and if so what was the long term affect for those who started back in 2007??????

Well I applied this last night and left it on for 5 hours. I mixed 1 cup of plain yogurt, 3tbls of powdered butter milk, 1 lime, and 1/4 cup of honey almond conditioner. I still had a little bit left over after I saturated my hair. I was able to finger comb some knots out while the mix was in my hair.
RESULTS was softer hair and my curls did loosen up, but just a little bit. I will do this one a week for a month.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I did a variation of the coconut/yogurt natural relaxer last week to soften my ng. It worked great and helped me decide to stretch my relaxer. I'm about to do a treatment today. I guess it's sort of the coconut/yogurt plus carmel relaxer.

I used:

yogurt
coconut cream
coconut milk
coconut oil
wheat germ oil
EVOO
Honey
Molasses

motherpopcorn562

Did this for the first time last. Week. Amazing. I could blow dry with no tangles. I reccomend. I used Mountain Dairy full fat plain yogurt. Thats it!

Sianna

I used:

yogurt
coconut cream
coconut milk
coconut oil
wheat germ oil
EVOO
Honey
Molasses

This sounds absolutely :lick:

If nothing else, seems like it would leave your hair beautifully conditioned, moisturized and soft! I might just have to try this!

LaFaraona

I regularly use yogurt for my DC for about 6 months. I use it because it leaves my hair very soft and moisturized. I haven't noticed any curl loosening though. Yogurt is a keeper for me.

cocoma

I used yogurt, honey, molasses, and HE HH. I let it sit for about an hour under a plastic cap and my hair is softer and more manageable than ever. This will definitely be a staple.

PureSilver

I'm hoping to try this mixture this wk-end. My hair is already soft and easy to manage but if this mix elongates my curls then it's a keeper for me.

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
I've been doing this for about a year :yep: I only use whole fat plain yogurt....no complex mixes. I use it as a pre poo and let it stay on for an hour or more. After I rinse and clarify my hair, it feels super moisturized and retains mositure until my next wash day.

motherpopcorn562

Used it last week. Do it about once a month. Couldn't live without it!

I've also been using the yogurt as a mask for my face and breast ( lol) ., I got it from Lonice's book Kitchen Beautician. Makes my skin very soft and youthful.

JudithO

Did it last night... I'm a very dense 4b 4c (aka no obvious curl pattern, 80% shrinkage).I used 1/2 cup of plain greek yogurt, Castor, Olive and Coconut oil, and Garnier Fructis Triple moisture condish.

My curls didnt loosen up, but my hair felt more moisturized... Even without any product in it, I was very impressed. I am adopting a wig regimen as a PS so I may not do this till the next month or so.

keepithealthy

Bumping for other who may be interested.
I've tried variations of the recipe's in thread over the past year with great success. I'm trying it now on my nieces 4b transitioning hair. I will be back with updates.

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
sorry if this has already been asked, but:

how do you know if the yogurt is full fat? I've been needing to do a protien treatment for some time and this sounds great! I looked in the store today and saw a tub of of yogurt (dannon all natural plain yogurt) that didn't say nonfat, 0% fat, or low fat, but it didn't say full fat either. Just that it was plain and all natural. The back says it has 8 grams of fat; would that be considered low fat? Does full fat yogurt not specifically say that it is full fat? Or is the label supposed to say that it is full fat? I bought it anyway lol but I'm a bit confuzzled :3 Again, sorry if this was already asked.

MissErikaM

I just made a mix of Greek yogurt (honey flavored) Suave shea and almond, Elasta QP reconstructor and sunflower oil and it is on my hair under a foil conditioner cap. I'm gonna do some housework and rinse later with an update :grin:

Afrobuttafly

I still haven't found full fat greek yogurt only low or no fat yogurts.. so the treatment will have to wait =[

onesummer'sday10 I'm thinking that if it doesn't say low or no fat it's automatically full fat, though it doesn't say that on the label.

keepithealthy could you be specific with the variations you've tried with success? What exactly were they and what were the results. If you please. :grin:

CocoGlow

I've been doing this for about a year :yep: I only use whole fat plain yogurt....no complex mixes. I use it as a pre poo and let it stay on for an hour or more. After I rinse and clarify my hair, it feels super moisturized and retains mositure until my next wash day.

lovenharmony

After you rinse & clarify, do you then use a rinse out conditioner or deep conditioner?

Platinum

I still haven't found full fat greek yogurt only low or no fat yogurts.. so the treatment will have to wait =[

onesummer'sday10 I'm thinking that if it doesn't say low or no fat it's automatically full fat, though it doesn't say that on the label.

keepithealthy could you be specific with the variations you've tried with success? What exactly were they and what were the results. If you please. :grin:

Afrobuttafly I see you're in Florida. Have you checked Publix for full fat Greek yogurt?

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥

@onesummer'sday10 I'm thinking that if it doesn't say low or no fat it's automatically full fat, though it doesn't say that on the label.

@keepithealthy could you be specific with the variations you've tried with success? What exactly were they and what were the results. If you please. :grin:

Thank you!! After I posted I looked online and some article on mayoclinic.org said that if it is 7 or 8g of fat or more per serving (can't remember which, I had been searching the internet for a bit before I saw the article), it's full fat. Or if it mentions that whole milk was used. I'm planning on using it tomorrow :D

chicha

Does this work on relaxed or texlaxed hair?

Meaning does it soften, or keeps relaxed hair from tangling alot?

And since texlaxed is somewhat natural, does it do the same for it??

MissErikaM

My hair felt really soft after I did this. I think my curl pattern may have loosened just a teeny bit- moreso they just seemed bigger ringlets in some areas and a more defined S in others. I didn't clarify or wash after- I just rinsed really good. I hope I didn't need to :perplexed

Seamonster

My club Wild Haired Mavens, and I did this at the beach, it really softens the curl of 4b. We might not have noticed the loosening without taking pictures. It is a great conditioner. We used the Cherry Lola treatment. Everyone could see the results on each other.