YT Vid update-Daughter's 27 Month Transition Progress

Garner

You have done a wonderful job. ITA...your daughters hair is beautiful!!! Which flatiron did you use? You indicated you used BKT about a yr ago. Which brand? When do you plan to chop the rest of the relaxed ends? Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Your DD's hair is beautiful and has grown so much. Luv that ponytail!!! She looks to be full BSL to me. Thanks for that, it is just the inspiration I needed to continue on with my transition.
Thanks! Good luck with your transition. It does get easier with time. I'm currently 18 months into mine and things are going well.

I can't wait to see the technique you use while blow drying with the comb attachment. I have the Sedu Revolution Pro Tourmaline Ionic 4000i Hair Dryer but it doesn't come with a comb attachment, maybe I can just buy a generic comb attachment for it :ohwell:.

Do you blow dry on high heat, low heat or cold air?
I bought the Willie Morrow comb attachment and you can adjust it to fit any dryer. I took out the little metal bar in it though. I don't want to cause heat damage to anyone's hair. I blowdry on med to med-high heat. Cold air won't get the hair a smooth as it needs to be for a great flat iron.

wow, her hair is beautiful. She has the best of both worlds. Does she ever wear it curly?
Thanks. The only time she wears it curly is on the rare occasion that I don't have the time to flatiron it. It's funny because none of her friends believed her when she said she didn't have a relaxer until she wore a curly ponytail to school one day. Jaws dropped she told me!! LOL

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
I cannot believe how much her hair has grown. I love her texture, I was laughing when you said she likes it straight, straight- my daughter does too. How old is your daughter?

I am so happy for her progress- please let her know that. Also, what a representative she is for healthy hair for her age group.

What do you use to moisturize her hair?

Keep up the great work DSD,
Thanks. She 14. Just started high school this year. I will let her know. She always likes it when I update. It puts a smile on her face to see all the comments.

I use argan oil to moisturize her hair. Just a drop or two. First on the ends and massage in every morning and then into the interior of the hair and edges. It really saves the ends because she never wears protective styles.

Beautiful hair! What do you use as her daily moisturizer?
Thanks. I use argan oil.

Yay I've been waiting on her updates! I'll have to watch the video later!

Co signing on the daily moisturizer questions!
Cool. I hope you enjoy the video. I use argan oil to moisturize.

Gorgeous DSD! She has made wonderful progress!
She looks about BSL to me.
Thanks. I think she is finally full BSL. I just needed confirmation.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
You have done a wonderful job. ITA...your daughters hari is beautiful!!! Which flatiron did you use? You indicated you use BKT about a yr ago. Which brand? When do you plan to chop the rest of the relaxed ends? Thanks for sharing.
Thanks! I used my new baby the H2Pro Presto 1 1/2 inch flatiron. It's taking the place of my FHI Runway.

Yes, I did use BKT over a year ago. I used the Marcia Tiexeira brand which is one of the best IMO. I recently just cut off some more of the old relaxed ends. They were looking bust. It did her hair some good. She has about 1 1/2 inches of relaxed hair left and we will continue to trim little by little. I big chopped her on her first transition and I promised I wouldn't do that to her again. She'll probably be fully natural by next spring or so. :wink2:

soon2bsl

Beautiful hair! You're doing an awesome job! Has your daughter experienced any heat damage at all from the weekly blowdrying and flat ironing? Just curious as I am 14 months into my transition. I've only lightly flat ironed once during my transition, but plan on incorporating heat probably one a month or every other month in the cooler months (I live in FL), but don't want to experience any heat damage/heat trained hair.

LushLox

Beautiful hair, she must be the envy of all her friends!

DSD, why are you replacing your FHI Runway, is it not performing as well for you?

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Beautiful hair! You're doing an awesome job! Has your daughter experienced any heat damage at all from the weekly blowdrying and flat ironing? Just curious as I am 14 months into my transition. I've only lightly flat ironed once during my transition, but plan on incorporating heat probably one a month or every other month in the cooler months (I live in FL), but don't want to experience any heat damage/heat trained hair.
Thanks. I am very careful about heat damaging not just my daughter's hair but all of my natural clients. No heat damage, it really is all in the technique and making sure to protect the hair fully before applying heat. And also only using heat on shampoo and deep conditioning days.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Beautiful hair, she must be the envy of all her friends!

