2011 Hide Your Hair Challenge Part 3 (July 1st - Dec. 31st)

bellebebe

Omg! Reviving this thread once again. XD... Anyway, I textlaxed last Saturday and I've been wigging it as always. This is a pic of my hair right now.... How I wear it under my wig.

I moisturized it earlier and I like the way it looks now. I'm on my cell, so sorry if its too big. I honestly do not know how long my hair is... I'm guessing it's at apl right now (not full yet). I flat-ironed a small section of my hair the other day and I was like :burning: where did THIS come from? Man, I was SOOOO tempted to flat iron my entire head.:yep:

Mobile phones are sexy too. <3 IPad ain't got chiz on me.

Last edited:

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
As of yesterday I am now in kinky twists and hopefully, I will have them in for the remainder of this challenge.

Anakinsmomma

Well ladies, I BC'd. From SL to a TWA (about two inches long?). Then I got some kinky twists installed today. I'm not crazy about them, a bun will be difficult (too thick? Maybe I could practice a sock bun). But I'm gonna keep them in till the end of the challenge, then start wiggling it. I'm assuming I'll be able to cornrow my own hair by them :)sekret:

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
I finally subscribed so I could actually post in the challenges that I lurk in. LOL. I have been protective styling since April 2011 100% of the time in wigs. Plan on remaining that way until I reach my hair goal of waist length. Personal choice. HELLO EVERYONE! :) I love you guys! So to be fair, my hair updates are in my signature pic. April 2011 and Aug 2011 and I cannot wait for the Dec 2011 reveal. Let's see if I can get MBL by the reveal time.

davisbr88

Getting a little bored with regular buns although they're so easy. I think I am going to do a twisted bun this week.

LilMissSunshine5

I am taking down my mini-twists this Friday (I've had them in for a month)...I can't wait to wash my hair :yay: I am going to do a cute style on my birthday and then go right back into mini-twists :grin: It takes FOREVER to do, but it is nice to not have to do my hair for a month :giggle: I think I am going to do crochet braids after my end of the year length check...decisions, decisions

Forever in Bloom

Ay caramba!

Six weeks in these cornrows and six more to go :blush:

The last time I lasted with a style this long was when I have a sew in for 3 months.

I shall have it all detangled and prettied up when the time comes for its reveal.

Hopefully the holidays will make me forget I have a rat's nest, I mean, this wonderful protective style on my head :look:

JJamiah

I have been protectice styling took my braids out 2 weeks ago and had some bumps Ewwww and they are finally starting to go away.

I braided my hair back up myself this time to avoid bumps. I plan on leaving these in for only 3 weeks. :) I have to have time to pamper my hair. Plus with the work outs i have to avoid build up.

My plans are to hide until april, wigging 3 weeks at a time then a week in a bun then back to wigging it for 3 weeks. 5 weeks was bbbbbaaaaaadddd! My hair, braids and excess moisture doesn't work.

Janet'

I did wear my hair down for about a week since I got it straightened, but starting this week--I'm up-do'ing it!

NikkiQ

Currently in twists but thinking of slowly but surely taking them down one at a time and retwist them into smaller ones.

pinkchocolatedaisy

OK so I took my braids down about a week ago or so (been wearing wigs). And this is what my hair looked like after detangling and combing it out.

I am trying to switch it up and do buns but I'm not liking the way mine look. They look too small and puny or they look frizzy and puffy. Idk how you ladies make yours look so fab. :(

Sent from my SPH-D700

CurlsBazillion

I haven't checked in in forever since I started school in august. I'm still in it mentally tho. I've had a small set back with some dull scissors but I will be investing in a mid range trimmer before my next trim and I will be doing seek n destroys from now on.

Whenever I'm not under a lace, half, or 3/4 wig I'm in these buns.

ms.tatiana

I've still be hiding my hair, but I just realized how easy it is to do my hair in a bun. & on youtube I keep finding nice buns so here is my big fake bun

NikkiQ

Been wearing a twist out for 3 days. Gonna rock a twist out bun for another day or so then it's wash time and back in twists I go.

pinkchocolatedaisy

I'm struggling her bc I don't have access to a braider...lol. I can't braid and if I'm gonna hide my hair braids worn under a wig work best for me. The less manipulation the better. Buns leave me with matted hair...no bueno. I'm gonna find a way to stick it out but when I'm thru with this challenge I'm gonna return to my WnGs. I can leave my hair be for 3-4 days with almost no manipulation and I don't get (more) tangles or knots like I do when bunning.

Sent from my SPH-D700

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
Enjoying my kinky twists and being uber lazy with my hair...

uploadfromtaptalk1321408840253.jpg

Our reveal is right around the corner ladies. Aren't you excited? Can't wait to see everyone's progress. I wonder if I'm up for round 4? **scratches head**

Sent from my Android...

Ms_CoCo37

Hi Ladies!

We're getting down to the wire...I can actually see the finish line up ahead.:grin:

For the past month, I've been faithfully hiding behind, twists and braidouts. I'm currently sporting an updo with old twists. It's not the cutest style, but it's serving it's purpose.

I have a formal coming up this Saturday, and I'm trying to debate on whether I want to straighten or do a nice twistout for the occasion. I plan to take my hair down and cowash tonight or tomorrow. Then I'll henna (with Lush CaCa Noir), and figure out if I want to straighten. I kind of don't want to see my length since we're so close to the reveal. Decisions, decisions.:perplexed

LilMissSunshine5

I finally took down my mini twists (after 5 weeks) and washed my hair! It felt nice to do a thorough cleansing of my scalp :yay: I am trying to decide if I want to put in mini twists again or just do braidouts for the rest of this cycle of the challenge? :scratchch Any thoughts ladies?

FoxxyLocs

I *think* I want to try some twists on blow dried hair after my wash this weekend. We'll see. I'm thinking I'll keep them for 2 weeks, then bun for a week, then straighten.

Sent from my HTC Evo

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
I'm taking down these twists so I can install a new set on Sunday or Monday. If I don't have the energy, I'll just bun.