1(1/2) inches in 3 1/2 weeks!! (pics)

msa

I hear ya.

But I just question how prudent it is to question everything. Its like we're taking a Mythbusters/Judge Judy approach to accepting people's claims.

I question everything I read on here, ESPECIALLY when people are trying to prove how well a specific product works. I feel like this, if you (general you) are going to make a thread claiming that X product did Y, then you need to prove it.

If you say you grew 2inches a month because of MT/MTG/etc. etc. then I want to see pics. Now, other women on this board will take people's word for it, hair sight unseen. I'm not the one.

lonelysky

Baby Chick Gate 2011
Wow - I'm impressed. I thought some of the pics looked a bit more than 1.5 inches- that is fabulous. My dh couldn't hang with boundless tresses, i shudder to think how he might have reacted to mtg.

congratulations - i'm really happy for you!

eta - you really have to give a grain of salt to naysayers. if you'd had pictures from the fresh relaxer until now, then someone would have complained that there is no date, so you're fudging the dates. you keep doing what you're doing.

My husband hasn't said anything about the smell. I can smell it in the bed and pillows and stuff and he hasn't said a word. Granted he falls asleep as soon as his head hits the pillow. :rolleyes:

The oiliness and smell are the truth...I ended up putting too much on in my reapplication after church today. My stuff was dripping like jehri curl juice. And the thing with MTG is that it migrates, so you really only need to use a little. I got carried away though, trying to use it to moisturize my scalp.

gorgeoushair

I question everything I read on here, ESPECIALLY when people are trying to prove how well a specific product works. I feel like this, if you (general you) are going to make a thread claiming that X product did Y, then you need to prove it.

If you say you grew 2inches a month because of MT/MTG/etc. etc. then I want to see pics. Now, other women on this board will take people's word for it, hair sight unseen. I'm not the one.

She posted pics but they weren't good enough for ya:nono:
To be honest i don't see what's the big deal about her posting pics or not. People have had enough success w/ MTG although what works for some may not work for others. There are alot of MTG threads on here. If her proof is not good enough, why not do a search for more proof that the product works???

lonelysky

Baby Chick Gate 2011

I respect that. I think that it is good to have a healthy level of skepticisim. I think that skepticisim needs to be applied especially when we're thinking about using a product for ourselves.

However, I question what seems to be a (sub)culture of bird dogging that happens on here at times.

Not saying that you're guilty of said act, msa, but I've seen it on here.

Can't a sista catch a break? :rofl:

gorgeoushair

I respect that. I think that it is good to have a healthy level of skepticisim. I think that skepticisim needs to be applied especially when we're thinking about using a product for ourselves.

However, I question what seems to be a (sub)culture of bird dogging that happens on here at times.

I respect that too but sometimes it just seems like people are being smart and dogging you, etc.........even after you provided proof.:grin:

newflowers

My husband hasn't said anything about the smell. I can smell it in the bed and pillows and stuff and he hasn't said a word. Granted he falls asleep as soon as his head hits the pillow. :rolleyes:

The oiliness and smell are the truth...I ended up putting too much on in my reapplication after church today. My stuff was dripping like jehri curl juice. And the thing with MTG is that it migrates, so you really only need to use a little. I got carried away though, trying to use it to moisturize my scalp.

Did your scalp itch or hurt? I tried using the phytospecific growth serum once - and it works extremely well (can't say how much because i don't have pics :grin:), but, holy cow, my scalp ached for the whole three weeks, and i never purchased it again. i'm a big baby and decided to grow the old fashioned way.

LiberianGirl

Congrats on your progress OP.

Some people need to concentrate on improving their own busted head and stop ragging on other people.

mika vs sasha

great growth...i tried mtg but couldnt stick with it for several reason. but glad to know that you had succes!!! keep it growing!

msa

She posted pics but they weren't good enough for ya:nono:

The pics were not a good illustration of the thread topic. Her thread title is "1.5 inches in 3.5 weeks". The picture didn't show that IMO. And she admitted herself that she wasn't sure which part of her head the pic was showing. So I asked to see a part that showed what she was claiming.

I completely understand what you're saying. I think that's just part of being on an internet message board. Folks lie...that's why other people are skeptical. Sometimes it doesn't come across nicely, but hey that's life.

lonelysky

Baby Chick Gate 2011
Did your scalp itch or hurt? I tried using the phytospecific growth serum once - and it works extremely well (can't say how much because i don't have pics :grin:), but, holy cow, my scalp ached for the whole three weeks, and i never purchased it again. i'm a big baby and decided to grow the old fashioned way.

My scalp itched at first, then it was sore, then it was itchy and sore. for me the worst part was the itch. the soreness was there, but it was just kind of a dull sensation.

I hate to itch, and I could not get rid of the itch for anything. I ended up having to spritz my scalp with a pepermint oil and water mix to cool it off a little bit.

The itching is the one side effect that I could do without. But its nothing to deter me from using it. I did take about a week off from re-applications to give my scalp a rest.

I can't remember if I've said or not, but I also wear a shower cap over my head with the MTG/EVOO/pepermint oil/African Pride Oil Gro mix that I use. I don't use straight MTG. I did that once a few years ago and it wasn't that great.

I also do not rinse out between applications unless I'm going to be in a situation where I'm self conscious about hair stank. I;ve co washed and found that I wasn't able to get all of the smell out. Clarifying has been the only thing to do it for me.

LaLaa

Congrats on your growth! I want to start using it again but im trying JBCO this time. I did get great growth when i did use it. My siggy is how my hair grew using it for about 6 months.

BotanyGrl

I'm going to go ahead and say it... I think some posters have issues with MSA and yall should handle that via PM or by just placing her on ignore if you don't like her comments. All this "throwing rocks at dogs", "busted heads", and other sideways attacks aren't called for.

Back on topic: Op, congrats on the progress you made. Personally, it's hard for me to believe that anyone obtained 1.5 inches in three weeks from MTG because I've never seen an accurate comparison of it before. I'm also a skeptic... But girl don't break any rulers out just to prove yourself to strangers on the internet (me included)... It's not that serious. Happy Hair Growing :yep:

lonelysky

Baby Chick Gate 2011
I'm going to go ahead and say it... I think some posters have issues with MSA and yall should handle that via PM or by just placing her on ignore if you don't like her comments. All this "throwing rocks at dogs", "busted heads", and other sideways attacks aren't called for.

Back on topic: Op, congrats on the progress you made. Personally, it's hard for me to believe that anyone obtained 1.5 inches in three weeks from MTG because I've never seen an accurate comparison of it before. I'm also a skeptic... But girl don't break any rulers out just to prove yourself to strangers on the internet (me included)... It's not that serious. Happy Hair Growing :yep:

agreed!! :yep:

MissNina

Libra Girl

Definitely agreed. Those comments were so extra and unnecessary. . .esp when one of those same ppl brought GOD/JESUS into the thread. I am QUITE sure He doesn't want to be affiliated with mean-spiritedness :nono: soooo let's K.I.M. and keep it grown.

TaurusAngel

yes, really. my daddy used to say if you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, the one it hits is going to yelp.
:lachen:

And I don't think anyone is putting MSA on blast. I personally enjoy her quotes because she says how she feels. At the same time, all members are entitled to do that. Just because a member says something doesn't mean they were talking about her. As another poster stated, there are some members on here who try to analyze everything. Whats wrong with saying that if its true?

MizzBrown

:lachen:

And I don't think anyone is putting MSA on blast. I personally enjoy her quotes because she says how she feels. At the same time, all members are entitled to do that. Just because a member says something doesn't mean they were talking about her. As another poster stated, there are some members on here who try to analyze everything. Whats wrong with saying that if its true?

Someone JUST tried to put her on blast. If someone doesnt agree with the girl then she needs to go tend to her own busted head? WTF?

It was so obvious.:rolleyes:

TaurusAngel

Congrats on your progress OP.

Some people need to concentrate on improving their own busted head and stop ragging on other people.

Someone JUST tried to put her on blast. If someone doesnt agree with the girl then she needs to go tend to her own busted head? WTF?

It was so obvious.:rolleyes:

In all seriousness, where in LG's post is MSA's name? I don't see it. So we can't say who she was referring to. If you think she was, then thats fine, but just because I don't doesn't mean i'm wrong.

MizzBrown

In all seriousness, where in LG's post is MSA's name? I don't see it. So we can't say who she was referring to. If you think she was, then thats fine, but just because I don't doesn't mean i'm wrong.

Okay, IMO, i think she was. It was implied.

How else do you think we get around being banned? We still say the insult and leave the member's name out.

This is a common day practice here at the forum.

msa

I guess we'll never know unless LG decides to come back and enlighten us. Let me know if she does though, I have to step away from the computer and tend to my busted head.:yep:

Esq.2B

If folks don't believe that the OP obtained all of that growth, why don't folks just try it themselves? I don't see the point in all the nay-saying. The OP shouldn't have to "prove" anything to anyone. And even if she comes back with "proof," it doesn't mean that everyone will have the same results. So to the nay-sayers, try it. If it works for you, then rejoice. If not, oh well, just do what works for you.

OP, great progress!

TaurusAngel

I guess we'll never know unless LG decides to come back and enlighten us. Let me know if she does though, I have to step away from the computer and tend to my busted head.:yep:
Your hair isn't busted. I actually think its beautiful. And i'm sorry if you felt offended. No one should feel that way.