DSD, why are you replacing your FHI Runway, is it not performing as well for you?
Thanks. She gets weave checked on a regular and her friends at school always want to be in her hair. I have warned her about letting people touch and play in her hair.

As far as the FHI Runway. Since they changed manufacturers their product as not been consistent or given me consistent results. Not for that price. I had a long talk with the H2Pro representative about the company and my concerns before buying my new irons. He even let me use it on my hair to prove his point. I was in love after the first swipe and it's way less expensive than the Runway. Better results less expensive iron. It's a deal!

JerriBlank

Thanks. She gets weave checked on a regular and her friends at school always want to be in her hair. I have warned her about letting people touch and play in her hair.

As far as the FHI Runway. Since they changed manufacturers their product as not been consistent or given me consistent results. Not for that price. I had a long talk with the H2Pro representative about the company and my concerns before buying my new irons. He even let me use it on my hair to prove his point. I was in love after the first swipe and it's way less expensive than the Runway. Better results less expensive iron. It's a deal!
I am soooo getting that iron!:lachen:
May I ask where you bought yours and is it open to the public? Does it come with a warranty?

Your baby's hair is gorgeous,and it looks extremely healthy as well!! her length is whatever "hotdang" is!!!:lachen:

Last edited:

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
Beautiful!!! I just checked out your older flat iron video tutorial, and I'm super impressed with how much her hair has grown since then. She looks like she's BSL to me.

She has fine hair like me. In fact, my hair looks just like hers when straightened.

brittanynic16

Your daugher's hair looks great. It's funny because I have been using the same routine (wash and flatiron weekly) and it has yielded me wonderful results.

ryanshope

Ooh..this is EXACTLY why I should have gotten the H20Presto when I went to Bronner's this month!! They had a BOMB sale on the flat iron and dryer combo---$159 for both!! Man I don't even want to reflect on it anymore...sigh.

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
amazing! This is the kind of video I want to have available when my girls (2 and 4) get older and want straight styles and I have to fight their desire for a relaxer.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
I am soooo getting that iron!:lachen:
May I ask where you bought yours and is it open to the public? Does it come with a warranty?

Your baby's hair is gorgeous,and it looks extremely healthy as well!! her length is whatever "hotdang" is!!!:lachen:
Thanks!!:grin:
I actually bought it at the Bronner Bros Hair Show. Super Deal. I got two irons. the Presto 1 1/2 inch and the Vivace 1 inch iron both for $120. Awesome deal.

Beautiful!!! I just checked out your older flat iron video tutorial, and I'm super impressed with how much her hair has grown since then. She looks like she's BSL to me.

She has fine hair like me. In fact, my hair looks just like hers when straightened.
Thanks. I need to go check out that video I think I'll go with bsl as her current length. Can you believe that was almost a year ago?

Your daughter's hair looks great. It's funny because I have been using the same routine (wash and flatiron weekly) and it has yielded me wonderful results.
Thanks. Simple is key.:yep:

che1219

Why did I come back in this thread:wallbash:, you know I purchased the FHI Runway after you did the last YT video of your DD flat iron hair and now you have me over here looking at the H2Pro.:look:

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Why did I come back in this thread:wallbash:, you know I purchased the FHI Runway after you did the last YT video of your DD flat iron hair and now you have me over here looking at the H2Pro.:look:
...the FHI Runway is still a good iron. Remember I am a stylist my needs for an iron are different than someone using it once a week or even less. I still like my very first Runway that I bought back in 2006. No other one(Runway) I have has compared to that one. Now seeing if seeing the H2Pro has you tempted I can't stop you but I say save your money if the Runway is working well for you!! :yep:

bryantgurls

Beautiful! How did you keep her hair from breaking at the demarcation line during the transition? Also, did you transition her in braids or just by the weekly routine you mentioned?