2013 Relaxed Hair Buddy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luprisi

Luprisi baddison divachyk, Luprisi, DominicanBrazilian82, Nix08, Cherry89, Jobwright, pre_medicalrulz

Checking in!

I've been super lazy with my hair lately! :nono: Since I relaxed bone straight, my roots are still straight-ish and I don't have to do much.

I really need to get back in here to get inspired. How are ya'll?

I might be guilty of doing too much. I'm hanging in there and am now 6 1/2 weeks post. My HHJ began barely 4 months ago and I'm getting to know my hair a lot better. I think my hair is hating mineral oil. I just purchased a big jar of silicon mix with bamboo extract (no problem with silicones so far) and my hair came out sooo dry. I don't know if it is the mineral oil in it or that I used quite a bit of essential oil (4) but I'm having a bad hair day! I might give it another go to the product itself and see how if performs because I really want to like this product.
I also want to henna again. My last treatment already wore off.

How is everyone doing?

mschristine

divachyk I co washed tonight and put salt in my conditioner. It instantly softened my hair in the shower but when I washed it out..my hair still feels "proteiny"..yeah I made that word up...maybe I should do it it with each conditioner wash including my deep conditioner?

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
@divachyk I co washed tonight and put salt in my conditioner. It instantly softened my hair in the shower but when I washed it out..my hair still feels "proteiny"..yeah I made that word up...maybe I should do it it with each conditioner wash including my deep conditioner?

@mschristine, I deep conditioned with salt so it had more contact time on my hair, thus broke the protein bonds more than a cowash would do. You might need to deep condition with salt vs. cowashing.

divachyk

EnExitStageLeft - twerk, twerk, twerk! Congrats!

Jobwright, the name of the game is retain...length will come. Great job! Yay on getting compliments. You know when you're doing something right when others notice.

KiWiStyle, it's a must that I flat iron the roots to knock out some of the kink. That extra step has made a difference in relaxer day. The shed hairs are not as compacted to my head. I'm glad that worked for you also shortdub78.

I need to go back a few posts to see what this is all about...I am willing to try anything...Almost.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF
KiWiStyle, we were talking protein overload. I suggested MsChritsine use salt in her conditioner. I learned that trick from shortdub78 and the moisturizing mojo thread that was started way back in the day.

sunnieb Luprisi, baddions, DominicanBrazilian82, Nix08, Cherry89, Jobwright pre_medicalrulz

My hair is a tangled mess. I have been hair lazy and I know I will pay for it tonight when I try to detangle. I seriously need to wash it because it feels super dry. I'll detangle tonight and attempt a cowash tomorrow to last me until this weekend.

Who is relaxing at the end of this month... I need a buddy!!
JudithO, my blog countdown counter says I have about 20 days until TU. I may try to stretch beyond that but if not, I'll be at the end of the month.

divachyk

I revamped my blog girls. Check me out and tell me what you think. Sorry that I've been MIA but the blog thing had me hostage. I still have some cleanup to do (update hyperlinks in previous posts so it can route to the proper destination) and add a few more bells & whistles but I'd love to know what you think. Link is in my siggy.

JudithO

@EnExitStageLeft - twerk, twerk, twerk! Congrats!

@Jobwright, the name of the game is retain...length will come. Great job! Yay on getting compliments. You know when you're doing something right when others notice.

@KiWiStyle, it's a must that I flat iron the roots to knock out some of the kink. That extra step has made a difference in relaxer day. The shed hairs are not as compacted to my head. I'm glad that worked for you also @shortdub78.

@KiWiStyle, we were talking protein overload. I suggested @MsChritsine use salt in her conditioner. I learned that trick from @shortdub78 and the moisturizing mojo thread that was started way back in the day.

@sunnieb @Luprisi, @baddions, @DominicanBrazilian82, @Nix08, @Cherry89, @Jobwright @pre_medicalrulz

My hair is a tangled mess. I have been hair lazy and I know I will pay for it tonight when I try to detangle. I seriously need to wash it because it feels super dry. I'll detangle tonight and attempt a cowash tomorrow to last me until this weekend.

@JudithO, my blog countdown counter says I have about 20 days until TU. I may try to stretch beyond that but if not, I'll be at the end of the month.

Girl... you are on!! End of the month...

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Ducking in to say that my texlaxed strands are 5 times thicker than my bone-laxed hair and....JBCO is off the chain!! I found a balding spot in my front hairline and started using JBCO less than a week ago and the hair is growing back FAST! That is all...carry on.

