2013 Relaxed Hair Buddy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
shortdub78, I've seen the pics of your hair that you posted. Your hair is amazing. Don't deny it, my dear. You can't convince us otherwise.

EnExitStageLeft, I wanna see it on you! :grin:

Thank you! Lol you know I can be hard on myself, especially since so many have beautifully thick hair and buns! I can't wait until next year in the spring to have a fuller bun like yours even though your hair will be to your butt by then!

xu93texas
KiWiStyle
shortdub78
yoli184
Altruisticoam
EnExitStageLeft
soonergirl
SunySydeofLyfe

I really have to share a new find...ORS Edge Control. My biggest struggle while stretching is my edges. They are the catalyst for the jar of relaxer, henna and every other random thing I've tried. I'm pretty gray right in front of my ears and my temples and that hair is so unruly it ain't even funny! I don't really care about the color, it's the wiry, crazy texture that makes me want to shave my head!
This is my 15&1/2 week post hair in a braid out. Please try to ignore the gray-to-orange color and the stalker pumpkin in the background (LOL). The picture really does not do the edges justice. This is a must have product, smooth as silk, not greasy at all and leaves my hair so soft.

image-2392970265.jpg

xu93texas KiWiStyle shortdub78 yoli184 Altruisticoam EnExitStageLeft soonergirl SunySydeofLyfe I really have to share a new find...ORS Edge Control. My biggest struggle while stretching is my edges. They are the catalyst for the jar of relaxer, henna and every other random thing I've tried. I'm pretty gray right in front of my ears and my temples and that hair is so unruly it ain't even funny! I don't really care about the color, it's the wiry, crazy texture that makes me want to shave my head! This is my 15&1/2 week post hair in a braid out. Please try to ignore the gray-to-orange color and the stalker pumpkin in the background (LOL). The picture really does not do the edges justice. This is a must have product, smooth as silk, not greasy at all and leaves my hair so soft.

Cattypus1 thanks for the reco, I'll grab some tomorrow!!! You'll always talking about your grey temples but it looks fine to me, I'm just at the age where I just don't give a crap about what people think of me. And your braid-out is fierce!!!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

xu93texas
KiWiStyle
shortdub78
yoli184
Altruisticoam
EnExitStageLeft
soonergirl
Cattypus1

Hey ladies, I have been trying to use the MTG but the oil is getting on my nerves. I am thinking of mixing it with something to make it a cream...does anyone have anything to suggest.

Also, I am loving green magic, it tingles and feels so soothing to my scalp, I am thinking I about ordering another one even before I finish this one..such a shame but this is some good stuff!!! It makes me not want to use the MTG but I spent the money and I know it works if I am consistent. Help me ladies not order another green magic but make a cream that I can oil my scalp with using the MTG!!!

Thanks!

What chu talk in' bout' Willis?!?! Sent from my iPhone using LHCF
Gurrrrrrrl...I'm bout ta go for anutha 6 month stretch...I found the Holy Grail for edges. You know how it is. I don't care how cute the rest of yo hair is, if yo edges are jacked, it ain't cute!

Cattypus1 thanks for the reco, I'll grab some tomorrow!!! You'll always talking about your grey temples but it looks fine to me, I'm just at the age where I just don't give a crap about what people think of me. And your braid-out is fierce!!! Sent from my iPhone using LHCF
Thanks, girl. I don't really care about the color it's the stupid imma do my own thang part that pisses me off! I'm so over it, I don't think I'm going to henna any time soon either...we'll just hafta see bout that one...LOL

Gurrrrrrrl...I'm bout ta go for anutha 6 month stretch...I found the Holy Grail for edges. You know how it is. I don't care how cute the rest of yo hair is, if yo edges are jacked, it ain't cute!

LOL! You know when I read ANOTHER six month stretch, I thought you were stretching for a whole year! If I could do six months and not stress about thinning due to breakage at that dang line of demarcation, I would be right there witcha. I wish you the best of success with your stretch!

Thanks, girl. I don't really care about the color it's the stupid imma do my own thang part that pisses me off! I'm so over it, I don't think I'm going to henna any time soon either...we'll just hafta see bout that one...LOL

Do you BOO-BOO, LOL!!!' Seriously, I think you'll cave on that no henna any time soon stuff but if you can keep those edges looking that good, I think you'll be fine.

Cattypus1
xu93texas
Altruisticoam
yoli184
shortdub78
EnExitStageLeft
soonergirl
SunySydeofLyfe

So I'm presently under my dryer doing my pre-texlax protein treatment. Yep, I'm texlaxing on 11/1 at 12 weeks post. I am so hair lazy because I don't want to deal with all the knots and tangles and nappy roots. I seriously don't do anything to my hair, I smooth it up with my hands and cover my NG with my satin scarfs. That's it, everyday because I'm afraid of over manipulation and breakage. It seems as though I'm the stretching punk of our group and guess what, I'm ok with that. I can't wait to play in my hair again next week!!

LOL! You know when I read ANOTHER six month stretch, I thought you were stretching for a whole year! If I could do six months and not stress about thinning due to breakage at that dang line of demarcation, I would be right there witcha. I wish you the best of success with your stretch! Sent from my iPhone using LHCF
No chile...I did a 6 month last year at about this time. I said I'd never do it again but I've been texlaxing since then so my demarcation line is not that rigid. Now that I've found my edges again without relaxing I'm ready to go...only 2&1/2 more months to go to get to 6. I'm hoping I can gain some thickness by stretching longer.

Cattypus1 xu93texas Altruisticoam yoli184 shortdub78 EnExitStageLeft soonergirl SunySydeofLyfe So I'm presently under my dryer doing my pre-texlax protein treatment. Yep, I'm texlaxing on 11/1 at 12 weeks post. I am so hair lazy because I don't want to deal with all the knots and tangles and nappy roots. I seriously don't do anything to my hair, I smooth it up with my hands and cover my NG with my satin scarfs. That's it, everyday because I'm afraid of over manipulation and breakage. It seems as though I'm the stretching punk of our group and guess what, I'm ok with that. I can't wait to play in my hair again next week!! Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

"Stretching punk" LMBO! Swang that hurr, gurl!

@Cattypus1
@xu93texas
@Altruisticoam
@yoli184
@shortdub78
@EnExitStageLeft
@soonergirl
@SunySydeofLyfe

So I'm presently under my dryer doing my pre-texlax protein treatment. Yep, I'm texlaxing on 11/1 at 12 weeks post. I am so hair lazy because I don't want to deal with all the knots and tangles and nappy roots. I seriously don't do anything to my hair, I smooth it up with my hands and cover my NG with my satin scarfs. That's it, everyday because I'm afraid of over manipulation and breakage. It seems as though I'm the stretching punk of our group and guess what, I'm ok with that. I can't wait to play in my hair again next week!!

You have to do what's best for your hair. Lol at stretching punk of the group. I remember back in the day, I wouldn't dream of stretching past 6-7 weeks and I would have my stylist do a partial relaxer on my sides and nape 3 weeks later. We've come a long waaay baby!!

You have to do what's best for your hair. Lol at stretching punk of the group. I remember back in the day, I wouldn't dream of stretching past 6-7 weeks and I would have my stylist do a partial relaxer on my sides and nape 3 weeks later. We've come a long waaay baby!!

We have come a long way! I'm honored to be a part of this healthy hair elite club. CHEERS!

xu93texas & KiWiStyle...we have come a long way. Like you said, I wouldn't have dreamed of going past 8 weeks and when I became a selfie, I can't honestly say how long I waited in between because it was so easy to keep it straightened all the time. Thanks for letting me be a member of the HHC!

Cattypus1
xu93texas
Altruisticoam
yoli184
shortdub78
EnExitStageLeft
soonergirl
SunySydeofLyfe

I hear ya! Can't wait to see it!

I'm visiting with my nephew who is away at college. Be home tomorrow. Catch up then! Hope everyone is doing well.

Hey guys :wave:! Im new around here (this thread lol). I'm currently 9 weeks post. My next touch will be only my third touch up EVER (natural turned texlaxer last November. The first time I stretched 6 months(with stellar results) and the second time I stretched only 3 months (due to impatience/ haste which led to not so good results). With that being said, my mind is telling me i need to stretch for a total of 6 months but my boddddyyyy doesn't know if i can wait that long. I hope so though!!!

JudithO what made you do the additional 5 weeks this time?

Last edited:
^^^ So adorable!!! Complete details to include step by step directions which further include you coming and doing my hair lol! Love it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back