2009: 52 weeks of protective styles

Butterfly08

nooooo :look: Those were tree braids. They were indeed thick and pretty though! :ohwell: That'll be me this time, next year, though! :pray: :)

I'll add a pic of my real hair in my siggy.

I meant was that you in the YT tuts? Your hair looks thick in your siggy too. :yep:

sheba1

Thanks Wavesncurlz! I ran across them while watching hair vids on youtube. They're not me, but I wanted to share. :)

hairdrama:{

Whew it's week 10 already? :look: :giggle: Here goes:

WEEK 10 - DOIN' THE TWIST PART DEUX

I used a loose elastic and put my hair into a low ponytail. I parted the base of the ponytail above the elastic, looped my ponytail up and through the part and let the ends hang free. It formed kind of a bun with a little tail. Then I popped on a flower so I could be like the lovely flower ladies all through this thread! :cool:

Loving this style, it looks great on you. Defn. need to get me some flowers....:look:.

Girl……….I still didn’t get the flowers………:perplexed, but definitely need to get them soon….all these looks are :lick:.

I used heat this passed weekend because I had an important event, but here are the pics for the last couple of weeks:

French Braid:

Southerntease Bun:

Will get back on track next week….:yep:

Butterfly08

Girl……….I still didn’t get the flowers………:perplexed, but definitely need to get them soon….all these looks are :lick:.

I used heat this passed weekend because I had an important event, but here are the pics for the last couple of weeks:

French Braid:

I love all the styles you posted, but wow, next week's style was going to be a braid!!! Y'all keep reading my mind! :lol:

Lemme catch up and post last week's style. :rolleyes:

Butterfly08

WEEK 11 - WORLDS OF CURLS

I can't believe I forgot about this style, it was one of my staples. Basically a wet set with curls hanging in the front and a french roll in the back. Usually it's a lot fuller but I used larger rollers so it's more of a wave.

WEEK 11 - WORLDS OF CURLS

I can't believe I forgot about this style, it was one of my staples. Basically a wet set with curls hanging in the front and a french roll in the back. Usually it's a lot fuller but I used larger rollers so it's more of a wave.

So cute! Do you rollerset your whole hair of just the sides and the tips or the french roll???
Off topic: I'm curious to see your relaxer results.....:yep:...you might be MBL :look:

Butterfly08

So cute! Do you rollerset your whole hair of just the sides and the tips or the french roll???
Off topic: I'm curious to see your relaxer results.....:yep:...you might be MBL :look:

I rolled my entire head this time. I have been experimenting lately with pony tail sets and they are awesome! :up: The curls are loose because I used huge rollers. It's okay if you want the curls to hang lower, but it doesn't work as well if you want the curls to last several days.

I doubt I'm MBL, but I sure would be happy!!!!! :grin:

This is the other (I call it reversed) French braid. I did it on straightened hair so it looks silkier comparing it to the one I did last week on air dried hair; although my hair was kind of messy already by the time I took these pictures.

Reversed French Braid:

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
hairdrama - that reverse french braid brings back memories. I wore this style the whole time I was in school. And as I recall, my hair grew like mad. thanks for the trip down memory lane. I'll be using this hairstyle more often.

hairdrama - that reverse french braid brings back memories. I wore this style the whole time I was in school. And as I recall, my hair grew like mad. thanks for the trip down memory lane. I'll be using this hairstyle more often.

:yep: Yes, I used to do it more often as well, so now I'm revisiting my good ole styles, I love it, it's very "protective", that is something I like about braids, hair stays moisturized all day and when I take it down I love the soft waves I get from it.......:grin:

Butterfly08

This is the other (I call it reversed) French braid. I did it on straightened hair so it looks silkier comparing it to the one I did last week on air dried hair; although my hair was kind of messy already by the time I took these pictures.

Reversed French Braid:

I remember this style. :lol: We called it something else though! It looks really nice on you! :up:

I'm behind again with the style of the week so I will just post 2 on Thursday. I have one that I need to download but I'll wait and do both at the same time.

Keep the styles comin' ladies! :yep:

Butterfly08

Week 12 (yes I'm 2 weeks behind :look:): Spring Flowers:

I let my hair air dry, twisted up into a french roll and let the ends free. Then I added a flower.
I am 19 weeks post, almost 20!!! :blush: Perming this Saturday! :woohoo:

Butterfly08

WEEK 13: STICK A FLOWER ON IT AGAIN! :giggle:

I promise I'll have some better styles for the next few weeks! :lol:

If you have a boring ole bun, just stick a flower on it to liven it up. I found tons of great ones at the DOLLAR TREE! I got orange and purple but plan to go back for red, hot pink and white. :yep:

Tinkerbell19

WEEK 13: STICK A FLOWER ON IT AGAIN! :giggle:

I promise I'll have some better styles for the next few weeks! :lol:

If you have a boring ole bun, just stick a flower on it to liven it up. I found tons of great ones at the DOLLAR TREE! I got orange and purple but plan to go back for red, hot pink and white. :yep:

wow thats a great idea! i would have never thought about flowers from the dollar store. thankz!!:grin:

Asia Part II

Styles I've been playin with forr work....

Attachments

• DSC01406.jpg
    DSC01406.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 125
  • DSC01387.jpg
    DSC01387.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC01389.jpg
    DSC01389.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 99

Asia Part II

Thanks! You remember topsy tail from back in the day? Basically an inside-out pony tail? That's what I did. Then I tucked the ends up and under and pinned them. Excuse the lopsidedness. I fixed it after I took the pic, but didn't have time to take another. I also tried this with braiding the ends before I tucked them under. That wasn't bad, either.

hillytmj

Week 12 (yes I'm 2 weeks behind :look:): Spring Flowers:

I let my hair air dry, twisted up into a french roll and let the ends free. Then I added a flower.
I am 19 weeks post, almost 20!!! :blush: Perming this Saturday! :woohoo:

I can't wait to see your results!