2012 is approaching - what are you curious to try?

NikkiGirl

I am curious to try being completely natural/that is ending my transition. I haven't made up my mind yet.

CurliDiva

I want to use up all of my hair products, which means that I'm going have to MIX the so-so items with the good stuff to get consistent results.

I am also determined to FINGER DETANGLE for the entire year.

sonychari

Nexxus shampoo and Shea Moisture shampoo. I haven't found a shampoo yet that I really like that's in liquid form. I get kinda tired of shampoo bars

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Try KeraCare's hydrating detangling shampoo and Abba Pure Shampoo for color treated hair. Both are pretty nice. They r both at Ulta.

MsKikiStar

I tried color this year and that was one of the worse hair mistakes of my life. So spending 2012 in recovery mode. Plan to stretch for 12 weeks and maybe protective style more frequently.

ETA: being more consistent with nioxin for 6 months

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

:yep: at the bolded. I was fine until a few weeks ago. Forgot to do a protein treatment the week before since the weather got colder. Smh.

anywho...

• a full lace wig in the cold months (1/2-wigs worked great for me last year)
  • baggying
  • roller setting when it gets warmer

Last edited:

sonychari

I want to try and limit my-self to-
-3 Dc's that I can rotate
-3 leave-ins to rotate
-3 moisturizers to rotate
-3 scalp items to rotate
-2 gels to rotate
-2 Butters to rotate
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
*I pray that these items are not expensive..lol

I already have 3 favorite Sulfate Free-poo's..
I have 3 favorite ceramide oils (seal)..

NARROW MY PRODUCTS DOWN!

Happy Hair Growing!

I like the idea of rotating products. It's something that I have begun to try. I'm also experimenting with mixing different deep conditioners.

sonychari

Alright. Tried the Nexxus shampoo. Nothing to write home about. Still interested in SM. Also want to try Giovanni Direct Leave In, Darcy's Botanicals, and She Scent It. But I promised the SO I wouldn't buy more products for 6 months. Darn. What was I thinking!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF :)

Yes girl, what were you thinking? Six whole months :nono:? The things we do for love :spinning:.

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
Flaxseed gel...I'm going to make some tomorrow...yea!

Eta: whoops, I just realized this thread is quite old and 2012 is here now! Sorry everyone, don't stone me!!

Sent from my ADR6400L using ADR6400L

UGQueen

i am curious to start my own sew in with invisible part.. and yes ladies with glue!
i have finally got my hands on gro protect solutions. so i cant wait to protective style all the way til june!
took out my sew in yesterday and doing a new install today.. ill post pics if i get a chance. :)

InBloom

In my new-growth
In one of my recent Birchbox packages was a sample of Number 4 Lumiere Hair Mask.

I slept on this stuff until last night. I mixed it in with my favorite moisturizing conditioner because it's a reconstructor. My hair turned out fabulous and now I'm stung.

I checked the price on Birchbox and they sell it for $58, but I've got points to take about $10 off. I used all of the sample size, so I don't know how well it works alone. I justify the cost by telling myself I wouldn't be using it as regularly as my normal moisturizing. I had a dream about the stuff last night, so it'll probably find its way into my life really soon.

Another item I've been eyeballing for a while (about a year actually) is the Kerastase Chronologiste. I haven't given in yet, still strong.

I would like to dabble a bit more in Ayurvedic haircare because I've not seen any negative feedback from anyone.

Also, scalp massages more consistently.