1(1/2) inches in 3 1/2 weeks!! (pics)

lonelysky

Baby Chick Gate 2011
I got my last relaxer on April 7. I started using MTG the week of April 13. I stopped using it last weekend. I want to say that I re-applied some after my last wash. I did a wash today (May1).

I had my husband measure my NG and I had 1 1/2 inches near the crown and 1in toward the front. I had him measure modestly.

Here is the link to my fotki. http://public.fotki.com/jcsavestheday/

The pics aren't wanting to hotlink for some reason...

ETA: Those aren't bald spots on my scalp. I have my hair in bantu knots and those are where my hair is parted.

lonelysky

Baby Chick Gate 2011
It was quite surprising. I actually took a brief break from MTG, but I'm actually getting ready to apply some more. My scalp hurt for about a week b/c of all of the growth. I was itching a lot, too.

lonelysky

Baby Chick Gate 2011
IMO, it doesn't look like 1.5 inches. Still good progress though.

There were some parts that were only 3/4 to 1in (mainly in the front where incidentally, I did not apply much MTG). DH was the one snapping the pics, I can't even tell you what part of my head are in the pictures. I had him measure in a couple of different spots and the NG is different lengths.

TaurusAngel

There were some parts that were only 3/4 to 1in (mainly in the front where incidentally, I did not apply much MTG). DH was the one snapping the pics, I can't even tell you what part of my head are in the pictures. I had him measure in a couple of different spots and the NG is different lengths.
lol, thats still good for 3.5 weeks. Congrats!!!! I'm going to check out this MTG.

lonelysky

Baby Chick Gate 2011
lol, thats still good for 3.5 weeks. Congrats!!!! I'm going to check out this MTG.

Thanks. Just to clarify: I have growth ranging from 3/4 in to 1 1/2in in NG.

The parts that are the shortest in terms of NG are in the front (averaging about an inch in growth, although I have some places that are just a little shorter, or so it feels)

The middle of the front (toward the crown) are about 1in all around.

The most growth is from my crown back which is where I'm measuring 1 1/2in of growth.

My crown and back is where I put the most MTG. I've changed that up a little bit now, though. I'm going to be good and take my biotin, multivitamin, growth vitamin, and flax seed oil capsules to see if I can speed my growth any more...

the way that I use MTG is to apply it once (sometimes twice) a day with a color applicator. I usually apply it before I go to sleep and cover it with a shower cap. I only use a dab in each spot that I put it.

I actually have a concotion of MTG, EVOO, Goodman's pure peppermint, and African Pride Oil Gro that I use. I just dab it on the front, crown sides and back with the color applicator.

MTG has a tendancy to spread, so really less is more. If you use a lot it will spread and leak everwhere like jehri curl juice. :yep:

msa

Well then can you have him take a picture of the part that's supposed to have 1.5 inches of new growth?

Urban

Congrats on the progress OP.

OT- ChanelNo5, the pic in your siggy made me LOL. If looks could kill...

MochaEyeCandy

Lord some of you will never be pleased. You ***** when people don't have proof, and when they do it's not good enough. Then have the nerve to make a request :rolleyes:

Great progress for such a short period of time jcsavestheday! (Compliment and KEEP IT MOVING...it's not that hard :lachen:)

MAMATO

Honey, congrats on your growth.:yep: Unless others would prove me wrong, if you claim 1.25" in 3 weeks, I beleive you since there is no reason you would lie to me. That is, I am a very confident person who don't spend my day wondering whether or not people are trying to manipulate me with false truths. Conspiracy theory, kind of:rolleyes:. I never used MTG and I won't even after your success story... that's just me. Other than that, if other ladies want to use it after your success, it is all good:grin: Thanks again for sharing your finding with us. Happy hair growing:grin:

Nonie

OP, do you have a picture of the roots immediately after the relaxer? Not trying to be funny, but every time people have talked of amazing growth, we never really see the proof in a way that is w/o doubt. In other words, we are seeing the "after" photo of your roots but we don't know how the roots looked 3.5 weeks ago, yanno?

I can understand it's not always easy to think to take a photo that can be a good "before" photo since you really don't know if you will have growth worth talking about so that it will be necessary. But I think if I were trying a growth aid, I'd be so curious that either, I'd do a length check before and then wait till relaxer to do another length check and get the average growth. Or I'd take a pic of my roots and then take a pic of my roots later to show a clear comparison, picking an obvious section like a part down the center of my head.

I'm notorious for not having good comparison shots so I'm a fine one to speak, but if I ever make a claim of having an inch of growth, trust me, I will have clear proof in pics.

ETA: I am glad you're happy with your growth rate, whatever it be. Congrats.

Last edited:

lonelysky

Baby Chick Gate 2011
OP, do you have a picture of the roots immediately after the relaxer? Not trying to be funny, but every time people have talked of amazing growth, we never really see the proof in a way that is w/o doubt. In other words, we are seeing the "after" photo of your roots but we don't know how the roots looked 3.5 weeks ago, yanno?

I can understand it's not always easy to think to take a photo that can be a good "before" photo since you really don't know if you will have growth worth talking about so that it will be necessary. But I think if I were trying a growth aid, I'd be so curious that either, I'd do a length check before and then wait till relaxer to do another length check and get the average growth. Or I'd take a pic of my roots and then take a pic of my roots later to show a clear comparison, picking an obvious section like a part down the center of my head.

I'm notorious for not having good comparison shots so I'm a fine one to speak, but if I ever make a claim of having an inch of growth, trust me, I will have clear proof in pics.

ETA: I am glad you're happy with your growth rate, whatever it be. Congrats.

I wasn't anticipating getting this much growth, otherwise I would have.

lonelysky

Baby Chick Gate 2011
Lord some of you will never be pleased. You ***** when people don't have proof, and when they do it's not good enough. Then have the nerve to make a request :rolleyes:

Great progress for such a short period of time jcsavestheday! (Compliment and KEEP IT MOVING...it's not that hard :lachen:)

If I weren't from Missouri, I would probably take offense. That's why I put pictures in the first place. I'm working on getting a comparison.

Nonie

I wasn't anticipating getting this much growth, otherwise I would have.

Point taken.

Then I say keep doing what you're doing and take care of those ends so that when you do get a touch up, you can take a pic exactly like the 4/8/09 pics with your hair down the back and really show the truth that is hard to see right now of how well your hair is growing.

lonelysky

Baby Chick Gate 2011
These are pictures of my hair on April 10 (three days post). They are actually a better comparison b/c I had washed my hair a day before the comparison pictures. Please note that my hair is thick, Especially in the back. Also note that I'm wearing a head band.

I also covered my face b/c these are actually screencaps from a video, so my face was looking crazy in most shots.

Attachments

• roots41009.jpg
    roots41009.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 81
  • roots410092.jpg
    roots410092.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 71
  • roots410093.jpg
    roots410093.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 62
  • roots410094.jpg
    roots410094.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 79

msa

What's wrong with asking for a picture?

She said she got 1.5 inches of growth in less than a month. That's amazing. I just wanted to see it.