You know you're seeing a bad stylist when....

LushLox

1. You arrive for a 10:00am appointment and at 12:00pm you're still waiting.

2. When you view the other clientele you notice they either have blue, blonde or red hair!

3. Whilst relaxing your hair she chooses to gossip to her friend on the phone.

4. On inspecting your regrowth/natural hair she comments, 'girl your hair is too nappy to comb.'

5. In the middle of doing your hair she takes a break to smoke a quick joint so your hair smells of weed.

6. After giving the stylist an example of a simple but sophisticated hair style that you want, you leave the salon looking like a cross between Rupaul and Lady Saw.

7. After a 7 hour stay in the salon you end up looking worse than when you came in!

Any more? :grin:

Last edited:

caribeandiva

Human being
-When your hair keeps getting shorter after each visit and they insist it's because you don't visit them often enough. :rolleyes:

-when they have jackep up hair.

brownelovely

1. When you call 15 minutes before your appointment to say your on the way and they don't answer.

2. They leave to go talk to their "boo" outside while your sitting their with your head half done.

3. They attempt to do the style you gave them a picture of, only to FAIL, then you notice them at the club with the exact do that you wanted.

4. Their only advice to you've ever gotten is to buy "insert weave brand here" hair...nevermind the fact your edges are gone, shedding hair like crazy, and there's a bald spot you can't explain.

KEWLKAT103

-While they're eating chicken with one hand and doing somebodies hair with the other.
-They keep taking so many snack/smoke breaks that it takes you 3 times as long to get your hair done.
-Their wild kids are running around screaming and the stylist is cussing them out the whole time she's working on your head.

I've seen these up close and personal!

eyunka

When you give them a picture of yourself with a style they created and can't create it again.

2. When you view the other clientele you notice they either have blue, blonde or red hair!

4. On inspecting your regrowth/natural hair she comments, 'girl your hair is too nappy to comb.'

5. In the middle of doing your hair she takes a break to smoke a quick joint so your hair smells of weed.

6. After giving the stylist an example of a simple but sophisticated hair style that you want, you leave the salon looking like a cross between Rupaul and Lady Saw.

7. After a 7 hour stay in the salon you end up looking worse than when you came in!

Last edited:

BrickbyBrick

The bolded is off the wall right there:lachen:

TheQueenBeeMaya

These are personal experiences

1. When you're appointment was 1.5 hours ago and she still hasn't GREETED you !
2. When the price goes up everytime you see her ! When I started going to this one stylist, it was $40 to press my hair, the last time i went it was $75. I haven't been back
3. When they cancel ON YOUR PROM NIGHT
4. When you dread getting your hair done, because she holds the hot comb on your hair TOO long, because she's getting it "extra straight"

and yes, this was all the same person

*~Mocha~*

WHEN THEIR HAIR IS BUUUUSSSSTTTTTTEEEEEDD!!
I mean would you go see a dentist with awful teeth? An esthetician with bad skin? LOL....

caramelcutieinva

1. when your stylist tells you to book your appointment early in the morning to avoid the rush and when you get there 20 people are already waiting
2. when your stylist calls you by the wrong name and can't remember how she styled your hair the last time
3. when your stylist takes a break to eat a sandwich
4. when you ask for an updo and your stylist tries to convice you to get something simple to save her time :(
5. when someone asks you to watch their kids so they can go pick up fish dinners for teh shop

Quita

When she cuts your hair after every relaxer telling you that "there's so much damage" and you go from SL to EL in a matter of months due to so called "damaged hair" you go to another stylist and they can't find the damage but you were told you had a few more cuts to get rid of all the damaged hair after a year of cutting.

CurliDiva

When you have to:

Hold and rock asleep:wallbash:; or

Bottle feed:wallbash:; or

Diaper change :wallbash:.....your stylist's BABY that she brought to work, just to get your hair DID!

(p.s. I done 2 of the 3 back in the day - and this was a a "real" salon)

bellezanegra826

personal experiences with various stylists:

1. their 3 year old tries to fight you
2. they take lunch breaks while doing your hair
3. they send you home for an hour so they can pick up their kids from somewhere
4. they take breaks to fight with their baby daddy
5. they give you a lopsided hairstyle
6. they take your hair out
7. they chop off your hair without asking and then they charge you for it
8. they claim to do natural hair, yet they have an argument with you about whether or not your hair is permed when even stevie wonder can see you have a perm
9. they try to put a texturizer on your relaxed hair

...I'll come back with more later

eta: their child walks around in sh!tty diapers and then proceeds to throw their diaper at you (that child was lucky i didn't catch a case b/c i was too young to be charged as an adult at the time)

TheQueenBeeMaya

personal experiences with various stylists:

