2 Week Club: The low manipulation challenge... anybody?

sareca

I just did my normal weekly wash and was going to just wash and condition and not comb so that I could go another week. My hair was a matted tangled mess this week. Last week it went so smooth, but this week I had to detangle because I was scared to leave it like that. It took me forever and I lost so much hair. This week I washed with Aubreys GPB, instead of a moisturizing poo. Can I only wash with moisturizing poo's while doing no manipulation? I really love not manipulating my hair during the week, so somebody please tell me where it went wrong this week. Thanks!!

I detangled yesterday (at 11 days) and mine was harder than usual too. This is only a guess but I think it was because there were still shed hairs from the last time and maybe even the first time still in my hair. :confused: My focus is more on detangling the first couple times. This time it's more focus on shed hair extraction.

madamone

Checking in!

I made it another 14 days.

The low manipulation isn't hard. The boredom is so Sareca how is this for a new routine:

Wash, DC 2x week.
Roller or Rod set
Air dry
Roll hair nightly with Satin Sponge rollers

I did this for about 2-3 months a while back. I don't comb or brush the hair at all. Not even when I set it. Is the nightly rolling too much manipulation? Even if I'm not combing it? I just grab some hair, slap some Humectress on it, seal it with some oil, add some end papers and roll.

Whatcha think?

sareca

I know what you mean about the boredom. I've been cowashing much more often and my hair seems to be getting better and better. I think it's fine as long as there's no combing/brushing :yep:

LayneJ

How are you guys doing? What day are you on?

I'm on day 11 as of today (Tuesday). I didn't plan on going 2 weeks, but I think I will because it's been alot easier this time around. The first time I became nervous around day 7.

Also, do you detangle on day 14 or after? Does it even matter? I've been detangling on the day after. :perplexed

Princess Pie

I forgot to post after I detanlged on 9/23. Anyway, I made it two weeks. :grin: I didn't loose as much hair as I thought I would. I'm still a little uncomfortable seeing all of those long hairs going down the drain, but ohwell... My hair is definitely thickening up, so I'm not going to worry too much. I think I'm shedding more, because I'm finding long hair all over my car and in my purse. :look: The oil rinses are helping, and I'm getting used to not having my hair straight all of the time. I'm going to comb/detangle again on 10/7 so I can relax my hair, otherwise I could probably go a little longer.

sareca

I forgot to post after I detanlged on 9/23. Anyway, I made it two weeks. :grin: I didn't loose as much hair as I thought I would. I'm still a little uncomfortable seeing all of those long hairs going down the drain, but ohwell... My hair is definitely thickening up, so I'm not going to worry too much. I think I'm shedding more, because I'm finding long hair all over my car and in my purse. :look: The oil rinses are helping, and I'm getting used to not having my hair straight all of the time. I'm going to comb/detangle again on 10/7 so I can relax my hair, otherwise I could probably go a little longer.

:club:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

sunshinebeautiful

I went AWOL for a week. I decided to flat iron and got addicted to running my comb through my hair, but I'm back this week. :look:

I'm going back to my daily wash-n-go routine. Today was day one. Let me just try to make it through 1 week. My birthday is coming up next week and I plan on flat ironing then.

Oil rinses are still my friend. :yep: I used EVOO for the first time this morning and my hair likes it.

sareca

I went AWOL for a week. I decided to flat iron and got addicted to running my comb through my hair, but I'm back this week. :look:

I'm going back to my daily wash-n-go routine. Today was day one. Let me just try to make it through 1 week. My birthday is coming up next week and I plan on flat ironing then.

Oil rinses are still my friend. :yep: I used EVOO for the first time this morning and my hair likes it.

Remember you have until December to get to 2 weeks. :yep: Take your time and listen to your hair.

That's funny I used olive oil this morning too.

KhandiB

The longest I made it was 9 days and that was on my second try

I am on day 4 of another low manip week. Which it is getting harder to not grab my super soft brush to tame this new growth .. :|

Its like at 5 weeks it starts thinking for itself ..

Aveena

Remember you have until December to get to 2 weeks. :yep: Take your time and listen to your hair.

That's funny I used olive oil this morning too.

I was just about to announce that I give up... :perplexed OK I'll keep trying.

My reggie has changed since I got a weave. Now I'm blowfrying (hehe) and flatironing 1 x 2 weeks. It's up in a protective style the whole time.

ladytq

Just checking in.

Well it's going on 5 weeks since I've used a comb in my hair to detangle. Every 7 days I detangle the last 3 inches of my hair in the shower full of conditioner. This works for me and I can tell my hair is getting thicker. I will no longer be detangling with comb unless Im wearing my hair straight.

I cant wait to see my progress in December, I know it will be satisfying!!!!

Thank you Sareca for this challenge:yay:.

tffy2004

I am new to this whole oil rinsing thing, I went and bought me some castor oil, and sweet almond oil and glycerin and rosemary oil, not to long ago and made a mixture and did an oil rinse for the first time ever in life and my hair was singin Hallelujah:blowkiss:!!!

Count me IN:yep:!!!

LayneJ

I made it 14 days!!! I detangled Friday. :grin:

I'll be going another 14 days. It was much easier than I thought it'd be. :yep:

sareca

The longest I made it was 9 days and that was on my second try

I am on day 4 of another low manip week. Which it is getting harder to not grab my super soft brush to tame this new growth .. :|

Its like at 5 weeks it starts thinking for itself ..

:lachen: @ think for itself. Hang in there...

sareca

I have done 14 days & 10 days so far. It's going great! :yay:

Yay! It's so much easier the next time around. :yep:
I detangled today. It was a piece of cake. I tried a new product
Pantene nourishing mask. It helped me get more of the shed
hairs out. Definitely a keeper.

Proudpiscean

Yay! It's so much easier the next time around. :yep:
I detangled today. It was a piece of cake. I tried a new product
Pantene nourishing mask. It helped me get more of the shed
hairs out. Definitely a keeper.

Ooh yes! Both pantene nourishing mask and the relaxed & natural breakage defense mask are great :up:
The nourishing mask is better for slip though :yep:

sareca

Ooh yes! Both pantene nourishing mask and the relaxed & natural breakage defense mask are great :up:
The nourishing mask is better for slip though :yep:

Good to know. I went looking for the breakage defense mask, but they didn't have it. I was kinda bummed about the nourishing mask until I used it. :wow:

MonaLisa

Okay.....I just did two 2-week stretches.....(my hair has turned around since I started following the Sylver method since April - low manipulation, braidout, and she's a bi-weekly washer)

so, I can ride it out until December....

I generally part my hair with my fingers or a wide bone comb to do my plaits..

As far as the protective styling....I will be slapping on a wig as soon as it gets too cold here in NYC...

Proudpiscean

Okay.....I just did two 2-week stretches.....(my hair has turned around since I started following the Sylver method since April - low manipulation, braidout, and she's a bi-weekly washer)

so, I can ride it out until December....

I generally part my hair with my fingers or a wide bone comb to do my plaits..

As far as the protective styling....I will be slapping on a wig as soon as it gets too cold here in NYC...

Two 2-week stretches! *Dang ML is on it* Get it girl :grin: :clap: