2011 Hide Your Hair Challenge Part 3 (July 1st - Dec. 31st)

Ijanei

Still doing wash-n-go's LOVING IT! plus I colored my hair so it looks really cuuute! Can't wait til the end of this challenge!

Forever in Bloom

I finally took down my mini twists (after 5 weeks) and washed my hair! It felt nice to do a thorough cleansing of my scalp :yay: I am trying to decide if I want to put in mini twists again or just do braidouts for the rest of this cycle of the challenge? :scratchch Any thoughts ladies?

LilMissSunshine5

Do mini twists :yep:
It's not as much manipulation as a braidout.
Plus - you can really hide your hair.

beauti

dont think i mentioned this but i finally relaxed on veterans day after stretching a year...will never stretch that long again, 6mos max from now on

beauti

LilMissSunshine5 girrrlll! that new growth was a monster to deal with! although i mostly hid my hair with weaves and wigs, those take downs were no joke, and the washing process was long, detangling took forever and a day...what else...the moisture level had to increase significantly, some products that were staples when i was relaxed didnt do crap while stretching....yeah, dont think i wanna relive all that

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
Nice hair. :lick: I'm stretching for a year myself and I'm only 4 weeks in. Ive never done this before but now I know who to PM if I have a question. :grin:

dont think i mentioned this but i finally relaxed on veterans day after stretching a year...will never stretch that long again, 6mos max from now on........

Charla

Ms_CoCo37
Will this challenge continue on for Jan 2012 also? If so I'd def like to join. I'm always in PS anyway. Now I'm ready to venture into sew-ins for 2012.

Ms_CoCo37

Charla,

I definitely want to keep the challenge going. I need to get to WL by Dec. 2012 and HYH is a good way to reach it.:yep:

Hopefully, we'll have more takers once the new challenge starts.

ms.tatiana

Trying to go hard lol or play nice with my hair to make BSB or BSL by the end of the year.

I've been hiding and today I'm going to go buy a 27 piece quick weave and do a short wig for thanksgiving

ojemba

@Charla,

I definitely want to keep the challenge going. I need to get to WL by Dec. 2012 and HYH is a good way to reach it.:yep:

Hopefully, we'll have more takers once the new challenge starts.

Ms_CoCo37 I'll be continuing to hide my hair in 2012. I too am aiming for WL by Dec 2012. I'll try to reveal in Dec or Jan but I'm stretching my relaxer until May 2012 so I'm not sure how accurate my lenght check will be because I don't plan on using heat on my ng.

Ms_CoCo37

ojemba, I had a feeling I could count on you to continue with the challenge.:grin:

I can't wait to see everyone's reveal!:lick:

I'm a little disappointed in the setbacks I had earlier this year. When I think about it, I would have reached my goal of WL if I didn't have that breakage and of course the so-called "trim" I got from the dominican salon in May (never again).:ohwell:

It's definitely time to get serious!

ms.tatiana

My 27 piece wig looked a hot mess I'm going to take the hair off and have it sewed in. I'll add some long hair in the front to make a really cute bob or something.

So for right now I'm back wearing my Yasmine half wig, I had to buy a new one my old one wasn't any good any more.

beauti

did a self install early this week! taking it out by the end of december,just in time for our reveals! lord please give me the strength and drive that i need to moisterize my hair daily

Ms_CoCo37

Hey Ladies! Just checking in. I'm sporting a sloppy bun today. I washed yesterday and will likely twists my hair later this evening.

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
washed my hair after a month in braids. I lost a lot. :( I hope that's normal.

Sent from my LG-MS690 using LG-MS690

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1322575009558.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1322575009558.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 15

ojemba

Hi ladies!!!!

I haven't posted in here in a min but I've been keepign up with the challenged and hide my hair. I'm looking foward to seeing you'll reveals. Unfortunatly I won't be revealing because I'm on a 8 Month Relaxer stretch and I don't plan on using heat. I'll definetly post relaxer photos when my stretch is over.

Keep up the good work and Happy Holidays.

Forever in Bloom

washed my hair after a month in braids. I lost a lot. :( I hope that's normal.

pre_medicalrulz

I am going to be in these cornrows for 12 weeks; currently heading into week 10. I wish I only had that amount :drunk: but I know it's going to be a lot more :nono:

But that's what hair does - it sheds, so I'm going to try to be prepared come the end of December.

Ms_CoCo37

pre_medicalrulz, that doesn't look too bad to me. Normal shedding is 50-100 strands a day. Your hair was in braids for a month. Therefore, it's very likely that the hair you saw when you took the braids out is just your normal shed hair.

Don't be discouraged. I know I always have a good bit after I take my twists down and detangle. I have to keep reminding myself that this is normal. :)

LilMissSunshine5

pre_medicalrulz It looks normal to me...I constantly worry about that too! I lost a lot of hair when I had in mini twists for 5 weeks and I saved the ball of hair to take a picture :lachen: I was going to ask if it was excessive shedding, but then I thought I was being extra :lol: I finally threw it away after saying I was going to take a pic of it for days...don't judge me :look: Thanks for posting because it reinforced that shedding is normal post braids/twists :yep:

Shananyganz

Its been forever since I did a "check in"... I am still hiding my hair--- this time it is via a sew-in. I got the hair installed on Sept 28th and it is still going strong. I'm low-key thinking of making a thread, but let me not get ahead of myself.

As it stands, the hair (mine and the weave) has been properly maintained and still looks great...so we shall see. I'll probably just hold out long enough to figure out my next move.

~S~

pre_medicalrulz

THANKS LADIES!!!! I'm highly relieved. it slipped my mind that I hadn't detangled for a month & this should be normal. :) :) :) :)

I can't wait for reveals!! I'm revealing Saturday. ;)

FoxxyLocs

I've been bunning for the past two weeks. I need to wash today. Not sure what I'll be doing after that.

Sent from my HTC Evo

pre_medicalrulz

pre_medicalrulz It looks normal to me...I constantly worry about that too! I lost a lot of hair when I had in mini twists for 5 weeks and I saved the ball of hair to take a picture :lachen: I was going to ask if it was excessive shedding, but then I thought I was being extra :lol: I finally threw it away after saying I was going to take a pic of it for days...don't judge me :look: Thanks for posting because it reinforced that shedding is normal post braids/twists :yep:

lol!!! :) :) :)
I hear ya!!!! i wasn't going to post it either but I just HAD to know. lol!!!!!!