1. their 3 year old tries to fight you
2. they take lunch breaks while doing your hair
3. they send you home for an hour so they can pick up their kids from somewhere
4. they take breaks to fight with their baby daddy
5. they give you a lopsided hairstyle
6. they take your hair out
7. they chop off your hair without asking and then they charge you for it
8. they claim to do natural hair, yet they have an argument with you about whether or not your hair is permed when even stevie wonder can see you have a perm
9. they try to put a texturizer on your relaxed hair

...I'll come back with more later

eta: their child walks around in sh!tty diapers and then proceeds to throw their diaper at you (that child was lucky i didn't catch a case b/c i was too young to be charged as an adult at the time)

In regards to the bolded, i've had stylists tell me to hop in their car so they can go pick their kids up !

LushLox

he or she applies your relaxer with a fine-toothed comb. I saw this on my way to the gym the other day.

When I first started relaxing my hair the stylist used a brush to apply it. Fine you may think, but she actually dabbed the hard bristle brush into my hair. I used to dread going, and I was only young so I didn't even think about telling her not to do it like that, or better still to go to someone else. :nono:

Can beat you on that one. A Mate went in at 12pm and was never seen until 3 to 4 pm. Never left the salon until 7pm.

To add to the list:

A stylist (use the word very loosely) put rollers on you and place you under the hairdryer. Then brings in her friend that jumped the queue to do her hair. 1 hour later after your hair as been cooked to death, you are still sitting there waiting. :wallbash:

Thinks one brand of cheap relaxer fits all because they are too cheap to to spend money on a decent brand.

kandake

She tells you that your hair is dry/split/breaking etc.. But doesn't suggest a way to fix the problem.

LushLox

Can beat you on that one. A Mate went in at 12pm and was never seen until 3 to 4 pm. Never left the salon until 7pm.

To add to the list:

A stylist (use the word very loosely) put rollers on you and place you under the hairdryer. Then brings in her friend that jumped the queue to do her hair. 1 hour later after your hair as been cooked to death, you are still sitting there waiting. :wallbash:

Thinks one brand of cheap relaxer fits all because they are too cheap to to spend money on a decent brand.

This used to annoy the hell out of me! :mad:

SmartyPants

This isn't a bad stylist, this is a bad client, because #1 would have had me out of the door after 30 minutes!

Nya33

To add to the list:

Im laughing so hard at all of them as ive seen or been through it!
Ok- when a stylist blow dries the same bit of hair on high until it starts to burn off, then says 'oops'

The lateness really annoys me if im told to respect a stylists time they should do the same for me!

Lynnerie

When she bases your scalp for a relaxer and put you under the dryer for 45 minutes while she does other people's hair. (I NEVER knew what this was for.)

Tells you she is not gonna do a wet wrap cause today and is gonna "silk you out" instead. Meaning put you under the dryer then blow dry you, then press your hair and curl it with some marcels. (WTF)

Ask you if you want chinese bangs and when you ask what are those she says oh they will be real cute. I leave the salon with short bangs plastered to my forehead blunt cut. (I was in middle school)

Everyone's hair is short and broken off except for the stylist's daughters and grand daughter. :sad:

When you inquire about going natural she asks you and what are you gonna do with it when you are natural? Only certain types need to be natural.

They say they are doing hair in their house and they have you getting your hair washed in a regular sink and the sink smells. Yuck!

Last edited:

Polyesterdiva

When:

you smell burning hair when they're pressing your hair or someone elses.
you're nervous when they're trimming your hair. It's always and inch shorter than when they started!
all their clients have super short hair

mscocoface

When you set up an meet with the stylist so that she can see your hair and you set the appointment to get your hair done for your wedding.

When you call that day to be sure she only has you booked for that evening.

When you call 30 minutes before and she says she will be 2-3 hours late.

NOTE: It is 5:00 pm the night before your wedding day.

True story, mine unfortunately.

HoneyDew

When she actually tells you that her blonde wet and wavy full weave looks natural and people think its hers.

Um, no boo boo.

TwistNMx

...When they eat and do your hair at the same time.

...When they use hair spray on your hair to keep you from noticing when the relaxer is really burning.

...When they are constantly telling you about all the spa vacations they took with the money you pay them to do a lowsy job.

...When you realize that you are a number and are working everyone in.

...When they say that they are only trimming off a little of your hair then style it only to find out when you get home that they've cut a lot in the mid-nape area of your hair.

...When you tell them your hair doesn't need a lot of heat and they burn it to death anyway.

...When they think they are God

However, it's been a blessing in disguise because I've learned how to do my own hair and it's been in great shape ever since (6 years now) I've done it!!!
I'll never let anyone touch my hair again!!!! :nono: