YT Vid update-Daughter's 27 Month Transition Progress

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
It's been almost a year since I did an update on my daughter's hair. She is 27 months into her transition and has about 1 1/2 inch of relaxed ends left. Her hair is now jet black. I haven't done a BKT in probably a year. I don't really remember.

Tell me what length you think she is.

Check it out! Duration 3:39

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYp1Q81Zttc

beans4reezy

You have done such a great job with her hair!! Amazing!! She looks to be full BSL -MBL'ish to me. How often have you been using heat on your daughter's during her transition? what is your reggie with her?

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
You have done such a great job with her hair!! Amazing!! She looks to be full BSL -MBL'ish to me. How often have you been using heat on your daughter's during her transition? what is your reggie with her?
Thanks!!:grin:

I generally shampoo and flatiron her hair once a week with no heat in between shampoos.

I just keep it pretty simple. Shampoo, deep conditioner under the steamer, blowdry, flatiron. That's it. She ties her hair down every night and she gets up in the morning, I moisturize her hair comb and go.

Buttercreme

Your technique is flawless.

Do you have any YT vids of your blowdry technique. This is where I fall flat with natural DD.

What products do you use when blowdrying

Anew

Can't see but I remember when she started her transition

Will be checking this out when I get home, congrats on good progress though

DSD what did you do to your daughters hair when it was SL? Has the reggie changed or remained the same?

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Your technique is flawless.

Do you have any YT vids of your blowdry technique. This is where I fall flat with natural DD.

What products do you use when blowdrying
Thanks. I will be doing a blowdry vid soon but I do showcase some of my blowdrying in the flatiron tutorial vid I did last year. Blowdrying is key to a good press!:grin:

I use Paul Mitchell Straight works some. I also use PM Super Skinny, my fav.

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
Wow, great progress. This makes me want to keep transitions even though it's hard messing with these two textures. Hope do you deal with the tangles due to the two textures? Everyday I want to BC

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Can't see but I remember when she started her transition

Will be checking this out when I get home, congrats on good progress though

DSD what did you do to your daughters hair when it was SL? Has the reggie changed or remained the same?
Thanks. Her regimen is pretty much the same. Shampoos conditioners and all. When she was shoulder length. I shampooed deep conditioned under the steam, blowdry and flatiron. Simple but it works. I also make sure to moisturize her hair daily. Sometimes the ends can suffer. I have had to trim a little. Probably about 3 inches in the past twelve months.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Wow, great progress. This makes me want to keep transitions even though it's hard messing with these two textures. Hope do you deal with the tangles due to the two textures? Everyday I want to BC
Thanks! The more newgrowth that comes in the less the hair tangles. It becomes easier as time passes. Less relaxed ends equals less tangling.

che1219

Your DD's hair is beautiful and has grown so much. Luv that ponytail!!! She looks to be full BSL to me. Thanks for that, it is just the inspiration I needed to continue on with my transition.

KinkyGenius

Yes. It's a complete time saver.

I can't wait to see the technique you use while blow drying with the comb attachment. I have the Sedu Revolution Pro Tourmaline Ionic 4000i Hair Dryer but it doesn't come with a comb attachment, maybe I can just buy a generic comb attachment for it :ohwell:.

Do you blow dry on high heat, low heat or cold air?

SimJam

wow, her hair is beautiful. She has the best of both worlds. Does she ever wear it curly?

jello_2001

Your daughter's hair is gorgeous!! I may need to come down for a personal blow dry/flat iron TUTORIAL in order to get my hair remotely that straight.

btw- I am a fellow fishergirl and I love it!!!! :<)

SelfStyled

I cannot believe how much her hair has grown. I love her texture, I was laughing when you said she likes it straight, straight- my daughter does too. How old is your daughter?

I am so happy for her progress- please let her know that. Also, what a representative she is for healthy hair for her age group.

What do you use to moisturize her hair?

Keep up the great work DSD,

Desarae

Yay I've been waiting on her updates! I'll have to watch the video later!

Co signing on the daily moisturizer questions!