2012 - Christian Random Thoughts Thread

LifeafterLHCF

This journey called life is a trip one day you feel so high then others you feel low as the depths of Sheol its a constant battle to stay balanced not too high or low. I'm starting to finally enjoy life and not get so caught up in things that I'm not and also not try to be some type of person I'm not. I love you ladies hope your weekends go greatly and blessed.

loolalooh

... I know, that I know, that I know, that I know ... He lives ... the tomb is empty ... I wanna tell everybody. :)

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
Had an exchange with a couple of Christians who called a well known minister a "feminist who undermines marriage" because, while he was harsh in telling men to step up and be men, he wasn't harsh enough with women. Well, he was in one sermon, they acknowledged, but that wasn't good enough. Sorry for the crudeness, but he was referred to as a "turd."

Then, some good Christian friends posted about this same minister, upset at how fundamentalist his teachings are, and how unhappy they were with him because his view of women is not open enough and he believes strongly in male headship. (no, these Christians aren't "liberals" either)

I am officially done. Serve God, obey His commands, and answer to Him alone at the last day.

Last edited:

fifi134

So often it's easy for me to complain when God seemingly hasn't come through in a situation for me. Thankfully, my sister has helped me see that God lets things happen/not happen in order to protect me. Everything will work well in His perfect timing. All we have to do is trust that He truly knows what's best for His children.

Iwanthealthyhair67

Should we just say what the bible says and not say whether we agree with the word or not?

A very popular bishop just said he doesn't get to give his opinion he says what the bible says,but shouldn't out opinion coincide with what the bible says...if the bible condemns a thing are we quoting without having opinions...I don't get that

Iwanthealthyhair67

Why didn't he say Jesus is the only path to
God as oppose to saying there are many paths to God, wow always skirting around the question never answering point blank...

I know we make him sad sometimes, to whom much is given much is required.

sidney

Ladies, please continue to pray for all the people who got saved yesterday, that they will be connected with a body so that they can continue the process of santification. Particularly those that came to your church.

Iwanthealthyhair67

After a tragic loss of a loved one why do people say: "I've lost everything, my whole life is over" and the child or spouse left behind hears it and they feel unloved and unwanted.

Iwanthealthyhair67

How often do we give God the leftovers at the end of the day...

Too tired
Too sleepy
Not enough time
School, work, husband, children, me time

God understands, he sees my heart ....

God wants our best, nothing less will do.

loolalooh

And what do you know, this sermon answers a question I've been praying about. The answer didn't come in the form I expected it to. Nor did it answer the question in the way I wanted it to. But it gave me the words and Scriptures I needed to know. A cold and depression couldn't prevent me from receiving this ... keep on fighting through whatever obstacles you face, ladies.

Iwanthealthyhair67

It is not possible to live your 'best life' without God, Beleive it or not our purpose is to serve God, but we don't want to accept that, we much rather be famous and rich... Don't believe the hype all this other stuff is fluff leading you down the broad road to destruction fully motivated.

What's the purpose in gaining this whole world and losing your soul.

Iwanthealthyhair67

1 Peter 2:9
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Peculiar definition
1. (a.) One's own; belonging solely or especially to an individual; not possessed by others; of private, personal, or characteristic possession and use; not owned in common or in participation.

2. (a.) Particular; individual; special; appropriate.

3. (a.) Unusual; singular; rare; strange; as, the sky had a peculiar appearance.

4. (n.) That which is peculiar; a sole or exclusive property; a prerogative; a characteristic.

pe·cu·liar   Spelled[pi-kyool-yer]
adjective
1. strange; queer; odd: peculiar happenings.
2. uncommon; unusual: unique, different
3. distinctive in nature or character from others.
4. belonging characteristically (usually followed by to )
5. belonging exclusively to some person, group, or thing

So, why are we still trying to 'fit' in?
And be popular, and be liked, and be accepted and be ______ (fill in the blank)

kweenameena

Last night, I asked God to remove someone from my life if they weren't for me.
As of this morning....that person has been removed with no input whatsoever from me.
It caught me off guard because it happened so quickly.
It hurts just a bit and I have unanswered questions....but I know it's for the best.
I'm mostly amazed at how quickly God moves. And it confirms what I was feeling all along.

LoveisYou

There's no greater release than being completely naked before God, just being open and honest
I told him all my worries, fears and insecurities'
I admitted my sins and shortcomings
I asked for His forgiveness and direction
I decided to trust Him with my life
Lord I believe, help me with my unbelief

smwrigh3

God is moving in my life right now in some amazing ways. I am brought to tears b/c I am amazingly humble. I am unworthy and undeserving. All my life I have wanted to move to DC and work in government/politics and now at my first time even trying I have 2 fellowship offers and its only the beginning of the season. I pray the Lord to guide me thru his vision and I thank him for looking out in the world of so many people (Better than I) and picking me up from my little black hole of depression and saving me. Lots of people with my diagnosis kill themselves. But I didn't I fought back! I didn't have a place to live and my friends put a roof over my head and one of them gave me their job! And now 6 months later I am chasing my dreams!!!!! He saved me... He really saved me. I give him glory if for nothing else... my life!

