2012 is approaching - what are you curious to try?

Cendra

New products: Komaza hair care; Giovanni leave-in conditioner

Natural stuff for styling/maintenance: Mango, cocoa, kokum butters; avocado oil; flaxseed gel; banana-based conditioner

Out of the box for growth: monthly scalp sugar scrub; cayenne pepper on the scalp.

What about you? What are you dying to try next year? ( I say next year cuz my budget is busted for this year :grin: )

lilyofthenile

More of the Shea Moisture range, i.e. their Yucca and Baobab range. I'd also love to try more Hairveda items such as the Whipped Ends Hydration.

I'd love to straighten my hair sometime next year, but only if I reach my length goal of APL.

Skiggle

Honestly, nothing!
I'm will be using my stash of various PJ products
and picking out staples from there. 2012, I will be cutting back.

SuchaLady

Weave for the first time and salon quality products. Every normal shampoo I've tried has either dried out my scalp or hair.

kupenda

Nexxus shampoo and Shea Moisture shampoo. I haven't found a shampoo yet that I really like that's in liquid form. I get kinda tired of shampoo bars

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Ms. Tiki

Macadamia Oil, Avocado Oil, Chi products. When it comes to flatironing I have been faithful to using Design Essentials Silk Essentials and Straight Sexy Hair. I have been too cheap and broke to buy anything Chi. I want a better flatiron. I'm dying to know the diff b/t Sedu/FHI/Chi and my cheapie BSS flatiron or my Maxiglide

BreeNique

Um...everything!

But 2012 will be my no product buying challenge. I have truly no reason to buy a ton of products, I have enough with my few conditioners, etc. I want to use up what I have, and then try again with what I get over thanksgiving from home!

That's the plan!

AwesomelyNappy

i wouldn't mind coloring my hair (but i probably wont).

also, i want to try going the whole year without heat.

and i cant think of the name of it, but its a product i read about here that is like a mud mask that you use on your hair that eliminates the need for daily moisturizers. seems like it would make things simpler, but i need to research it more.

also, wen

kandake

I want to buy a professional flat iron. I have a Jilbere that worked awesome on my relaxed hair and it was only $30-$40. But I still want to see what the professional grade irons are all about.

Also, I want to purchase a steamer.

As for products, I'm set. If anything I may just experiment for the heck of it.

bebezazueta

Whew! Where do I start?
Wen
Lacio lacio
Salerm 21
Hairfinity
U part wig
Shescentit okra stuff
Strawllers
Curlformers
Kenra moisture dc
Elasta qp mango butter

chelleyrock

Color (a rinse though) - undecided on which color to choose
Flat ironing - (haven't flatironed in over a year)
Kinky Curly products

That's about it for now

JJamiah

Curlformers

& Using up my stash :)

I have no reason to purchase ANYTHING really next year. I am already purging my stash :)

kandiekj100

I would like to a modified crown and glory method. It would modified because I don't know if I'd ever be the type to to just keep braids in my hair, but I figure incorporating more braids could do me some good and help with the hands in hair syndrome, retention, while still having hang. I realized that I just love hang, no matter what form it comes in. I love flatironed hair for swang, but I swang in braids too. :yep:

Napp

Ms. Nobody
i would like to try not buying anything new actually. i want to see how sticking to a certain amount of products works.

NaturalPath

1. Megatek
2. Wigs

**Ive only worn 1 half wig before and I would like to muster up the courage to start wearing wigs to hide my hair during the cold months.

LaBelleLL

different hair vitamins:
hairfinity
viviscal
ultra nourish

re products:
I have my staples and will stock up on those when needed. I have more than enough conditioners.

skraprchik

I've been on a no-buy since the 4th of July sales, and I still have enough products to last me a good long while. The only thing I got on Black Friday were HairVeda oils, which I am almost out of and are staples for me. So, no new products.

What I will be trying this coming year is a weave. I'll be getting my first one in January and I'm looking forward to it.

Last edited:

NaturalEnigma

I'd like to try:
Jessicurl's deep conditioning treatment
Curls product line
Karens body beautiful sweet ambrosia
AO's blue green algae mask
Sweet almond oil
Strawlers
Curl formers
Alba Botanica conditioners
AO jojoba and aloe conditioner
AO Rosa Rosqueta conditioner
And a whole bunch of other stuff I can't seem to remember now lol.

Fine 4s

Roller sets and curlformers and at some point in 2012 a hard press depending on whether I recovered from the heat damage from over the summer.

prettybyrd

I think that I'd like to try color. A nice red/brown maybe.
Going without heat. I want to try living without my beloved Silverbird. :)
Wearing more twists and braid outs.
BANGS!!! I saw some ladies onn YT who wear bangs, and I really want to try this look.

Last edited:

blessedandlucky

I tried color this year and that was one of the worse hair mistakes of my life. So spending 2012 in recovery mode. Plan to stretch for 12 weeks and maybe protective style more frequently.

ETA: being more consistent with nioxin for 6 months

prettybyrd

blessedandlucky, what happened with your hair due to the color? I'd like to try it, but I really don't want to get a setback. It's bad enough I got sacked with heat damage this year.