2011 Hide Your Hair Challenge Part 3 (July 1st - Dec. 31st)

Ms_CoCo37

Hi Ladies,

For those of you who will be continuing the challenge with me, I'm going to go ahead and start working on the new thread and get it posted tomorrow. The challenge won't officially get under way until January 1st, but you're more than welcome to start posting.

Also, let me know if you have any suggestions for the new challenge thread (for example: more heat passes, shorter/longer challenge, etc.). I know some of you may be in more than one challenge that may require length checks so let me know your thoughts.

Thanks much!

Last edited:

pinkchocolatedaisy

Pics of my bun today:

Sent from my SPH-D700

ms.blue

I haven't posted in a longtime. I'm wearing my hair flatironed for 4 weeks now but my everyday style is a bun. I'm giving myself a break from wigs/weaves right now just for my scalp and hair can "breathe". I really do love this challenge.

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
I'm ready to reveal for all my challenges. can I post in here or do I need to wait until the reveal thread? lol

Sent from my LG-MS690 using LG-MS690

inneedofhelptx

I haven't checked in for awhile because I've been concentrating on school. I've still been hiding my hair in microbraids. Can you believe it's almost the end of the year? Everybody stay strong.

mzsophisticated26

I have not checked in for awhile..i used a pass and been wearing my hair down for about 3wks. I am back to wearing wigs and will be getting another sew in nxt wknd. I had to get about an inch trimmed in Oct due to breakage so I have lost most of my progress. It takes me about 3.5 mths to grow an inch :(

Forever in Bloom

20 more days in these cornrows. I thought I'd be able to take them out on 12/23, but I have to work until midnight, so guess what I'll be doing Christmas Eve :look:

Ijanei

Can't wait for the reveal. I already flat ironed my hair last week so I'm ready when you all are. This should be good. I feel great about this year, after a rough start

Ms_CoCo37

Ladies, can you believe this coming Saturday will be the big reveal?! :look: Whether we've gained inches, thickness, or made a comeback from a setback, I can't wait to see everyone's lovely locks!:lick:

SavannahNatural

I was not successful with this challenge! I believe I went 3 or 4 weeks before my hair was flying free again. And the length of time that it was free before I PS'd again can not count as a pass.

However I do know that being more diligent about PS'ing has helped maintain moisture with my hair. The times when I let it fly free, I almost always regretted it, when I didn't moisturize as I know it needed!

I have moments of pure laziness (I can admit this now), when the day has been long and I just want to crawl into bed and pray that my hair won't hate me when I wake up....don't do it ladies!! Protect your hair at all costs and take those few extra minutes every night to apply some sort of moisture and wrap it up.

Good luck to everyone on their HHJ!

danigurl18

Sooo.. I cut about 4 inches off yesterday... I still have a pic of it before it was cut though.. I really needed to start over.. I had a lot of heat damage on the bottom