smwrigh3

Last night, I asked God to remove someone from my life if they weren't for me.
As of this morning....that person has been removed with no input whatsoever from me.
It caught me off guard because it happened so quickly.
It hurts just a bit and I have unanswered questions....but I know it's for the best.
I'm mostly amazed at how quickly God moves. And it confirms what I was feeling all along.

kweenameena I said this prayer so many times in my last relationship and everytime God removed him I would bring him back and things would just get worse. The last time when I stopped fighting God and noticed that ol' boy wasn't even fighting for me...

kweenameena

@kweenameena I said this prayer so many times in my last relationship and everytime God removed him I would bring him back and things would just get worse. The last time when I stopped fighting God and noticed that ol' boy wasn't even fighting for me...

smwrigh3
I was tempted to text him and see what was up (although he ended up sending me a nasty text later in the evening anyway).
Everytime I was about to text him I heard God say "you better not reach out to him or you'll feel worse". And I kept telling myself that it was me thinking it and not God speaking it to me.

It was definitely God speaking to me. I ended up texting a response to his text anyway and it opened the door for him to speak all sorts of lies, accusations and evil over me and about me. I was up all night telling myself not to address it. Had I left it alone like God said....my feelings wouldn't have been as hurt and I would've gotten some sleep. But I ended up opening up a floodgate of hurt. So today I'm licking my wounds, praising God and getting back on track. I knew better. :nono:

LoveisYou

Luke 9:23-24
Jesus said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it.

Thoughts on today's verse

"I've just got to find myself." Won't ever happen. We do not "find ourselves, our life" by pursuing it. We find it by losing it to something or someone greater than ourselves. We find our life be losing it to Jesus and the work of his Kingdom.

auparavant

kweenameena I said this prayer so many times in my last relationship and everytime God removed him I would bring him back and things would just get worse. The last time when I stopped fighting God and noticed that ol' boy wasn't even fighting for me...

Speaks to me much....I was dealing with a whole bunch of lies and dishonesty in my marriage and afterwards...secrecy but then again, lying against me and such. I walked away from that community. I always wanted vindication. But you know what, I got it in the end. If the bishop can say to me he sees me, knows me and believes I am walking rightly, that's all I need. I got that this weekend. I also got back my community and extended family back into my life. Praise G-d. Harsh words are often spoken out of pain. He's at peace now and the truth is surging out. Sometimes, you gotta walk away from it all and let G-d handle it. It's hard when you care greatly about a good name. But even the innocents' good names are maligned at times.

BrandNew

Loc'd up and loving it!
THE CHOICE
by Max Lucado

IT’S QUIET. It’s early. My coffee is hot. The sky is still black. The world is still asleep. The day is coming.

In a few moments the day will arrive. It will roar down the track with the rising of the sun. The stillness of the dawn will be exchanged for the noise of the day. The calm of solitude will be replaced by the pounding pace of the human race. The refuge of the early morning will be invaded by decisions to be made and deadlines to be met.

For the next twelve hours I will be exposed to the day’s demands. It is now that I must make a choice. Because of Calvary, I’m free to choose. And so I choose.

I choose love . . .

No occasion justifies hatred; no injustice warrants bitterness. I choose love. Today I will love God and what God loves.

I choose joy . . .

I will invite my God to be the God of circumstance. I will refuse the temptation to be cynical . . . the tool of the lazy thinker. I will refuse to see people as anything less than human beings, created by God. I will refuse to see any problem as anything less than an opportunity to see God.

I choose peace . . .

I will live forgiven. I will forgive so that I may live.

I choose patience . . .

I will overlook the inconveniences of the world. Instead of cursing the one who takes my place, I’ll invite him to do so. Rather than complain that the wait is too long, I will thank God for a moment to pray. Instead of clinching my fist at new assignments, I will face them with joy and courage.

I choose kindness . . .

I will be kind to the poor, for they are alone. Kind to the rich, for they are afraid. And kind to the unkind, for such is how God has treated me.

I choose goodness . . .

I will go without a dollar before I take a dishonest one. I will be overlooked before I will boast. I will confess before I will accuse. I choose goodness.

I choose faithfulness . . .

Today I will keep my promises. My debtors will not regret their trust. My associates will not question my word. My wife will not question my love. And my children will never fear that their father will not come home.

I choose gentleness . . .

Nothing is won by force. I choose to be gentle. If I raise my voice may it be only in praise. If I clench my fist, may it be only in prayer. If I make a demand, may it be only of myself.

I choose self-control . . .

I am a spiritual being. After this body is dead, my spirit will soar. I refuse to let what will rot, rule the eternal. I choose self-control. I will be drunk only by joy. I will be impassioned only by my faith. I will be influenced only by God. I will be taught only by Christ. I choose self-control.

Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. To these I commit my day. If I succeed, I will give thanks. If I fail, I will seek his grace. And then, when this day is done, I will place my head on my pillow and rest.