Evolving78

Ducking in to say that my texlaxed strands are 5 times thicker than my bone-laxed hair and....JBCO is off the chain!! I found a balding spot in my front hairline and started using JBCO less than a week ago and the hair is growing back FAST! That is all...carry on.

it helped me fill in my hairline too! how is your hair and two textures holding up? your hair is growing so well. i hate i had such a setback. i could be where you ladies are in terms of length.

EnExitStageLeft

shortdub78

Considering how many changes you've had with your hair over the last couple of years, we should be coming to you for advice :yep:. You hair bounces back pretty fast, now had that been my hair I'd still be a TWA natural (slow-average growth sucks sometimes, but I'll take it over nothing :yep:)

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
it helped me fill in my hairline too! how is your hair and two textures holding up? your hair is growing so well. i hate i had such a setback. i could be where you ladies are in terms of length.

shortdub I'm happy you found something that worked, I was getting worried.

My I have many textures on my head, lol but for the most part there are 3 textures. My hair tangles and knot so much now, I'm thinking as long as I'm texlaxing, 12 weeks may be as far as I'll go. Wash day and pre/post wash detangling is way too time consuming. I'm mostly 4b that I can tell and this stuff shrinks to my scalp and takes a web of my relaxed ends with it. My nape is 4a and very fine so it tangles like no other.

I understand how you feel about your setback, I can imagine how discouraging it can be on your journey. You'll get back and maybe farther than where I am because I have less than average growth. Keep using the JBCO ;-).

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
shortdub78, I <3 your hair. It looks amazing and you've made great progress. KiWiStyle, I'm afraid of the 3 textures if I go through with texlaxing.

Yes, you just have to stay on top of your moisture game from the start so that means no more lazy days. I've been using S-Curl that keeps my TL parts moisturized for a few days.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Yes, you just have to stay on top of your moisture game from the start so that means no more lazy days. I've been using S-Curl that keeps my TL parts moisturized for a few days. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF
Cattypus1 xu93texas Altruisticoam yoli184 shortdub78 EnExitStageLeft soonergirl SunySydeofLyfe Hi ladies! Just checking in...nothing real to report other than that I'm 10 weeks post and will be relaxing in 2 weeks. My three different textures are working my last nerves, knotting and tangling and throwing all kinds of fits like a mad woman. Mentally I'm not ready for the creamy crack but her "hairess" says otherwise. I'm looking at Monday 11/4. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Last edited:

Evolving78

Cattypus1
xu93texas
Altruisticoam
yoli184
shortdub78
EnExitStageLeft
soonergirl
SunySydeofLyfe

Hi ladies! Just checking in...nothing real to report other than that I'm 10 weeks post and will be relaxing in 2 weeks. My three different textures are working my last nerves, knotting and tangling and throughing all kinds of fits like a mad woman. Mentally I'm not ready for the creamy crack but her "hairess" says otherwise. I'm looking at Monday 11/4.

When will be the next time you relax? Are u gonna stretch? I wanna go for 4-6 months. I was able to pull off 4 months with no problem.

Evolving78

shortdub78, I <3 your hair. It looks amazing and you've made great progress.

KiWiStyle, I'm afraid of the 3 textures if I go through with texlaxing.

You saw my hair? Lol oh thank u! I still gotta send u some stuff. You know I have been going through it, so please be patient with me! I thought about the three textures too. I would like thicker hair, but my texture is so coily and shrinkage is no joke for me.
I really need to wash my hair today. I got coconut oil just sitting in my hair.

Evolving78

My I have many textures on my head, lol but for the most part there are 3 textures. My hair tangles and knot so much now, I'm thinking as long as I'm texlaxing, 12 weeks may be as far as I'll go. Wash day and pre/post wash detangling is way too time consuming. I'm mostly 4b that I can tell and this stuff shrinks to my scalp and takes a web of my relaxed ends with it. My nape is 4a and very fine so it tangles like no other.

I understand how you feel about your setback, I can imagine how discouraging it can be on your journey. You'll get back and maybe farther than where I am because I have less than average growth. Keep using the JBCO ;-).

This is why I need to read! U just told me you might go 12 weeks. So I need to do the math for your next date. We should be relaxing around the same time for your next touchup after the 11/4=

Evolving78

This is why I need to read! U just told me you might go 12 weeks. So I need to do the math for your next date. We should be relaxing around the same time for your next touchup after the 11/4.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
When will be the next time you relax? Are u gonna stretch? I wanna go for 4-6 months. I was able to pull off 4 months with no problem.

shortdub78

I'm not sure but most likely late January or early February. It all depends on what's going on in my life and if I can find a solution to better manage the textures. My natural hair is so darn kinky and dry, it's draws to my scalp like crazy and my shrinkage is unbelievable.

SunySydeofLyfe

Cattypus1
xu93texas
Altruisticoam
yoli184
shortdub78
EnExitStageLeft
soonergirl
SunySydeofLyfe

Hi ladies! Just checking in...nothing real to report other than that I'm 10 weeks post and will be relaxing in 2 weeks. My three different textures are working my last nerves, knotting and tangling and throughing all kinds of fits like a mad woman. Mentally I'm not ready for the creamy crack but her "hairess" says otherwise. I'm looking at Monday 11/4.

I'm 12 weeks and was contemplating transitioning then i remembered that i want to master relaxed hair first. I won't tu till right before my birthday Nov 30 @ 18 weeks

naija24

For you ladies that stretch, do you straighten your hair between touchups or do you avoid heat? and if you do straighten, do you still see a difference when you touchup?

I feel like if you straighten your hair religiously, you won't see a difference in length once you relax.

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
For you ladies that stretch, do you straighten your hair between touchups or do you avoid heat? and if you do straighten, do you still see a difference when you touchup?

I feel like if you straighten your hair religiously, you won't see a difference in length once you relax.

I dont but why do you think you wont see a difference? Do you think its breaking off?

EnExitStageLeft

KiWiStyle

Girl when i first transitioned to texlaxed hair i dealt with the same thing. I was high po all The way and damaged at the time, so i may not be much help for your low po strands.

shortdub78

i agree w/ divachyk your hair is very pretty

SunySydeofLyfe

Are you going to flexirod it when you relax? your flexi sets are so cute

As for my update......Im still bunning and air drying. I want to do a braidout so bad i can't see straight, but time hasn't been on my side lately:(

Last edited:

naija24

pre_medicalrulz

Nah, I feel like, if you straighten all the time, the only difference between relaxing and not relaxing will be no reversion.

I know I am due for a relaxer because I'm starting to see stray broken hairs here and there when I wash which I remember only happens post 8-10 weeks, but I feel like....I can length check when I straighten so there's no need to relax to see how much longer my hair has gotten.

I'm trying to hold off on touchups until at least November.

sunnieb

naija24 Nope! I just deal with whatever my hair does.

I don't trust myself with heat and I really don't trust a stylist either. Thick newgrowth makes for juicy buns and bodacious braidouts! :grin:

SunySydeofLyfe

naija24 I dont avoid it I just dont do it that much! This board has be scurred of heat!!! I want length....even tho I am not seeing it...for real....

SunySydeofLyfe

@KiWiStyle

Girl when i first transitioned to texlaxed hair i dealt with the same thing. I was high po all The way and damaged at the time, so i may not be much help for your low po strands.

@shortdub78

i agree w/ @divachyk your hair is very pretty

@SunySydeofLyfe

Are you going to flexirod it when you relax? your flexi sets are so cute

As for my update......Im still bunning and air drying. I want to do a braidout so bad i can't see straight, but time hasn't been on my side lately:(

I am not sure and thank you, maybe I will try on my hair now with this baby forest! I have been wearing two braids and I love it! I do need a change. You have encouraged me!!!

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Cattypus1 xu93texas Altruisticoam yoli184 shortdub78 EnExitStageLeft soonergirl SunySydeofLyfe Hi ladies! Just checking in...nothing real to report other than that I'm 10 weeks post and will be relaxing in 2 weeks. My three different textures are working my last nerves, knotting and tangling and throwing all kinds of fits like a mad woman. Mentally I'm not ready for the creamy crack but her "hairess" says otherwise. I'm looking at Monday 11/4. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF
I've got the same problem as in the different textures and I'm almost 15 weeks...I'm taking it week by week and it's not the cutest I've ever looked but my hair feels stronger. Im not planning on going for the jar yet. I'm thinking of doing a blow dry and flat iron and going to see my fav stylist to give me dry cut and clean this mess up...maybe the end of the week. So far, my NG is behaving itself.

yoli184

Cattypus1
xu93texas
Altruisticoam
KiWiStyle,
shortdub78
EnExitStageLeft
soonergirl
SunySydeofLyfe

Hi everyone. Just wanted to let ya'll know I am texlaxing (probably more texturizing) now and protective styling in sew-ins. I will do this for a whole year (until October 2014) to retain ALL the growth...no trims whatsoever. I have finally learned how to properly care for sew-ins. I'm literally getting no breakage during take-down! Just thick lushes hair. I want to be MBL by the end of 2014. Im currently 4 inches away......WL is 7 inches away. I was inspired by reniece's you tube video. All those beautiful heads of hair got me going crazy right now. My hair is doing great. Its thicker and stronger...and growing wonderfully. I am also back to APL :) I just got a new sew-in last week and I'm loving it. Will do my last touch up in December and post year end pics.

HHG

Status
Not open for further replies.